Singapore Expats

No more ICA PR Appointments from 18 NOV 2017

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

No more ICA PR Appointments from 18 NOV 2017

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Nov 2017 1:31 pm

Read it and weep.....All slots fully booked up to 18 November as well. Going to all online submissions.

https://www.ica.gov.sg
Introduction Of Electronic-Permanent Residence System
The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) will introduce an electronic-Permanent Residence (e-PR) system for PR applications on 18 December 2017.

Introduction of e-PR system

2. Currently, PR applicants must make an appointment with ICA to submit their PR application documents. With the new e-PR system, applicants can key in the required information into an electronic application form on ICA’s website. Supporting documents can also be scanned and submitted electronically. With this new e-service, applicants will no longer need to make an appointment to submit their PR applications.

Adjustment of fees for PR Applications

3. Today, PR applicants are not charged a processing fee, but successful applicants will pay $100 for an Entry Permit.

4. ICA will revise the PR application fees, to charge a processing fee of $100 per applicant at the point of submission of PR application. Successful applicants will also pay a $20 fee for the Entry Permit. The total fees payable for each successful PR applicant is therefore $120. The new fees will be applicable for all PR applications submitted from 18 December 2017 onwards.

No more e-appointment slots

5. ICA will only accept PR applications through the e-PR system and will no longer release any e-appointment slots from 18 December 2017 onwards.

6. All available appointment slots before 18 December 2017 have earlier been released for booking. ICA will not release any additional slots. Those who have already secured appointment slots are not affected and can continue to submit their hardcopy applications during their appointments with ICA. They will also not be affected by the new fee structure.

How to submit PR applications online

7. PR applicants can submit their applications online from 18 December 2017, 8am. For more details on how to submit PR applications using the e-PR system, please refer to the infographic at Annex A. Members of the public can also refer to the Frequently-Asked-Questions on ICA’s website for more information on the e-PR system and processing fee.

IMMIGRATION & CHECKPOINTS AUTHORITY
2 November 2017
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: No more ICA PR Appointments from 18 NOV 2017

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 02 Nov 2017 1:51 pm

$100 per applicant!!

Solid revenue raiser.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

imroot

Post by imroot » Tue, 07 Nov 2017 10:17 am

6. All available appointment slots before 18 December 2017 have earlier been released for booking. ICA will not release any additional slots.

Being selfish here.. but does that by any chance mean more slots for citizenship applications after 18th Dec? :P
The earliest date I got is in May next year.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 07 Nov 2017 10:35 am

imroot wrote:6. All available appointment slots before 18 December 2017 have earlier been released for booking. ICA will not release any additional slots.

Being selfish here.. but does that by any chance mean more slots for citizenship applications after 18th Dec? Image
The earliest date I got is in May next year.
Maybe that too is going fully online ? :)

how will PR slots impact SC slots ?

Same ICA bit different metrics, quota..

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Mon, 15 Jan 2018 5:40 pm

how will this impact approval rates of the current and future batches of applicants?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Jan 2018 6:10 pm

The are slowly but effectively reducing the numbers of PR being given out and also the conversion from PR to SGC is being cut back accordingly. And to that, the metrics used for the quotas will be in line with either the current demographic percentages or the anticipated percentages that they are aiming for.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

lambemusuwek

Post by lambemusuwek » Fri, 01 Jun 2018 8:44 am

samuraibeefburger wrote:how will this impact approval rates of the current and future batches of applicants?
I suppose no impact, no need to wait and queue physically, but I assume you can expect longer processing time. This is due to the limited number of application that can be processed in a month and increasing demand from time to time.