Singapore Expats Forum

ePR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
AppleCider
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 10:57 pm

Re: ePR

Post by AppleCider » Mon, 20 Aug 2018 11:07 pm

Hi! Are there any student applicants here?

Just wanted to clarify this -- why is it mandatory to upload a primary school completion certificate when it is not one of the required documents listed in the mandatory notes.

I didn't bother to get my primary school certificate translated because it wasn't listed (the certificate is in Malay) and now I'm not sure if I should just submit my application or get it translated and redo my application (because I might not be able to get the translation done within 7 days as I need to get the cert mailed from Malaysia)

Any advice on this? :/

Bongy21
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed, 16 May 2018 4:46 pm

Re: ePR

Post by Bongy21 » Tue, 21 Aug 2018 9:11 am

Hi Apple Cider,
for Primary school requirement is only your PSLE result that need to upload there.

AppleCider
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 10:57 pm

Re: ePR

Post by AppleCider » Tue, 21 Aug 2018 3:12 pm

Bongy21 wrote:Hi Apple Cider,
for Primary school requirement is only your PSLE result that need to upload there.
Hi Bongy21,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I thought so, too. But when I was uploading my documents, I could not proceed to the next page without uploading a primary school cert as it was marked as a mandatory document.

Since my primary school cert is in Malay, technically I would need to get it translated professionally and notarized like what I did for my Malaysian birth cert. But I couldn't really do that because of the time limit for ePR application. Also, in my opinion, it is a bit weird to require professional translation and notarization for a primary school cert...Especially for my Malaysian one which is just a flimsy, unofficial-looking piece of white paper...

Anyway, I was wondering if other student applicants faced the same issue and what they did.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: ePR

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 21 Aug 2018 3:45 pm

AppleCider wrote:
Bongy21 wrote:Hi Apple Cider,
for Primary school requirement is only your PSLE result that need to upload there.
Hi Bongy21,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I thought so, too. But when I was uploading my documents, I could not proceed to the next page without uploading a primary school cert as it was marked as a mandatory document.

Since my primary school cert is in Malay, technically I would need to get it translated professionally and notarized like what I did for my Malaysian birth cert. But I couldn't really do that because of the time limit for ePR application. Also, in my opinion, it is a bit weird to require professional translation and notarization for a primary school cert...Especially for my Malaysian one which is just a flimsy, unofficial-looking piece of white paper...

Anyway, I was wondering if other student applicants faced the same issue and what they did.
If the documents are in malay, you dont need to translate

cwlun85
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 3:18 pm

Re: ePR

Post by cwlun85 » Tue, 21 Aug 2018 4:20 pm

Hai pianogal is ur pr already approve?

pianogal
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 24 May 2017 8:23 am

Re: ePR

Post by pianogal » Tue, 21 Aug 2018 7:55 pm

cwlun85 wrote:Hai pianogal is ur pr already approve?
Still pending.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

cwlun85
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 3:18 pm

Re: ePR

Post by cwlun85 » Tue, 21 Aug 2018 10:38 pm

pianogal wrote:
cwlun85 wrote:Hai pianogal is ur pr already approve?
Still pending.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
ic.... I think this few week will receive letter , good luck to you ya.

3sakuya3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 2:41 am

Re: ePR

Post by 3sakuya3 » Sat, 13 Oct 2018 2:44 am

pianogal wrote:Done ePR application today. With all complete scanned documents and preps, still need a total six hours in front of computer to fill out the form, review, upload attachments, and do payment (including handling two timeouts).

ICA system was down at 8am this morning to make the ePR go live. It was finally live just before 08.30am, accessible using singpass.

The form 4A is far more detailed than the hardcopy version. Document reference numbers are demanded - All applicant needs to put their national ID numbers, birth certs number, and marriage cert number. The entry for parents and siblings are quite detailed, with dedicated field for each person (compared to only a summary table in the old form 4A). Filling the form online - which requires selecting from pre-populated field and filling field one by one- takes far longer time than dealing with hardcopy form. Total 20 pages of form was generated.

I experienced timeout several times, and once I needed to re-upload the documents all over again. When timeout happened, I just re-login using singpass and resume the draft application. Thankfully, despite the timeout, the system was able to continue from where I left off. Payment was smooth too.

Small tip: When filling up the "responsibilities" section in employment history - only use letters numbers and spaces. The field somehow could not take symbols and punctuations (incl ., and $).

Now we pray!

Addendum: Starting 18 Dec ICA also allows PR application for Students - seems to be aiming for student who are doing pre-tertiary studies in Singapore. It is made clear that PR granted through this scheme is liable for NS, unlike the PTS scheme.

hi! may i ask how to upload the documents? i just completed the form online..
thanks

Collierandcharms
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 5:30 pm

Re: ePR

Post by Collierandcharms » Sun, 02 Dec 2018 5:32 pm

Im having trouble in uploading my files. My files r in pdf format and whenever i try to upload it shows "wrong file"

michelle7054
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 5:20 pm

Re: ePR

Post by michelle7054 » Mon, 17 Dec 2018 5:44 pm

HI, I need help here.

For the Old Foreign Identification column, I do not have a old malaysian ID , I cant even put NA, How do you guys solve this ?


Thanks,
Mich

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3975
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:53 am
Location: SIndiapore

Re: ePR

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 09 Jan 2019 9:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:It's pretty simple really. You go to HR and ask them for a letter outlining your pay for the last six months, broken down by month an by the type of income requested, e.g., listing your basic salary for each month requested and separately any allowances and/or Overtime received for each pay requested. Seriously, it's pretty simple and is designed so that somebody with only an N level qualification will easily be able to understand the requirements. One of my staff just received his PR two weeks ago, and about 4 to 6 weeks before that I gave him a letter and his previous 6 months pay vouchers for the same purpose.
This letter makes no sense. When all the information is already there in the Annex A and we are also providing them with 6 months payslip. For an otherwise very pragmatic application process, this new letter is weird.

Patrick911
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 02 Feb 2019 6:07 pm

Re: ePR

Post by Patrick911 » Sat, 02 Feb 2019 6:10 pm

How long did it take for your application to be approved? How did you get notified when it was approved? How did the notification look like? Did the email say change in status / approved / update in status? Hope to hear soon.
pianogal wrote:Done ePR application today. With all complete scanned documents and preps, still need a total six hours in front of computer to fill out the form, review, upload attachments, and do payment (including handling two timeouts).

ICA system was down at 8am this morning to make the ePR go live. It was finally live just before 08.30am, accessible using singpass.

The form 4A is far more detailed than the hardcopy version. Document reference numbers are demanded - All applicant needs to put their national ID numbers, birth certs number, and marriage cert number. The entry for parents and siblings are quite detailed, with dedicated field for each person (compared to only a summary table in the old form 4A). Filling the form online - which requires selecting from pre-populated field and filling field one by one- takes far longer time than dealing with hardcopy form. Total 20 pages of form was generated.

I experienced timeout several times, and once I needed to re-upload the documents all over again. When timeout happened, I just re-login using singpass and resume the draft application. Thankfully, despite the timeout, the system was able to continue from where I left off. Payment was smooth too.

Small tip: When filling up the "responsibilities" section in employment history - only use letters numbers and spaces. The field somehow could not take symbols and punctuations (incl ., and $).

Now we pray!

Addendum: Starting 18 Dec ICA also allows PR application for Students - seems to be aiming for student who are doing pre-tertiary studies in Singapore. It is made clear that PR granted through this scheme is liable for NS, unlike the PTS scheme.

sulfing
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 1:30 pm

Re: ePR

Post by sulfing » Sun, 24 Feb 2019 1:36 pm

Hello guys,

Did anyone of you have any problems uploading PDF documents into the ePR application?

I have been trying all day and it keeps on telling me (Wrong file format/Incomplete file) even though my files are small size PDFs (like 271KB) :(

Thanks!

Post Reply


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests