Singapore Expats Forum

PR Approval Chances - Malaysian Chinese

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

samuraibeefburger
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon, 20 Nov 2017

PR Approval Chances - Malaysian Chinese

Postby samuraibeefburger » Mon, 20 Nov 2017 12:03 pm

Hi all,
I will be submitting my PR application in about a week's time and I'm curious about my chances here. Some details:

- Profile: Malaysian Chinese
- Gender: Female
- Age: 30
- Salary: $4,000 <
- Education: A top Australian uni
- Duration of stay: About 15 months

Would be very grateful if you can share your experiences with me as well! :)
Last edited by samuraibeefburger on Thu, 14 Dec 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2295
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: PR Approval Chances - Malaysian Chinese

Postby Barnsley » Tue, 21 Nov 2017 3:15 pm

samuraibeefburger wrote:Hi all,
I will be submitting my PR application in about a week's time and I'm curious about my chances here. Some details:

- Profile: Malaysian Chinese
- Gender: Female
- Age: 30
- Salary: $4,000 <
- Education: A top Australian uni
- Duration of stay: About 15 months

Would be very grateful if you can share your experiences with me as well! :)


If not this time , how many tax returns have you made?

Then its close on a guarantee you will get in the future , in the event of rejection you may well get told the time frame with which you can re-apply and get a positive outcome.

:D
Life is short, paddle harder!!

samuraibeefburger
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon, 20 Nov 2017

Re: PR Approval Chances - Malaysian Chinese

Postby samuraibeefburger » Tue, 21 Nov 2017 3:26 pm

Well, I've only filed for taxes once ever since I started working here. 8-[

Do you reckon a letter of recommendation from my employer would help?

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2295
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: PR Approval Chances - Malaysian Chinese

Postby Barnsley » Tue, 21 Nov 2017 3:29 pm

samuraibeefburger wrote:Well, I've only filed for taxes once ever since I started working here. 8-[

Do you reckon a letter of recommendation from my employer would help?


Maybe , maybe not , but the website states 3 returns I think, so they may well tell you to come back once you have completed the minimum requirement.

That's not to say you wont get approved this time , but its just something to bear in mind should you get rejected.

Whats the hurry anyways?

Patience is a virtue!!!
Life is short, paddle harder!!

samuraibeefburger
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon, 20 Nov 2017

Re: PR Approval Chances - Malaysian Chinese

Postby samuraibeefburger » Tue, 21 Nov 2017 3:58 pm

Well...just gotta keep my fingers crossed, then. Thanks for sharing. =)

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2295
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Re: PR Approval Chances - Malaysian Chinese

Postby Barnsley » Tue, 21 Nov 2017 4:17 pm

samuraibeefburger wrote:The plan is to buy HDB with my boyfriend (who is born and raised here) if I am able to get PR status. Well...just gotta keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for sharing. =)


Dont know how it works for the 3 year wait for PR to buy a place if the partner is a Singapore Citizen.

Probably need to check on that.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

eagle123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 24 Nov 2017

Re: PR Approval Chances

Postby eagle123 » Mon, 27 Nov 2017 10:54 am

Hello Guys,

I have been following this forum for two years ..but this is my first post ..

This is My Fourth Application.
first Time -2006 Under 21 age Category(father is born singaporean. applied mother and me.reject after 1 year.Reason Said Low Income Of Father Salary.LTVP also Reject..
second time-dec 2014(Reject with in 4 month)
third time - march 2016 (Reject within 3 monthh)
Appeal-july 2016(local Mp Also Reject)
fourth time-sep 2017(pending)

So here is my profile :

Nationality: Indian
Profession:Senior Engineer
Industry: Manufacturing (Aerospace)
time in Singapore: Since March 2014(3 NOA)
Yearly Income: 54k
Age: 26
Marital Status: Single
Education:Engineering

What are the chances of approval.
Thank you very much in advance for your feedbacks :)
Last edited by eagle123 on Mon, 27 Nov 2017 4:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

melvinlow85
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 27 Nov 2017

Re: PR Approval Chances - Malaysian Chinese

Postby melvinlow85 » Mon, 27 Nov 2017 11:26 am

i thought father SGC son auto PR and need to do NS?it is not so?unless you skip NS than you cant be PR or SG unless u serve back than they will approve you....

