Singapore Expats Forum

Advice on getting LTVP from UK

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 15 Aug 2017

Advice on getting LTVP from UK

Postby Laura.Williams » Tue, 21 Nov 2017 7:32 pm

Hi there,

I wanted some advice on how to apply for a LTVP when coming from the UK. The issue i'm facing is that Britain doesn't recognise common-law-spouse and that seems to be a key requirement for getting a LTVP approved.

My partner is currently working here with an EP and was wondering if anyone else from the UK has faced this issue and managed to get one? Is there anything else we could use instead? I just don't want to apply without and it get rejected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!


User avatar
Posts: 35496
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!

Re: Advice on getting LTVP from UK

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Nov 2017 10:22 pm

The surefire way to not have any problems is to get married. :roll:

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Posts: 11347
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot

Re: Advice on getting LTVP from UK

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 21 Nov 2017 11:36 pm

There are multiple threads in these forums where it has been noted that the High Commission in Singapore will not issue any letter attesting to common law marriage. Without such attestation, tha gahmen will not issue any residence permits that are based on marriage or common law marriage.

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests