Singapore Expats

Accredited degree and college in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Jnkrzlr1225

Accredited degree and college in Singapore

Post by Jnkrzlr1225 » Sat, 04 Nov 2017 9:55 am

Hi guys! I just want to ask if you know where can I check the list of accredited degrees, colleges and universities in Singapore. Because just last month my S pass got rejected with remarks on my credentials/qualification and the declared occupation as a veterinaty technician didnt match with my degree as a medical technologist. But they have an employee there also witj the same degree as I have working as a vet technician. So probably it's about my degree and college not being accredited in Singapore. The MOM didn't further specify what problem they found on my credentials/qualifications. So Im trying to check if my degree and college is accredited so that next year if ever I'll come back i would know already. So that i wont waste money and time again going there knowing that mt degree and college isn't accredited in Singapore. Thank you in advance for the people who will respond to this. :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Accredited degree and college in Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 04 Nov 2017 11:13 am

Jnkrzlr1225 wrote:Hi guys! I just want to ask if you know where can I check the list of accredited degrees, colleges and universities in Singapore. Because just last month my S pass got rejected with remarks on my credentials/qualification and the declared occupation as a veterinaty technician didnt match with my degree as a medical technologist. But they have an employee there also witj the same degree as I have working as a vet technician. So probably it's about my degree and college not being accredited in Singapore. The MOM didn't further specify what problem they found on my credentials/qualifications. So Im trying to check if my degree and college is accredited so that next year if ever I'll come back i would know already. So that i wont waste money and time again going there knowing that mt degree and college isn't accredited in Singapore. Thank you in advance for the people who will respond to this. :)
Only medical accredited degrees are published, from what I know

Rest depends on how cooperative the institute is, when asked to verify, and how many fakes exist.

SarahMW

Post by SarahMW » Sat, 04 Nov 2017 11:59 am

Many countries are open about which academic institutions and courses are recognised so you may want to check whether yours is on their lists. If not, then its probably not on Singapore's list either.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 05 Nov 2017 12:30 am

SarahMW wrote:Many countries are open about which academic institutions and courses are recognised so you may want to check whether yours is on their lists. If not, then its probably not on Singapore's list either.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Over the last few years, Singapore has learnt to mistrust a lot overseas degrees

No comments

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Nov 2017 4:49 pm

I am not sure what OP stands to gain by starting two threads with the same questions. What might happen is the one of the threads get trashed for cluttering up the board. It appears that OP didn't like what he read on the 1st thread so thought he'd try again. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Nov 2017 4:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I am not sure what OP stands to gain by starting two threads with the same questions. What might happen is the one of the threads get trashed for cluttering up the board. It appears that OP didn't like what he read on the 1st thread so thought he'd try again. :roll:
NB: I thought is was only Sub-Continentals who pulled that stuff. Looks like I'm wrong this time. This one is from the 'peens. Squirrel, have a ball.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers