Singapore Expats

One child v/s two

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
casey5047

Re: One child v/s two

Post by casey5047 » Mon, 30 Jul 2018 1:51 pm

AussieMumma wrote:I do want to be come an individual at some point in my life again
Your chosen username is AussieMumma.

AussieMumma

Post by AussieMumma » Mon, 30 Jul 2018 4:47 pm

Wow Casey. You’re on a roll mate. Least helpful comment ever but thanks for your input. I said at some point, not right now when I am looking at becoming a mother again....so after specific information.

Evangline.s

Post by Evangline.s » Thu, 23 Aug 2018 4:53 pm

I hope that your lifestyle habits don't influence your decision on having another kid or not. If you are unable to give your child(daughter) a companion then maybe allowing her to have a sibling would be the better idea. Surely it would take up your time and energy currently, but we should'nt live life too selfishly. As mentioned by others too, you will have your free time in years to come to play games.

That being said, always consider your living expenses and current household income. Are you able to afford another child?

TWeeZY

Post by TWeeZY » Fri, 14 Sep 2018 6:54 pm

Having another child may really help to instil a sense of responsibility to your daughter and she has another companion. The new child may be able to learn from her elder sister while you focus on your job and games etc. Also, *touchwood* if anything were to ever happen, at least they have one another.