Singapore Expats

Canadian, living in California moving Singapore

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Nicole456

Canadian, living in California moving Singapore

Post by Nicole456 » Wed, 25 Oct 2017 12:42 pm

Hello,

My husband has received a job transfer to Singapore (from California), set to move end of November. This will be our second international move in three years, originally from Toronto, Canada. I have reviewed various posts on the forum but a few questions lingering questions:

-most likely we will sell the majority of our furniture as most of it probably won't fit into a condo/apartment; we do have bikes that we wish to bring, is it common to have a storage locker for use with most rentals?

-we are bringing our miniature schnauzer, will there be an extra deposit required for having a dog? more difficult to find accommodations? suggestions on best areas for living with a dog? looking into Nexus school area

-will bring computer, iPad, iPhones with; any recommendations on how to ensure compatibility with voltage, i.e. adaptor vs converter

-we will not be bringing a lot of furniture however, my husbands company is paying for a shipping container so may as well make use of it. Any restrictions on packing food? i.e. peanut butter, Cheerios or recommendations on what to bring that can't be found or more expensive there? OTC Medications?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Nicole