resign while PEP is not issued.

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Post Reply
cosmos2017
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 6:58 am

resign while PEP is not issued.

Post by cosmos2017 » Fri, 08 Dec 2017 7:19 am

I am holding an EP now however my company is forced me to resign.

I have submitted my PEP application this Monday and hopefully it could get approved asap.

Actually I assume I still have 2-3 months left in the company. So there is a good odds that I could see the result of the PEP application.

My question is.

1. If I lose my job before I get PEP IPA letter, will the PEP application be automatically cancelled?
2. If I get the PEP IPA letter, I understand the company is required to cancel my existing EP so that I can issue the PEP. Does it make no difference if the company simply cancel my EP to end my employment?
3. If lose my job after I get PEP IPA letter, can I activate the PEP pass at any time as long as within 6 months IPA valid period?
4. If scenario 2 is true, when the PEP is issued and I have left the company, is the PEP still linked to my old employer as I stated in my application? Is my old employer required to send another notification to MOM that I have quit the company?

Thanks.
Last edited by cosmos2017 on Fri, 08 Dec 2017 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8199
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: resign while PEP is not issued.

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 08 Dec 2017 7:34 am

I think you're out of luck. Better off looking for a new job first.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

cosmos2017
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 6:58 am

Re: resign while PEP is not issued.

Post by cosmos2017 » Fri, 08 Dec 2017 7:44 am

Actually I assume I still have 2-3 months left in the company. So there is a good odds that I could see the result of the PEP application.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38638
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: resign while PEP is not issued.

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Dec 2017 9:49 pm

I also think you are probably out of luck.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

ndes99
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 6:03 am

Re: resign while PEP is not issued.

Post by ndes99 » Sun, 10 Dec 2017 7:11 pm

I am in a very similar situation. So let me know what you hear. When I spoke to a MOM representative, the person said doesn't matter what your employment status is. But i could be wrong.

VSG055
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 12:59 pm

Re: resign while PEP is not issued.

Post by VSG055 » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 2:58 pm

I am also in a similar situation. I am currently on EP and have applied PEP. My question to you all is : If my company cancels EP while my PEP result is awaited- Will that lead to MOM rejecting the PEP application?

Also - is the turnaround time 8 weeks as written on the website or it happens faster for current EP holders?

cosmos2017
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 6:58 am

Re: resign while PEP is not issued.

Post by cosmos2017 » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 3:34 pm

Hi ndes99 and VSG

When did you submit your PEP application?

Also when you check on the EP online, can you see your Application No.?

I submitted mine on 4 Dec 2017, and until today the status is still showing "pending" while the "Application No." shows blank.

Is that normal with a blank application No. if the application was submitted manually?

Thanks.

VSG055
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 12:59 pm

Re: resign while PEP is not issued.

Post by VSG055 » Mon, 29 Jan 2018 1:34 pm

cosmos2017 wrote:Hi ndes99 and VSG

When did you submit your PEP application?

Also when you check on the EP online, can you see your Application No.?

I submitted mine on 4 Dec 2017, and until today the status is still showing "pending" while the "Application No." shows blank.

Is that normal with a blank application No. if the application was submitted manually?

Thanks.
I Cannot see the application number when I check it online. Did you guys got your decision yet? I submitted like 3 weeks back and its showing pending still.

cosmos2017
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 6:58 am

Re: resign while PEP is not issued.

Post by cosmos2017 » Mon, 29 Jan 2018 1:54 pm

VSG055 wrote:
cosmos2017 wrote:Hi ndes99 and VSG

When did you submit your PEP application?

Also when you check on the EP online, can you see your Application No.?

I submitted mine on 4 Dec 2017, and until today the status is still showing "pending" while the "Application No." shows blank.

Is that normal with a blank application No. if the application was submitted manually?

Thanks.
I Cannot see the application number when I check it online. Did you guys got your decision yet? I submitted like 3 weeks back and its showing pending still.
My application has been pending for exactly 8 weeks by today. MOM dropped me a letter to request for payslips last week.

VSG055
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 12:59 pm

Re: resign while PEP is not issued.

Post by VSG055 » Fri, 09 Feb 2018 6:27 pm

I also got a mail from MOM asking for the salary slips after 4 weeks of my application. I am still awaiting the outcome.

Cosmos- Did you got the decision on your PEP yet?

yogi2484
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 2:05 am

Re: resign while PEP is not issued.

Post by yogi2484 » Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:59 pm

hi, Did you receive the result of your application? Also, I couldnt figure out the application number from the Sing post receipt I got. The lady at the counter pointed to transaction number as the application number which apparently doesnt work. Using date of application also doesnt work. Any suggestions here?

VSG055
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 12:59 pm

Re: resign while PEP is not issued.

Post by VSG055 » Mon, 12 Feb 2018 1:10 pm

yogi2484 wrote:hi, Did you receive the result of your application? Also, I couldnt figure out the application number from the Sing post receipt I got. The lady at the counter pointed to transaction number as the application number which apparently doesnt work. Using date of application also doesnt work. Any suggestions here?
Use this link to check status

https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE ... yAction.do

First eneter your FIN and name. Then when you go to next page Use option 2 and put your passport number (Travel Document) to check the status.

My status is till showing Pending.

yogi2484
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 2:05 am

Re: resign while PEP is not issued.

Post by yogi2484 » Mon, 12 Feb 2018 4:07 pm

thanks, I did that as well but it just shows status of my EP which is valid.

VSG055
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 12:59 pm

Re: resign while PEP is not issued.

Post by VSG055 » Mon, 12 Feb 2018 4:23 pm

yogi2484 wrote:thanks, I did that as well but it just shows status of my EP which is valid.
It should change once they have got your PEP application. Mine was showing the same but after few days it changed to Pending.

yogi2484
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 2:05 am

Re: resign while PEP is not issued.

Post by yogi2484 » Wed, 14 Feb 2018 12:52 pm

Thanks. It worked today. Its showing employment pass as pass type but I assume this is just how they show. Any luck with your status?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests