Singapore Expats

Virtual Office in Singapore - Any Recommendation?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
sgboat

Virtual Office in Singapore - Any Recommendation?

Post by sgboat » Mon, 06 Nov 2017 5:55 pm

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a virtual office in Singapore to start my online business.
I am thinking to include call answering service using a dedicated local phone number if possible.
Any good and cheap recommendation would be appreciated.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Virtual Office in Singapore - Any Recommendation?

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 06 Nov 2017 6:42 pm

sgboat wrote:Hi Guys,

I am thinking to include call answering service using a dedicated local phone number if possible.
Google will give you loads of choices.

Not sure if any are advertising here

sgboat

Post by sgboat » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 5:52 pm

ecureilx wrote:
sgboat wrote:Hi Guys,

Google will give you loads of choices.

Not sure if any are advertising here
Ok sure thanks

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 10:32 pm

Sounds like you want an answering service and not a virtual office. A full virtual office includes:
  1. The answering service - when your number rings, the assistant sees your company info appear on a computer screen, including what to say to callers.
  2. A physical address for the delivery of mail and if desired, as your registered business address with ACRA.
  3. An ability to rent offices and meeting rooms short term so it looks like you have a real presence.

If you're going to be all online, then an answering service is what you want. Use your home address for mail and registered address.

If you're really looking for the serviced office route, then you can get everything from a cheap cheap service, located on the second floor of fish ball soup shop to much more expensive offerings like this: http://www.servcorp.com.sg/en/serviced-offices/

sgboat

Post by sgboat » Thu, 09 Nov 2017 12:14 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Sounds like you want an answering service and not a virtual office. A full virtual office includes:
  1. The answering service - when your number rings, the assistant sees your company info appear on a computer screen, including what to say to callers.
  2. A physical address for the delivery of mail and if desired, as your registered business address with ACRA.
  3. An ability to rent offices and meeting rooms short term so it looks like you have a real presence.

If you're going to be all online, then an answering service is what you want. Use your home address for mail and registered address.

If you're really looking for the serviced office route, then you can get everything from a cheap cheap service, located on the second floor of fish ball soup shop to much more expensive offerings like this: http://www.servcorp.com.sg/en/serviced-offices/
Thanks for your detail information!
It is really helpful.

Seems like I am more inclined to answering service and using the address as registered business address.... not so much for serviced office route. Any good recommendation?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 09 Nov 2017 9:24 pm

I have no particular recommendations but would suggest that you look for call centers in Manila and possibly in the tech corridor in KL. I am assuming that you will be generating enough product sales such that you expect to have at least a few calls per day about your product.

These call center firms specialize in product support for your customers. They handle things like returns and warranty registration and claims, as well as answering questions about the products. Once you choose a firm, you'll need to setup a knowledge base. Handling returns, website issues, and warranty items is pretty straightforward. Getting a "how to" database setup is more complicated. Typically, during the implementation of a new client, the client's products are often demo'ed to the staff so that they can see how they work, what the features are, etc.

In addition to phone calls, these call centers also handle the chat boxes that you see on many websites.

The other end of this is simply having someone answering the phone in Singapore and passing messages onto you for followup. What you choose depends upon the call volume you expect, and the services you intend to provide over the phone or computer.

sgboat

Post by sgboat » Sun, 12 Nov 2017 12:36 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:I have no particular recommendations but would suggest that you look for call centers in Manila and possibly in the tech corridor in KL. I am assuming that you will be generating enough product sales such that you expect to have at least a few calls per day about your product.

These call center firms specialize in product support for your customers. They handle things like returns and warranty registration and claims, as well as answering questions about the products. Once you choose a firm, you'll need to setup a knowledge base. Handling returns, website issues, and warranty items is pretty straightforward. Getting a "how to" database setup is more complicated. Typically, during the implementation of a new client, the client's products are often demo'ed to the staff so that they can see how they work, what the features are, etc.

In addition to phone calls, these call centers also handle the chat boxes that you see on many websites.

The other end of this is simply having someone answering the phone in Singapore and passing messages onto you for followup. What you choose depends upon the call volume you expect, and the services you intend to provide over the phone or computer.
Thanks for sharing!

Tigerlily_Orchid

Post by Tigerlily_Orchid » Thu, 16 Nov 2017 6:11 pm

There are a few companies that provide the service (i.e. provide a physical business address, collect mail, etc.) you mentioned. Answering calls would usually be an add-on service.

You may want to look at shared workspaces.

There's WorkCentral (I don't work for them) and they offer a virtual office (address, mail receipt, phone call). I only found out about them because we were looking for a venue for an event and they gave us a copy of their meeting room costs and other services.

There are also the Accounting Firms that provide the service though their fees may be higher.

sgboat

Post by sgboat » Thu, 16 Nov 2017 6:13 pm

Tigerlily_Orchid wrote:There are a few companies that provide the service (i.e. provide a physical business address, collect mail, etc.) you mentioned. Answering calls would usually be an add-on service.

You may want to look at shared workspaces.

There's WorkCentral (I don't work for them) and they offer a virtual office (address, mail receipt, phone call). I only found out about them because we were looking for a venue for an event and they gave us a copy of their meeting room costs and other services.

There are also the Accounting Firms that provide the service though their fees may be higher.
Ok sure. I will check them out. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helix3363

Post by helix3363 » Thu, 20 Oct 2022 8:26 pm

My sugestion is you get a phone number at S$10 per month from TPG(https://simba.sg/home) , and get a virtual office address at S$50 per year from https://vofficesingapore.com/, and get a WhatsApp business acccount athttps://business.whatsapp.com/products/business-app free of charge, and setup your facebook page.

Start with https://shopee.sg/ for physical products, or shopify(https://www.shopify.com/sg/pricing) for virtual products. That's it!