Singapore Expats

Moving household appliances from India

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
omshastry

Moving household appliances from India

Post by omshastry » Mon, 04 Dec 2017 7:51 pm

At the risk of sounding like a lame question, can I ask if it is advisable or okay to move household appliances like washing machine and refrigerator to Singapore from India? We are relocating to Singapore from Mumbai in a couple of months, and want to bring along these appliances which we just purchased a few months back after a lot of research. Wondering if they would work in Singapore (the voltage/amp details do suggest they should).

Anyone having done this earlier?

P.S. The cost of moving these items is not a deciding factor. All expenses borne by my wife's employer.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Moving household appliances from India

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 05 Dec 2017 12:35 am

If shipping cost is no issue, then the electrical requirements are the same... 240 volt, 50 Hz. You should verify the amperage on your dryer, though... the majority of dryers I have seen sold in Singapore use between 10 and 13 amps... and thus, a standard electrical outlet. If your dryer has a higher current draw, you will need to consider adding a new, higher current circuit to the place to move into.

RaghavChuriwala

Post by RaghavChuriwala » Fri, 02 Aug 2019 3:55 pm

Whats the rate for moving the goods? I am planning the same.
Thanks

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by joop » Tue, 06 Aug 2019 10:41 am

You can get a quote from the Movers : https://www.singaporeexpats.com/product ... tation.htm
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property