Singapore Expats Forum

Can DP holder travel on tourist visa?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kjose88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 17 Nov 2017

Can DP holder travel on tourist visa?

Postby kjose88 » Fri, 17 Nov 2017 11:17 pm

Hi All,

I've been offered a job in Singapore and I'd be travelling in Jan 2018. I've got an EP and my spouse has got DP (IPA approved for both) and we would be travelling on these IPAs and register for physical card collection during this first visit. However, MOM takes 4-5 days to dispatch physical cards and my wife would probably return back without collecting physical card as she has other commitments. I know that I can collect card on her behalf but would she be able to travel back to Singapore on tourist visa next time to collect physical card (in case I don't gent chance to travel to my home country and hand it over to her)? Fortunately, she applied for a tourist visa before getting DP and her visa is valid for an year (I hope tourist visa remains valid even after getting DP).

TIA

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Can DP holder travel on tourist visa?

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 18 Nov 2017 9:05 am

kjose88 wrote:Hi All,

I've been offered a job in Singapore and I'd be travelling in Jan 2018. I've got an EP and my spouse has got DP (IPA approved for both) and we would be travelling on these IPAs and register for physical card collection during this first visit. However, MOM takes 4-5 days to dispatch physical cards and my wife would probably return back without collecting physical card as she has other commitments. I know that I can collect card on her behalf but would she be able to travel back to Singapore on tourist visa next time to collect physical card (in case I don't gent chance to travel to my home country and hand it over to her)? Fortunately, she applied for a tourist visa before getting DP and her visa is valid for an year (I hope tourist visa remains valid even after getting DP).

TIA


What passport do you hold ?

The tourist visa Won't be cancelled per se.

So I foresee no issues.

kjose88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 17 Nov 2017

Re: Can DP holder travel on tourist visa?

Postby kjose88 » Sat, 18 Nov 2017 3:52 pm

ecureilx wrote:
kjose88 wrote:Hi All,

I've been offered a job in Singapore and I'd be travelling in Jan 2018. I've got an EP and my spouse has got DP (IPA approved for both) and we would be travelling on these IPAs and register for physical card collection during this first visit. However, MOM takes 4-5 days to dispatch physical cards and my wife would probably return back without collecting physical card as she has other commitments. I know that I can collect card on her behalf but would she be able to travel back to Singapore on tourist visa next time to collect physical card (in case I don't gent chance to travel to my home country and hand it over to her)? Fortunately, she applied for a tourist visa before getting DP and her visa is valid for an year (I hope tourist visa remains valid even after getting DP).

TIA


What passport do you hold ?

The tourist visa Won't be cancelled per se.

So I foresee no issues.


Thanks ecureilx!

I hold Indian passport. Just curious, does that really matter?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Can DP holder travel on tourist visa?

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 18 Nov 2017 6:48 pm

kjose88 wrote:
Thanks ecureilx!

I hold Indian passport. Just curious, does that really matter?


not much.. but to repeat, don't fret much.

I was bit curious about the Multiple entry visa.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests