Singapore Expats

ePR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
pianogal

ePR

Post by pianogal » Mon, 18 Dec 2017 5:41 pm

Done ePR application today. With all complete scanned documents and preps, still need a total six hours in front of computer to fill out the form, review, upload attachments, and do payment (including handling two timeouts).

ICA system was down at 8am this morning to make the ePR go live. It was finally live just before 08.30am, accessible using singpass.

The form 4A is far more detailed than the hardcopy version. Document reference numbers are demanded - All applicant needs to put their national ID numbers, birth certs number, and marriage cert number. The entry for parents and siblings are quite detailed, with dedicated field for each person (compared to only a summary table in the old form 4A). Filling the form online - which requires selecting from pre-populated field and filling field one by one- takes far longer time than dealing with hardcopy form. Total 20 pages of form was generated.

I experienced timeout several times, and once I needed to re-upload the documents all over again. When timeout happened, I just re-login using singpass and resume the draft application. Thankfully, despite the timeout, the system was able to continue from where I left off. Payment was smooth too.

Small tip: When filling up the "responsibilities" section in employment history - only use letters numbers and spaces. The field somehow could not take symbols and punctuations (incl ., and $).

Now we pray!

Addendum: Starting 18 Dec ICA also allows PR application for Students - seems to be aiming for student who are doing pre-tertiary studies in Singapore. It is made clear that PR granted through this scheme is liable for NS, unlike the PTS scheme.

SCmarriedtoMalaysian

Re: ePR

Post by SCmarriedtoMalaysian » Tue, 19 Dec 2017 11:07 am

whoa, that's fast of you

snoopyfd

Post by snoopyfd » Fri, 22 Dec 2017 11:02 pm

Thanks for sharing! can I clarify something with you?
How do you manage to get the Employer's Information (Annex A) stamped by your company so fast? since now cannot download Annex A online. Is it still the same as old hardcopy version?

pianogal

Post by pianogal » Sat, 23 Dec 2017 6:54 am

snoopyfd wrote:Thanks for sharing! can I clarify something with you?
How do you manage to get the Employer's Information (Annex A) stamped by your company so fast? since now cannot download Annex A online. Is it still the same as old hardcopy version?
Yes it's the same and I got it a few days before using the old hardcopy version.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

yosithezet

Post by yosithezet » Wed, 10 Jan 2018 5:30 pm

Good luck on your application!

I'm considering applying. I'm in Singapore 6.5 years and with the current employer 5.5 years. Do I need a letter from the first employer stating start/end dates and the salary to complete the online app?

Does the online app generate the Annex A or should I find a way to download and get that from the employer beforehand? I guess it is likely that they will already have a version of Annex A they have used for others and can simply issue that for me.

mou-ming

Post by mou-ming » Thu, 11 Jan 2018 12:24 pm

Whoa! Swift.

I think I've gathered everything so far. I'm only struggling with point A9. It seems to be something new comparing to the previous process.
A9. Current Employer’s letter stating the date of employment, position held, salary per month for the past 6 months with breakdown into basic, overtime and allowance per month. The letter, addressed to the Controller of Immigration, should be dated within 1 month from the date of submission
Do you have an example of it should be written? Please help.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Jan 2018 1:19 pm

Sounds like A9 is pretty explanatory. What words didn't you understand?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kimls

Post by kimls » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 1:19 pm

pianogal wrote:Done ePR application today. With all complete scanned documents and preps, still need a total six hours in front of computer to fill out the form, review, upload attachments, and do payment (including handling two timeouts).

ICA system was down at 8am this morning to make the ePR go live. It was finally live just before 08.30am, accessible using singpass.

The form 4A is far more detailed than the hardcopy version. Document reference numbers are demanded - All applicant needs to put their national ID numbers, birth certs number, and marriage cert number. The entry for parents and siblings are quite detailed, with dedicated field for each person (compared to only a summary table in the old form 4A). Filling the form online - which requires selecting from pre-populated field and filling field one by one- takes far longer time than dealing with hardcopy form. Total 20 pages of form was generated.

I experienced timeout several times, and once I needed to re-upload the documents all over again. When timeout happened, I just re-login using singpass and resume the draft application. Thankfully, despite the timeout, the system was able to continue from where I left off. Payment was smooth too.

Small tip: When filling up the "responsibilities" section in employment history - only use letters numbers and spaces. The field somehow could not take symbols and punctuations (incl ., and $).

Now we pray!

Addendum: Starting 18 Dec ICA also allows PR application for Students - seems to be aiming for student who are doing pre-tertiary studies in Singapore. It is made clear that PR granted through this scheme is liable for NS, unlike the PTS scheme.
My husband and I registered our marriage in Korea, and after looking at our Korean marriage cert, there isn't any marriage cert number. Will we still be allowed to apply via ePR if I don't input the marriage cert number?

Thanks!

ywzqxlh

Post by ywzqxlh » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 12:01 am

I uploaded all the mandatory docs, clicked on "View uploads" to confirm. But when I clicked on "Next", it doesn't go to the payment page and just goes right back to the "upload documents" page. Any idea why? Time is ticking and I need to proceed and submit but can't figure out how to.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 12:21 pm

I have been trying to submit e-PR since more than a month.. every time, after attaching all the documents, I hit Next button and the timeout error occurred screen appears. Even today since 11:00 AM, I have been trying to upload the documents, same error. I tried Wireless and on Wired. Changed the laptops. Changed network. Nothing seems working. I have emailed to ICA at least 3-4 times. No response. I have tried reaching on phone, most of the times no luck. I don't understand what else on earth I can do to submit..
Please share any thoughts or tips that can help me.

yeohjoern

Post by yeohjoern » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 11:55 pm

Hi, Could anyone please share with me the form that you could download for application for oneself. I am currently getting my singpass sorted out and would like to see the form to get an idea on how to fill it later.

SGePR

Post by SGePR » Thu, 05 Jul 2018 2:51 pm

I also don't quite understand how A9 is different to Annex A, it seems to require the same information. Do we need a letter from the employer AND the stamped Annex A?

SGePR

Post by SGePR » Thu, 05 Jul 2018 2:56 pm

ywzqxlh wrote:I uploaded all the mandatory docs, clicked on "View uploads" to confirm. But when I clicked on "Next", it doesn't go to the payment page and just goes right back to the "upload documents" page. Any idea why? Time is ticking and I need to proceed and submit but can't figure out how to.

I also have the same problem, did you ever find out why that was the case?

allblack_512

Post by allblack_512 » Fri, 10 Aug 2018 10:42 am

mou-ming wrote:Whoa! Swift.

I think I've gathered everything so far. I'm only struggling with point A9. It seems to be something new comparing to the previous process.
A9. Current Employer’s letter stating the date of employment, position held, salary per month for the past 6 months with breakdown into basic, overtime and allowance per month. The letter, addressed to the Controller of Immigration, should be dated within 1 month from the date of submission
Do you have an example of it should be written? Please help.
Hi mou-ming,
Finally how you solve this problem? i also facing this problem dno't know what should my employer writen "salary per month for the past 6 months with breakdown into basic, overtime and allowance per month".

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 10 Aug 2018 11:45 pm

It's pretty simple really. You go to HR and ask them for a letter outlining your pay for the last six months, broken down by month an by the type of income requested, e.g., listing your basic salary for each month requested and separately any allowances and/or Overtime received for each pay requested. Seriously, it's pretty simple and is designed so that somebody with only an N level qualification will easily be able to understand the requirements. One of my staff just received his PR two weeks ago, and about 4 to 6 weeks before that I gave him a letter and his previous 6 months pay vouchers for the same purpose.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers