Singapore Expats

The Architect Fitness Thread

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
TheArchitect

The Architect Fitness Thread

Post by TheArchitect » Mon, 11 Dec 2017 3:32 pm

Hello Guys,

I've seen a lot of posts here on this forum asking for tips on weight gain and weight loss. I figured I'd start a new thread in itself wherein you can post all your questions regarding fitness and I'll do my best to answer each and every one of them.

Just a little introduction about myself,

I'm a full blooded chinese born and raised in the Philippines. I have a love hate relationship with Singapore as my mom used to work there for 9 years. Love because of how well organized Singapore is compared to my home country, hate primarily because of all the butt cracks I get to see wherever I go. Average is 5 butt cracks per day. #-o

Now that you know a bit about myself, allow me to share with you my credentials.

IFPA(International Fitness Professionals Association) - Affliated, just took my certification exam yesterday and would take around 3-4 weeks to process that.

Advanced Diploma in Sports Nutrition

2013 Philippine National Raw Bench Championships 59kg Junior Bronze
2014 Philippine National Games Powerlifting 59kg Junior Gold
2014 Philippine National Powerlifting Championships 59kg Junior Silver
2015 Philippine National Powerlifting Championships 66kg Class B Gold
2015 Philippine Raw National Powerlifting Championships 59kg Interschool Gold
2015 Philippine Raw National Powerlifting Championships 59kg Junior Gold
2015 Philippine Raw National Powerlifting Championships 59kg Open Silver
2016 Dewfoam 5 in 1 Powerlifting Championships 59kg Open Bronze
2016 Philippine Open National Age Group and Class B Championships 59kg Class B Silver
2016 Philippine Open National Age Group and Class B Championships 59kg Open Bronze

{solicitation sanitized by moderator}

My goal here on this thread is to be able to give out advice as much as I can. Advice which can truly help you achieve your fitness goals. I hope to be able to debunk a lot of myths along the process!
Honest Guidance. Realistic Results.
http://fb.com/thearchitectph

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: The Architect Fitness Thread

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 Dec 2017 5:15 pm

TheArchitect

We have had fitness guys on here before. They all tried the same gambit of answering questions and giving helpful advice. They all tow the mark until some point in the near future until they try to start advertising/soliciting. It's at that point that they get banned.

My advice to you is if you are like us old timers who like to pay it forward with the occasional thank you being our only reward, please do so with our blessings.

However, when you start to try to slide in solicitations or advertising that will lead back to your website/blog then you are history. There will not be any warning, but it will be swift and permanent. We honestly welcome those who are altruistic but we don't like it when people are doing it for personal gain.

So with that I give you some advice how it's going to work. We don't allow active advertising or soliciting unless it paid for advertising. However, we DO allow a single url to your blog/web page in your signature block at the bottom of the post. For more complete information please read the following thread carefully.

viewtopic.php?t=38617#p228714

You are NOT allowed to refer to the signature link in the body of any message you post. It is strictly a passive hyperlink and if the poo you give on here is any good, then the readers may actually click on the link to check you out. But it's purely passive. You can do a search of physical fitness buffs here and you will see almost all of the came to a bad end.

Meanwhile, welcome to the forum and we hope you stay a while. ;-)

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

TheArchitect

Re: The Architect Fitness Thread

Post by TheArchitect » Mon, 11 Dec 2017 5:31 pm

Hello Sunday!

Thank you for the insightful and warm welcome. No worries, as I very much am just looking forward to help. Anything that comes with that, I will just consider as a bonus. I'm very much looking forward to helping you guys out here. Please by all means, do ask. :wink:
Honest Guidance. Realistic Results.
http://fb.com/thearchitectph