Singapore Expats

Moving to Thailand

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Jothr

Moving to Thailand

Post by Jothr » Thu, 16 Nov 2017 6:14 pm

Hi,
me and my family plan to move from Singapore to Thailand. We are looking for a moving service that could properly pack our personal effects. It is hard to find some good information on google;

If someone as some experience; I will appreciate to have some feedback;

Thank you in advance

BillMc

Re: Moving to Thailand

Post by BillMc » Fri, 17 Nov 2017 11:50 am

Hello Jothr !
I'm aware some moving can be difficult ](*,)
I was transferred by my Singapore company to Bangkok. It was a big company so they advised me in my approach and recommended me a company. If you are working in a big company they may be have partnership with an international mover company.
Otherwise, do not hesitate to ask me all your questions. :)
Good luck in your process :)

Jothr

Post by Jothr » Mon, 20 Nov 2017 1:16 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, I am not working in a big company, they don't seem to be able to help me. It is the first time for them that someone comes from Singapore. I will appreciate your help,

Thank you!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 20 Nov 2017 1:39 pm

I've used Alliance Movers when I moved out of Singapore. The Singapore team (I suspect they are all Malaysians) is very efficient, careful and polite. Unfortunately I've only used a company in SG once so I do not have experience with other companies to compare. But I can tell you 2 things for sure: (1) Definitely better than some companies I see in Europe, and (2) Alliance is on above average price line, so if you are tight on budget, it may be a no-go. Hope it helps.

BillMc

Post by BillMc » Tue, 21 Nov 2017 1:54 pm

Hi John!

My company had recommended http://siam-relocation.com/. It works relatively often with this company and it has always been good! If you have other questions, do not hesitate !

Good luck :D