Singapore Expats

What's the average lifespan of a listing to rent?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

What's the average lifespan of a listing to rent?

Post by the lynx » Wed, 25 Oct 2017 5:48 am

Let's say, I am looking for a place to rent. I see a listing of a place that I like. But I am not moving until February or even March. Is it too soon to contact the agent of the listing in November?

On a side note, anything new in the realm of shady agents? New scam etc? Or is it the same ol', same ol' for this old timer? :mrgreen:

Search By

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: What's the average lifespan of a listing to rent?

Post by bgd » Wed, 25 Oct 2017 9:45 am

Moving back? :D

A place I was in, older but comfortable, was on the market for nearly a year before the LL gave up and tried to sell. He was an idiot, would have stayed but he tried to increase the rent in a falling market.

So I would think older properties hang around longer than more recent offerings. I also notice that the 1 beds in my (new) block aren't renting as quickly as the 2 & 3 beds.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 25 Oct 2017 12:48 pm

I'm vacating my current place.. want to move in? the angmoh landlord is really nice
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 25 Oct 2017 2:50 pm

bgd wrote:Moving back? :D

A place I was in, older but comfortable, was on the market for nearly a year before the LL gave up and tried to sell. He was an idiot, would have stayed but he tried to increase the rent in a falling market.

So I would think older properties hang around longer than more recent offerings. I also notice that the 1 beds in my (new) block aren't renting as quickly as the 2 & 3 beds.
Yes. It has been a while. Looking forward to catching up with you folks again.

I sense that this is the case, based on what I see on property sites. Wondering if it is premature to start contacting and viewing places in November, before moving in 3 or 4 months later. Usually from my experience, the turn-around is one month.

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Wed, 25 Oct 2017 2:55 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:I'm vacating my current place.. want to move in? the angmoh landlord is really nice
Your place is not accessible by bus lah. MRT breakdowns recently are way too often to risk it (You've got to admit it, if the news of Singapore MRT issues comes all the way up here in the Netherlands, you know someone in transport ministry should have his head rolling by now)

I still like my old haunt which is Holland Village/Rochester area so will start from there first. When are you moving?

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 26 Oct 2017 2:21 pm

the lynx wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:I'm vacating my current place.. want to move in? the angmoh landlord is really nice
Your place is not accessible by bus lah. MRT breakdowns recently are way too often to risk it (You've got to admit it, if the news of Singapore MRT issues comes all the way up here in the Netherlands, you know someone in transport ministry should have his head rolling by now)

I still like my old haunt which is Holland Village/Rochester area so will start from there first. When are you moving?
I'm moving in November, a few more meters withing touching distance to scoobydoes, he's going to be really pleased about it. :mrgreen:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 26 Oct 2017 4:56 pm

It is the old green line and red line that are screwed up. The new downtown line has now opened up connecting Tampines to downtown. It is awesome. I get to sit both ways and it is smooth.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk