Singapore Expats

Should I try apply PR after ROM?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
serenassh

Should I try apply PR after ROM?

Post by serenassh » Sun, 22 Oct 2017 5:21 pm

Hi all,

I am 22 years old Malaysian Chinese, female, studying dual-certificate degree Bsc (Hons) Business Management in Sunway University affiliated with Lancaster University (UK). 100% scholarship holder and will be graduating on next year August.

My fiance is 29 years old, born and raised Singapore Citizen, NS served, working as accountant with $3k+ salaries. We have been together for almost 6 years.

The plan is I am moving to Singapore to ROM, find a job and obtain Employment Pass after I graduate. Because we would like to apply for the BTO flat (only obtainable under 1 PR + 1 Singapore Citizen) as soon as possible. I prefer to have own sweet home rather than staying with his family in long term.. O:) and I also know that it will takes few years till the house is ready.

Anyone has any idea if I should try to apply PR right after I ROM and work in Singapore for few months? Or I have to wait 2 years to even increase the chances of getting PR approval..

On a side note, will employer be discouraging or reluctant to hire female fresh grad with "married" status? Some of my relatives said it is harder to find a job with married status but some said employer doesn't care.. What's your opinion?

Thanks!