Singapore Expats

Late CPF payment by employer

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
dimaria

Late CPF payment by employer

Post by dimaria » Mon, 23 Oct 2017 9:49 pm

Trúng số luôn khiến cho nhiều người cảm thấy phấn khích, khi biết mình chiến thắng một giải nào đó, có nhiều người sẽ la hét, nhảy nhót, cười không ngừng, hoặc đơn giản đó là thao thức cả đêm trước khi lĩnh phần thưởng.

Ông Donald Spencer đến từ thành phố Staunton, thuộc quận Augusta, tiểu bang Virginia, Hoa Kỳ đã trở thành người may mắn khi trúng giải nhất trong trò chơi Scratcher "$ 500 Mayhem" do Virginia phát hành.

Tham khảo cầu lô mới nhất chuẩn 3 miền hàng ngày tại: https://ok.ru/soicaurongbachkim

Sau khi xác định được mình thực sự đã giành chiến thắng, ông Donald Spencer chia sẻ rằng ông đã không thể ngủ được một chút nào vào đêm trước khi ông đến Trung tâm Dịch vụ Khách hàng Shenandoah Valley của Xổ số Virginia để lãnh giải thưởng.

Trước đó, ông Staunton đã chơi trò chơi Mayhem Scratcher trị giá 500 đô la của Virginia, ông đã mua vé số tại cửa hàng First Choice, 77 đường cao tốc Lee Jackson ở Staunton. Và vé số đó đã mang đến cho ông thắng lợi hàng đầu của trò chơi này với giá trị giải thưởng là 150.000 đô la.

Ông Donald Spencer mất ngủ khi biết mình trúng số

Vào ngày 30 tháng 7 năm 2017, ông Staunton đã đến lĩnh giải thưởng tại trụ sở xổ số của Virginia Lottery, có lẽ đến khi cầm số tiền thưởng trên tay, ông mới thực sự cảm thấy bình tĩnh và có một giấc ngủ ngon bù lại.

Scratcher Mayhem $ 500 (trò chơi # 1749) là một trong hàng chục trò chơi được cung cấp bởi Xổ số Virginia. Nó có các giải thưởng từ 5 đến 150.000 đô la. Ông Spencer là người chiến thắng thứ hai giành được giải nhất trong trò chơi xổ số Soi cầu MB - Soi cầu XSMB miền bắc 24h hôm nay chính xác.

Trò chơi này gồm có 4 giải thưởng 150.000 đô la, tại thời điểm đó vẫn có 2 vé thắng chưa tìm được chủ nhân. Tỷ lệ thắng giải cao nhất trong trò chơi này là 1 trong 1.162.800. Tỷ lệ chiến thắng bất kỳ giải thưởng trong $ 500 Mayhem là 1 trong 4,13.

Ngoài ông Staunton, thì một chiến thắng khác cũng khiến cho nhiều người chú ý, đó là chiến thắng hàng đầu giành được trong trò chơi Cash 5 được một người phụ nữ cũng đến từ thành phố Sandston.

Ebony Long cảm thấy phấn khỏi khi chiến thắng xổ số

Ebony Long chính là người giành được chiến thắng bất ngờ này, cô chia sẻ rằng thực ra cô thường không chơi trò chơi xổ số Cash 5 của Virginia Lottery, chỉ thỉnh thoảng hứng lên thì cô mua vé này thử vận may.

Ngày hôm đó, cô Long đã mau một vé số Cash 5 tại Siêu thị Johns, Đường East Nine Mile 2017 ở Sandston, những con số mà cô chọn đó là 3 – 5 – 12 – 13 – 34. Thật bất ngờ, kết quả xổ số mở thưởng vào tối ngày 11 tháng 7, các con số trong đó hoàn toàn trùng khớp với bộ số mà Long lựa chọn.

Vào ngày hôm sau, khi Long kiểm tran kết quả Bach Thu Lo trên web Virginia Lottery, cô phát hiện ra mình đã giành được giải thưởng hành đầu trị giá 100.000 đô la. Long cảm xúc nói: “Tôi đã rất phấn khởi bởi nó.”

Mặc dù chiến thắng này không nhỏ, tuy nhiên chia sẻ dự định sử dụng tiền thắng giải, Long nói rằng hiện tại cô không có kế hoạch ngay cho chiến thắng này, vì thế sẽ gửi số tiền này vào ngân hàng.

Cash 5 được tổ chức hàng ngày lúc 1:59 đêm và 11:00 pm. Cơ hội giành giải thưởng hàng đầu 100.000 USD là 1 trong 278.256.
Last edited by dimaria on Tue, 14 Nov 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Late CPF payment by employer

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 23 Oct 2017 10:16 pm

dimaria wrote:My other-half had resigned from her job back in June, however the employer has not paid the last CPF contribution (neither the employer, nor the employee portion) into her fund even though it's been deducted from her pay.

Recently she noticed the discrepancy, and when bringing it to their attention was told that they will pay it in during the next cycle (14th of September).

I was wondering what the obligation is by employer - are they required to pay immediately upon being notified or is there a further grace period they can dilly-dally?

The GM of this company has been rather lax with keeping up with other re-imbursements to employees of recent as well, such as dinner allowance & taxi reimbursements, so it seems a general attitude issue rather than a lack of funds.

With this in mind, should she report this to CPF board? My initial comment to her was to give them a few weeks, but I'm interested to hear if others have another viewpoint.
Most company party 30 days after pay day

Don't recall the window to pay

If it's more than 45 days you can call CPF board

Last month pay and all claims cannot be delayed beyond 30 days after pay day

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 Oct 2017 11:12 am

CPF payments must be deposited with the CPF Board within 14 days of the last day of the month. If not deposited, then you should inform the CPF board as soon as possible (I'd give a week only after the 14th of the following month, e.g., around the 21st of the month. If your last cheque was for the period ending 30 June the CPF should have been paid by the 14th of July. As it's already October, don't waste any more time.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 24 Oct 2017 11:38 am

CPF payments are first in line after the tax man if the company is being wound up I believe.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 24 Oct 2017 2:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:CPF payments must be deposited with the CPF Board within 14 days of the last day of the month. If not deposited, then you should inform the CPF board as soon as possible (I'd give a week only after the 14th of the following month, e.g., around the 21st of the month. If your last cheque was for the period ending 30 June the CPF should have been paid by the 14th of July. As it's already October, don't waste any more time.
Thanks for that piece of news Sir

None of my employers seemed to pay within 14 days. Mostly 30 days away :(

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 Oct 2017 4:13 pm

They also pay penalties and interest regularly I reckon. If their cash diversion was that good at bringing better return over and above the additional costs, then I suspect they were still coming out ahead. The problem with that is CPF and ICA and MOM are all linked today and it's always a possibility that at some point in the future, the company 'may' find themselves having problems like getting EPs, etc. approved.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 24 Oct 2017 6:44 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:They also pay penalties and interest regularly I reckon. If their cash diversion was that good at bringing better return over and above the additional costs, then I suspect they were still coming out ahead. The problem with that is CPF and ICA and MOM are all linked today and it's always a possibility that at some point in the future, the company 'may' find themselves having problems like getting EPs, etc. approved.
ImageImageImageImage