Singapore Expats Forum

Info on going to JB for my wife

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Chaorenz
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 19 Nov 2017

Info on going to JB for my wife

Postby Chaorenz » Sun, 03 Dec 2017 9:08 pm

Hi , i have some question which i hope someone could help me on this .

My wife is on tourist pass , both of us got married last month , currently her tourist pass is being extended to Jan as the LTVP is in process .

May i ask could i still drive her in to JB ? Will there be any implication on either of the customs side ?

We wont be staying for a night , just go in to grab some food and car wash .

And i would need to bring all the document with me ?

Thanks

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9808
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Info on going to JB for my wife

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 03 Dec 2017 9:42 pm

Chaorenz wrote:Hi , i have some question which i hope someone could help me on this .

My wife is on tourist pass , both of us got married last month , currently her tourist pass is being extended to Jan as the LTVP is in process .

May i ask could i still drive her in to JB ? Will there be any implication on either of the customs side ?

We wont be staying for a night , just go in to grab some food and car wash .

And i would need to bring all the document with me ?

Thanks


What passport she holds ?

If she's eligible for visa on Arrival, should be no issue

Just take note her tourist visa will expire once she leaves Singapore

Chaorenz
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 19 Nov 2017

Re: Info on going to JB for my wife

Postby Chaorenz » Sun, 03 Dec 2017 9:46 pm

She hold a Philippines Passport .

Her Tourist visa will expire in Jan as ICA extended her pass while i apply for her LTVP .

So it safer to stay in SG till she get her Ltvp pass?

Thanks

bgd
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1263
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

Re: Info on going to JB for my wife

Postby bgd » Mon, 04 Dec 2017 11:48 am

There was a thread earlier on this. If I recall correctly, if your visa has been extended then if you leave the country it must be for a period of at least 5 days if it's in the extension period - check the ICA site.

Edit: this thread

viewtopic.php?t=119946&hilit=visa+extension

giantbok
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed, 06 Jan 2016

Re: Info on going to JB for my wife

Postby giantbok » Mon, 04 Dec 2017 5:46 pm

It is better to stay in Singapore and only go to JB once LTSVP is approved and formalities is done (card is collected) as this will be an assurance for re entry in Singapore. The extension will be void when the white card is collected at the customs/immig once she will leave Singapore. If you insists to leave Singapore without her having the LTVSP, it is up to the immig officer at the border how many days of stay will they give her upon entry or worst she might be denied entry (this is up to the officer). If she will be allowed to enter, then you will have to go through the ICA process again to extend her stay when the visit pass is about to expire and the LTVSP application is still pending for the result. Hope this helps.

misschiu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 05 Dec 2017

Re: Info on going to JB for my wife

Postby misschiu » Tue, 05 Dec 2017 3:25 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Chaorenz wrote:Hi , i have some question which i hope someone could help me on this .

My wife is on tourist pass , both of us got married last month , currently her tourist pass is being extended to Jan as the LTVP is in process .

May i ask could i still drive her in to JB ? Will there be any implication on either of the customs side ?

We wont be staying for a night , just go in to grab some food and car wash .

And i would need to bring all the document with me ?

Thanks


What passport she holds ?

If she's eligible for visa on Arrival, should be no issue

Just take note her tourist visa will expire once she leaves Singapore




hello, im applying LTVP on 17th November 2017. before that i have applied pre marriage long term pass, and was approved. i'm holding indonesian passport. but until now still "receiving attention.". how long is take ? i alread wait for 3weeks but still stuck. thank you

Chaorenz
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 19 Nov 2017

Re: Info on going to JB for my wife

Postby Chaorenz » Tue, 05 Dec 2017 3:35 pm

Hi thank you for all your reply. I will wait for my Ltvp to be approved then bring her over to Jb.

Misschui according to yhe web , it up to 6 or 8 week. Just be patient as i'm waiting for my wife to be approve too.

misschiu
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 05 Dec 2017

Re: Info on going to JB for my wife

Postby misschiu » Wed, 06 Dec 2017 10:21 pm

Chaorenz wrote:Hi thank you for all your reply. I will wait for my Ltvp to be approved then bring her over to Jb.

Misschui according to yhe web , it up to 6 or 8 week. Just be patient as i'm waiting for my wife to be approve too.


Hi thanks for ur reply. My LTVP just approved today! So happy

User avatar
vanessagan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue, 16 Jan 2018

Re: Info on going to JB for my wife

Postby vanessagan » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 10:59 am

Hi,i just want to ask how long is the processing time for long term pass? We just apply online.
We just get married 2 days ago,holding philippine passport.

Chaorenz
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 19 Nov 2017

Re: Info on going to JB for my wife

Postby Chaorenz » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 11:03 am

Hi , your husband is a singaporean?

Did you do a Pre assessment Ltvp?

User avatar
vanessagan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue, 16 Jan 2018

Re: Info on going to JB for my wife

Postby vanessagan » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 3:38 pm

Hi, my husband is Singaporean, we did not apply for Pre assessment ltvp, Yesterday we went to Ica to apply for an extension, and they gave me 30days, The officer informs us to apply for long term pass online today,

Chaorenz
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 19 Nov 2017

Re: Info on going to JB for my wife

Postby Chaorenz » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 3:43 pm

vanessagan wrote:Hi, my husband is Singaporean, we did not apply for Pre assessment ltvp, Yesterday we went to Ica to apply for an extension, and they gave me 30days, The officer informs us to apply for long term pass online today,


Hi, your waiting time might be longer.

My wife also a phillppines .

We did the pre Ltvp , and after we got marry , we apply the ltvp straight.

Total time taken for her ltvp to approve including those appointment is about 1 month.

Always prepare extra photocopy of your document.

Good luck on your appointment .

User avatar
vanessagan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue, 16 Jan 2018

Re: Info on going to JB for my wife

Postby vanessagan » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 3:46 pm

Hi thanks for the reply,what is the status of your application?Did you get the Long term pass already?

Chaorenz
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun, 19 Nov 2017

Re: Info on going to JB for my wife

Postby Chaorenz » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 3:50 pm

vanessagan wrote:Hi thanks for the reply,what is the status of your application?Did you get the Long term pass already?


Hi, yes. Total time taken for my wife took about 1 month. She waiting for her letter of consent to start working.
If you didnt do the Pre Ltvp , it might be slightly longer.

User avatar
vanessagan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue, 16 Jan 2018

Re: Info on going to JB for my wife

Postby vanessagan » Wed, 17 Jan 2018 3:58 pm

Chaorenz wrote:
vanessagan wrote:Hi thanks for the reply,what is the status of your application?Did you get the Long term pass already?


Hi, yes. Total time taken for my wife took about 1 month. She waiting for her letter of consent to start working.
If you didnt do the Pre Ltvp , it might be slightly longer.


Do we need to submit some documents after our application online? but when we apply for long term pass online while ago, we agree to another extension, for what we understand is, are we going to apply for extension again, but when we check our application says that long term pass and extension for a social visit receiving attention,. Do you think it will affect our long term application?
sorry if i ask alot


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests