Singapore Expats

Chances of getting Singapore Citizenship

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Hello1107

Chances of getting Singapore Citizenship

Post by Hello1107 » Fri, 03 Nov 2017 6:23 am

Good morning all,

I had recently applied for Singapore Citizenship through my Singpass Account, and am scheduled for the Document Submission on end April 2018. I would like to enquire on the chances for getting this citizenship.

Portfolio:
> Female Indian, 25 years old, who came to Singapore at the age of 2 (1994), and received my SPR in 1996 (renewed till now).

> Parents are both SPR since 1996, but my brother converted to Singapore Citizenship after NS.

> Bachelors Degree in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at NTU, graduated in 2015.

> Had applied in 2015 before, upon graduation from NTU, but they had asked me to come again once I have at least a year of work experience.

> Worked for 6 months for SGD $2000/mth as a temporary assistant after graduation, and worked for a year contract as executive at a Govt Sector for SGD 40000 per annum. (When I applied for Citizenship, was still working at the govt sector, but in April 2018, the 1 year contract would have ended)

> Will be starting my full-time Masters in SMU on Jan 2018 till Dec 2018.

> In a relationship for 6 years with a Singaporean, and planning to get engaged/married in 2019.

The main reason for my application is because I consider Singapore as my home. I was practically brought up here, and have always been around Singaporean friends. Since I am already confident that I will be living here for my life ahead, I was hoping to get the citizenship before marriage, since it might ease up on the loans/finance (We're both recent graduates, so we don't have much savings).

Any idea if the chances would be high enough? And many thanks for reading through the post, even though it might be too long. :D

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: Chances of getting Singapore Citizenship

Post by bro75 » Fri, 03 Nov 2017 8:55 am

I think you have a decent chance.
If not now, for sure, after getting married.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Chances of getting Singapore Citizenship

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 03 Nov 2017 11:27 am

Hello1107 wrote:Good morning all,

I had recently applied for Singapore Citizenship through my Singpass Account, and am scheduled for the Document Submission on end April 2018. I would like to enquire on the chances for getting this citizenship.

Portfolio:
> Female Indian, 25 years old, who came to Singapore at the age of 2 (1994), and received my SPR in 1996 (renewed till now).

> Parents are both SPR since 1996, but my brother converted to Singapore Citizenship after NS.

> Bachelors Degree in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at NTU, graduated in 2015.

> Had applied in 2015 before, upon graduation from NTU, but they had asked me to come again once I have at least a year of work experience.

> Worked for 6 months for SGD $2000/mth as a temporary assistant after graduation, and worked for a year contract as executive at a Govt Sector for SGD 40000 per annum. (When I applied for Citizenship, was still working at the govt sector, but in April 2018, the 1 year contract would have ended)

> Will be starting my full-time Masters in SMU on Jan 2018 till Dec 2018.

> In a relationship for 6 years with a Singaporean, and planning to get engaged/married in 2019.

The main reason for my application is because I consider Singapore as my home. I was practically brought up here, and have always been around Singaporean friends. Since I am already confident that I will be living here for my life ahead, I was hoping to get the citizenship before marriage, since it might ease up on the loans/finance (We're both recent graduates, so we don't have much savings).

Any idea if the chances would be high enough? And many thanks for reading through the post, even though it might be too long. :D
You have good chance

BTW being in relationship is not taken into consideration by ICA.

Married - YES