Singapore Expats

Which area to rent?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
paperbook2

Which area to rent?

Post by paperbook2 » Mon, 04 Dec 2017 4:39 pm

Hi guys,

I am a single female who will be relocating from Malaysia to Singapore. I have done my research online on where I can possibly rent on, however the information returned is mostly aimed at expats (thus, slightly more luxurious than I am able to afford). I am asking here as I don't know any other forums I can ask in for advice :???:

I plan to rent a room (HDB apartment) as I have a tight budget and would like to live somewhere near an MRT. My office will be near to Raffles Place MRT, hence I was thinking of living somewhere along the green MRT line:
- Commonwealth
- Queenstown
- Tiong Bahru
- Outram Park
- Bugis
- Kallang

I would like to ask for advice on any of these areas on how accessible is it to affordable eating spots (such as hawker centres) and if the area has activities for the weekends (such as shopping malls, but this is mostly a bonus rather than a need).

I appreciate any and all advice/suggestions available!

Thanks in advance.

Search By

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Which area to rent?

Post by bgd » Tue, 05 Dec 2017 12:22 pm

Don't know Commonwealth or Queenstown but your other options have hawkers, etc. Malls, you've come to the right country, they are everywhere.

MRT at rush hour is crowded, also consider buses.

Good luck on your hunt.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: Which area to rent?

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 05 Dec 2017 3:47 pm

paperbook2 wrote:Hi guys,

I am a single female who will be relocating from Malaysia to Singapore. I have done my research online on where I can possibly rent on, however the information returned is mostly aimed at expats (thus, slightly more luxurious than I am able to afford). I am asking here as I don't know any other forums I can ask in for advice :???:

I plan to rent a room (HDB apartment) as I have a tight budget and would like to live somewhere near an MRT. My office will be near to Raffles Place MRT, hence I was thinking of living somewhere along the green MRT line:
- Commonwealth
- Queenstown
- Tiong Bahru
- Outram Park
- Bugis
- Kallang

I would like to ask for advice on any of these areas on how accessible is it to affordable eating spots (such as hawker centres) and if the area has activities for the weekends (such as shopping malls, but this is mostly a bonus rather than a need).

I appreciate any and all advice/suggestions available!

Thanks in advance.
Downtown (Blue Line) Line have a stop at Telok Ayer so can consider that option.

Queenstown/Commonwealth have plenty Coffee Shops to eat at as I have been to almost every station in Singapore to locate such places. :D
Life is short, paddle harder!!