Singapore Expats Forum

Arrested in Singapore for swearing at police officers

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Arrested in Singapore for swearing at police officers

Post by bgd » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 11:09 am

I can believe it, alcohol and stupidity often go hand in hand. Being a slow learner also doesn't help.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 11:16 am

bgd wrote:I can believe it, alcohol and stupidity often go hand in hand. Being a slow learner also doesn't help.
A friend of mine, who ultimately drank himself to death, wore a baseball cap that said, "Instant Asshole - Just Add Alcohol." And that hat was completely accurate.

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 9:44 pm

I assume OP (Jay) is either still in Changi without internet or back home feeling pretty sorry for himself. It's a lesson for us all to learn.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

JayGmoney

Post by JayGmoney » Tue, 30 Jul 2019 7:30 am

Hello all!

My appologies for such a late reply, i think its been over a year since the last post here!

But here's an update on the outcome of the case.

On January 28th 2019, I pleaded guilty in court for the two charges of 1 - Verbal abuse (criminal force) and 2 - Spitting at the police (criminal force).

While i tried everything I could to prove it was not intentional, i just could not win that case and after spending over one year and a load of money , I just plead guilty.

I was sentenced to 5 weeks in Jail.

I served 25 days and was set free on February 21st, and it was a new beginning for me.

I was then deported back to London and I think i am banned from Singapore unless I apply to ICA in writing, whcih I most likley have no plans to ever visit there again.

Thanks for all the support and if you have any questions about my experience In jail feel free to ask.

Cheers

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 30 Jul 2019 10:20 am

Thank you for coming back and sharing this with us. If there is any lesson here, it's probably that when it comes to offenses against police, the leniency policy is close to zero. And you can trace this back historically when Lee Kuan Yew started to clean up an out of control Singapore... tongs, gangs, crime, protection rackets... he tolerated no retribution against the police he sent in to clean up the mess.

I am sorry to hear of your outcome; a fairly stiff penalty. I would most like to hear about your experience in jail.

Thank you.

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 30 Jul 2019 2:14 pm

Jay - we really appreciate feedback like this. This forum is not facebook and it's not reddit where exaggeration and lawfulness are cheered on - it's about as close to the truth as it can be and this is really strong information and a good warning to others. I too would like to hear about Changi and I certainly wish you all the best in your life ahead. A new start indeed.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 12 Aug 2019 12:20 pm

you should seek a lawyer which is an ex-cop in the police force like a superintendent. I used to have one but for the life of me I can remember his name right now. It will definitely cushion the sentences meted out considerably if you get my drift
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!