Singapore Expats

SCT order landlord to pay up, he's refusing...now what??

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: SCT order landlord to pay up, he's refusing...now what??

Post by Max Headroom » Sat, 04 Nov 2017 9:13 pm

Good one. Well done.

Yes, I'd love to hear the take-aways.

Search By

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 05 Nov 2017 7:45 pm

sazzle wrote:Thanks everyone for your help...he paid!!

He until until midnight on 30th Oct to pay...he paid at 11.40pm on 30th Oct :roll: Whatever makes him feel better...!

We really can't believe it it took lots of emails/texts and a visit to his apartment, but I'm so relieved we didn't have all the additional hassle had he not paid.

For anyone in a similar boat, the bailiffs does seem to be the best option if you have LLs address. It's a $400 deposit, which can be added to the amount owed so you're not out of pocket, and they will take off whatever bailiff fees eta and give you back whatever wasn't spent. So pretty good.

There's shockingly little info about ways to enforce a court order, I now feel like a bit of an expert :-| so when I have more time, I'll make a post in here with all the options we were given.

Thanks everyone who posted and advised!
Good on you. Hopefully he's posting on CheeBaiForums (HWZ) about you as well... although he'll be lying about the outcome.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

danielleleilalu

Post by danielleleilalu » Mon, 21 Mar 2022 12:07 am

sazzle wrote:
Sat, 04 Nov 2017 5:07 pm
Thanks everyone for your help...he paid!!

He until until midnight on 30th Oct to pay...he paid at 11.40pm on 30th Oct :roll: Whatever makes him feel better...!

We really can't believe it it took lots of emails/texts and a visit to his apartment, but I'm so relieved we didn't have all the additional hassle had he not paid.

For anyone in a similar boat, the bailiffs does seem to be the best option if you have LLs address. It's a $400 deposit, which can be added to the amount owed so you're not out of pocket, and they will take off whatever bailiff fees eta and give you back whatever wasn't spent. So pretty good.

There's shockingly little info about ways to enforce a court order, I now feel like a bit of an expert :-| so when I have more time, I'll make a post in here with all the options we were given.

Thanks everyone who posted and advised!
Hey! Congratulations to you! I hope you are doing better now. Care to share that post if you have time? I might have to go to SCT with my LL issues. I have not been in any court hearing my life and would love to know your experience if you are okay to go back in time and write it for me or someone else in the same situation.

Much appreciated!