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35234
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR Approval Chances - Malaysian Chinese

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 27 Nov 2017 1:17 pm

Not so Melvinlow85. Son and mother apparently living in India as they couldn't even get LTVP (Father's salary too low). I'm willing to bet that son was born in India and never went to school here nor did the father apply for citizenship for the child which could have sorted out all the problems unless child born in India and applied for Indian Citizenship first. I'm assuming that he lived in India from 2006 to 2014.

eagle123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 24 Nov 2017

Re: PR Approval Chances - Malaysian Chinese

Postby eagle123 » Mon, 27 Nov 2017 1:26 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Not so Melvinlow85. Son and mother apparently living in India as they couldn't even get LTVP (Father's salary too low). I'm willing to bet that son was born in India and never went to school here nor did the father apply for citizenship for the child which could have sorted out all the problems unless child born in India and applied for Indian Citizenship first. I'm assuming that he lived in India from 2006 to 2014.

Yes,Correct...

melvinlow85
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 27 Nov 2017

Re: PR Approval Chances - Malaysian Chinese

Postby melvinlow85 » Mon, 27 Nov 2017 1:30 pm

That i can only say it is the father fault not letting her wife give birth in singapore which will resolve quite alot of problem....Now even ypu earn alot with your dad being a SGC and you didnt serve NS applying to be PR chance is not good plus you are holding indian citizenship and never study in sg before...


2017 is 26 yr old mean u born in 1991 and first apply is when you are 15 year old of course get reject when he should have inform sg gohment when you are born and apply at that time i think during 90 is quite easy to got pr

eagle123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 24 Nov 2017

Re: PR Approval Chances - Malaysian Chinese

Postby eagle123 » Mon, 27 Nov 2017 2:04 pm

melvinlow85 wrote:That i can only say it is the father fault not letting her wife give birth in singapore which will resolve quite alot of problem....Now even ypu earn alot with your dad being a SGC and you didnt serve NS applying to be PR chance is not good plus you are holding indian citizenship and never study in sg before...


2017 is 26 yr old mean u born in 1991 and first apply is when you are 15 year old of course get reject when he should have inform sg gohment when you are born and apply at that time i think during 90 is quite easy to got pr

Thanks for ur Reply,
S Never Apply,Main reason Father Income,He Think Cannot Run Family That time.
Now I Applied PR Under PTS Scheme.
One more Question?
ICA know 15 years before my Previous Application in their Database???

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35234
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR Approval Chances - Malaysian Chinese

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 27 Nov 2017 2:41 pm

ICA never throws anything away. That is why if you worked here 30 years ago on a WP and you come back today with a PhD and a high flyer, when you apply you will have exactly the same FIN number. They don't forget anything. They have a very long, long memory, that's how they keep catching NS defaulters. Simple things like yeah the guy changed citizenship and passports but it shows that the parents were Singapore citizens and he was born on such & such a date and is of such and such ethnic group. How hard is it to pop those number in to a database query (which now includes ALL the main databases in Singapore, MOM, ICA, IRAS, MINDEF, MOH Births & Deaths records. and Boom how many guys do you reckon were born on that particular date of that particular race who are not listed as deceased and have not reported for NS duties. Easy-Peazy.

melvinlow85
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 27 Nov 2017

Re: PR Approval Chances - Malaysian Chinese

Postby melvinlow85 » Mon, 27 Nov 2017 2:47 pm

eagle123 wrote:
melvinlow85 wrote:That i can only say it is the father fault not letting her wife give birth in singapore which will resolve quite alot of problem....Now even ypu earn alot with your dad being a SGC and you didnt serve NS applying to be PR chance is not good plus you are holding indian citizenship and never study in sg before...


2017 is 26 yr old mean u born in 1991 and first apply is when you are 15 year old of course get reject when he should have inform sg gohment when you are born and apply at that time i think during 90 is quite easy to got pr

Thanks for ur Reply,
S Never Apply,Main reason Father Income,He Think Cannot Run Family That time.
Now I Applied PR Under PTS Scheme.
One more Question?
ICA know 15 years before my Previous Application in their Database???
Apply doesnt mean you have to stay in sg and your dad is SGC....when you apply under PTS did you never input your family detail.......They might see u as NS defaulter which mean your chance is super low unless u tell them giv me pr i do ns for you.......

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35234
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR Approval Chances - Malaysian Chinese

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 27 Nov 2017 3:21 pm

Melvinlow85, please do not give out misleading information on this site. We do not try to mislead our readers.

When applying for PR under the PTS Scheme, if approved, he will not be required to do NS. PTS stands for Professional/Technical Scheme, therefore family does not enter into it and he would not be required to do NS, however, if he had a son who became a PR then the son would inherit the obligation. He cannot apply for PR under Family Ties as he is over the age of majority and has to qualify in his own right. Add to that, the Government isn't too fond of giving PR to Indian Nationals at the moment anyway, so they are not about to bend the rules in an instance like this. We still don not know the mother's status here or if she is still in India.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests