Singapore Expats

Please read...need an urgent help about work issue...

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
jhunmissionc

Please read...need an urgent help about work issue...

Post by jhunmissionc » Wed, 25 Oct 2017 7:03 pm

My wife has been hired thru agency. An agent was actually a filipina na employed din sa agency na yon. The agency collected $3500 from her. Due to some reason na gusto namin magsama dto sa SG, nangutang kami para makapagbayad kami sa agent fee na $3500. To make the story short, she started her work in the company. She was asked to sign the contract stating that her salary is $2400/month but in actual she is receiving only $1500. As an admin staff, she was also asked to sign as witness for some workers contract...(same style...sahod this much but company is giving below the salary mentioned in the contract). Exactly 3 months later, she got pregnant. She informed her boss about the situation of her pregnancy. Just days after she informed her boss, she was called by her HR and her boss that due to her poor work performance, she will be dismissed from her job. We were surprised about the decision made by her employer. My wife tried to negotiate that if possible she can stay with the company until January. Her employer agreed but her salary was lowered down to $1100. She tried to negotiate to remove Saturday since she will be receiving $1100 only. The employer agreed but my wife gone true crying in front of them before her boss agreed to remove Sat and salary is only $1100.

My questions are:
1. Can we file a complaint for unfair dismissal due to her pregnancy issue? Or the company will just say that due to her poor performance, the company won't need her anymore?
2. About the contract that she signed and as a witness to some contract, would that affect her if let's say she will complain to MOM about unfair dismissal?
3. If MOM will investigate, would that affect her future job application here in SG?

Appreciate your advice about this matter. I don't want that this will affect my wife pregnancy especially at this very early stage.
Share on Facebook
Last edited by jhunmissionc on Thu, 26 Oct 2017 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Please read...need an urgent help about work issue...

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 25 Oct 2017 8:08 pm

jhunmissionc wrote:My wife has been hired thru agency. An agent was actually a filipina na employed din sa agency na yon. The agency collected $3500 from her. Due to some reason na gusto namin magsama dto sa SG, nangutang kami para makapagbayad kami sa agent fee na $3500. To make the story short, she started her work in the company. She was asked to sign the contract stating that her salary is $2400/month but in actual she is receiving only $1500. As an admin staff, she was also asked to sign as witness for some workers contract...(same style...sahod this much but company is giving below the salary mentioned in the contract). Exactly 3 months later, she got pregnant. She informed her boss about the situation of her pregnancy. Just days after she informed her boss, she was called by her HR and her boss that due to her poor work performance, she will be dismissed from her job. We were surprised about the decision made by her employer. My wife tried to negotiate that if possible she can stay with the company until January. Her employer agreed but her salary was lowered down to $1100. She tried to negotiate to remove Saturday since she will be receiving $1100 only. The employer agreed but my wife gone true crying in front of them before her boss agreed to remove Sat and salary is only $1100.

My questions are:
1. Can we file a complaint for unfair dismissal due to her pregnancy issue? Or the company will just say that due to her poor performance, the company won't need her anymore?
2. About the contract that she signed and as a witness to some contract, would that affect her if let's say she will complain to MOM about unfair dismissal?
3. If MOM will investigate, would that affect her future job application here in SG?

Appreciate your advice about this matter. I don't want that this will affect my wife pregnancy especially at this very early stage.
Share on Facebook
Filipino taking advantage of Filipino

And Filipino agreeing to work on terrible terms

Not new

1) you lose, most likely, if the employer was smart

2) yes

3) yes. As she is party to the lower pay scam having signed on earlier.

So have you paid the agency fee of 3500 ?

PS, avoid non English words. Tagalog it's not an official language in Singapore..

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 25 Oct 2017 11:07 pm

What kind of a work pass was she given?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 26 Oct 2017 8:03 am

Strong Eagle wrote:What kind of a work pass was she given?
S pass I am convinced

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 26 Oct 2017 9:46 pm

Both the company and your wife have violated the law by lying on the employment form about how much salary is actually being paid.

jhunmissionc

Post by jhunmissionc » Fri, 27 Oct 2017 9:19 pm

Hi moderator or administrator of this page, can you delete my post? Thanks a lot.