Singapore Expats

Renunciation SPR processing time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Thambar22

Renunciation SPR processing time

Post by Thambar22 » Wed, 18 Oct 2017 9:48 pm

Hi guys,

I'm planning to surrender my SPR in coming months after living there for 20 years. Naturally, I'd like to hv all paperwork in order to apply for withdrawal of my CPF.

Has anyone surrendered their SPR recently or know of someone who did? Would be helpful to know how long it takes to obtain letter from ICA indicating PR has been cancelled. Found rather old post on this matter dating back to 2011 saying they got it within 1 hr of visiting ICA personally.

As I no longer reside in Spore and would be coming for just 1-2 days do all the ICA & CPF matters, I'm concerned that one might need to wait more than a couple days to issue the letter.

Kindly share some info if anybody know.

Thks & cheers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Renunciation SPR processing time

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 19 Oct 2017 8:08 pm

Thambar22 wrote:Hi guys,

I'm planning to surrender my SPR in coming months after living there for 20 years. Naturally, I'd like to hv all paperwork in order to apply for withdrawal of my CPF.

Has anyone surrendered their SPR recently or know of someone who did? Would be helpful to know how long it takes to obtain letter from ICA indicating PR has been cancelled. Found rather old post on this matter dating back to 2011 saying they got it within 1 hr of visiting ICA personally.

As I no longer reside in Spore and would be coming for just 1-2 days do all the ICA & CPF matters, I'm concerned that one might need to wait more than a couple days to issue the letter.

Kindly share some info if anybody know.

Thks & cheers
You may have the correct timeline

As long as you have no unpaid taxes etc.