Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in South Korea?

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
ashperf36

Plastic surgery in South Korea?

Post by ashperf36 » Tue, 17 Oct 2017 2:30 pm

I'm not happy with the shape of my nose (want them to be pointier, also it would be great if the nose bridge could be higher) and also want to improve sunken areas on my face.

I have found some big names in Korean PS like JW, BK, ID, Banobagi, Regen and all of that but do you guys know any other clinic that is less known to foreigners but more popular among locals in Korea?

Or if you could share your experience regarding PS in Korea, that would be great!

cici94

Re: Plastic surgery in South Korea?

Post by cici94 » Tue, 24 Oct 2017 3:22 pm

Hi, I suggest you to not go to hospitals like Wonjin, JW etc.. especially since u are a foreigner.
These big hospitals are better known overseas because they spend a lot on marketing.
Yes, its better for you to look at the hospitals that are more popular among koreans. I did my nose in Korea and im really satisfied with it.

ashperf36

Post by ashperf36 » Thu, 26 Oct 2017 5:22 pm

Thank you for your reply. Would you be so kind as to share the name of the hospital you visited for your nose job? (If you feel uncomfortable, you can send me a message too!) Is that hospital good at fat grafting too?

ashperf36

Post by ashperf36 » Fri, 03 Nov 2017 3:16 pm

I had someone who sent me recommendation (thank you so much!) for rhinoplasy and I have also done some reach as well. So now I have some idea of which clinic I want to visit in South Korea.

It's just a fat grafting procedure that I'm still doing some research for. I came across this website called "Purseforum" the other day and found out these clinics in Seoul; GNG, Fresh, MVP and Kim Hansang.

I really like before&after pictures of Fresh and MVP. Has any of you heard of these clinics or had fat grafting procedures done here?

jamchiang

Post by jamchiang » Thu, 09 Nov 2017 1:58 pm

I'm not sure if you are still looking for clinics in South Korea, but I actually had fat grafting on the face (forehead, temple, side cheeks & front cheeks) about 2 months ago at Fresh. The fat was harvested from my inner thighs (the doctor mentioned that's where he can get the best quality fat). I'm quite happy with the result. I don't think I'm going to get the second top-up any time soon.

If you prefer natural results, I would recommend Fresh. They have English consultants, so you won't have a problem communicating with the doctor and the staffs. If you got any question, feel free to ask me!

ashperf36

Post by ashperf36 » Tue, 14 Nov 2017 5:06 pm

jamchiang wrote:I'm not sure if you are still looking for clinics in South Korea, but I actually had fat grafting on the face (forehead, temple, side cheeks & front cheeks) about 2 months ago at Fresh. The fat was harvested from my inner thighs (the doctor mentioned that's where he can get the best quality fat). I'm quite happy with the result. I don't think I'm going to get the second top-up any time soon.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, jamchiang! Since you’ve mentioned that you had your procedures done at Fresh, I got some questions :)

Are you happy with the result? I’m worried that my face might look quite unnatural after fat grafting. I would really like it to be as natural as possible. Also, how do your thighs look? Are there any irregularities on the skin or dents where fat was harvested?

jamchiang

Post by jamchiang » Fri, 17 Nov 2017 1:35 pm

Yeah, I’m happy with the result. I mean, you will look unnatural right after surgery. To be honest, when I first looked into the mirror, I kind of regretted that I got fat grafting because my face looked so different haha. But it was because of swelling.

The swelling got really bad 3 days post op. But after 2 weeks, I started to like the result and I don’t regret getting fat grafting anymore. I just hope the injected fat survives; I may get secondary top-up if needed later.

My inner thighs were quire sore at first. My consultant asked me to wear a compressive garment (looks like beige tights) to prevent any skin irregularities and possible dents. I did have light bruising, but not as severe as I expected.

ashperf36

Post by ashperf36 » Mon, 20 Nov 2017 4:24 pm

Wow, thanks for the review! Can you please tell me how much the whole thing cost? I’m planning to visit South Korea next month from Dec. 4th-Dec.17th. Do you think this is enough for consultation, recovery and treatment (if they give any)?

jamchiang

Post by jamchiang » Fri, 24 Nov 2017 5:22 pm

I’ll PM you about the price. I don’t want to get in any trouble by publicly sharing their price info :p So you are staying in Korea for 2 weeks then. I think that is enough time. They take out the stitches after 7 days so you should have plenty of time for all of that.

I actually stayed there less than 7 days, so they used medical glue instead of conventional stitches. It came off naturally over time, so I didn’t have to find doctors who would remove stitches for me.

antam

Post by antam » Sun, 26 Nov 2017 12:45 pm

Could you also PM me the price? thanks.

jamchiang

Post by jamchiang » Mon, 27 Nov 2017 5:50 pm

antam wrote:Could you also PM me the price? thanks.
I just PMed you about the price!

cheerypumpkin

Post by cheerypumpkin » Tue, 01 May 2018 2:33 pm

Hi jamchiang,

Am keen to know more as well, do you mind pm me as well the charges and experience pls! Thanks!

peter.Co

Post by peter.Co » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 4:53 am

Hi, I've heard that Korea is the country where people use to do plastic surgery a lot ! I advice you to see on forum or to check on youtube as well ! There are a lot of videos about that.

Omg456

Post by Omg456 » Thu, 05 Jul 2018 3:58 pm

I have been to Seoul like 4 years ago and sold myself to BK. This time I am going back to BK again. I understand that the price is more expensive than some smaller clinics but i believe pay what you get.

The reason why I am going back to BK 1) i really like Dr Kim results (this is my point of view and preference) 2) is their service - (a) I can communicate well thru kakao with their consultant and they managed to answer all my questions promptly (which any other clinics can do so do) (b) the post surgery service is what I like about them. Its like a one stop service that I can get everything done within the building. From after op care to I woke up to I can collect medication within BK building. I have met clinics that patients need to go out to retail pharmacy to get antibiotics after surgeries. I cant accept it. I prefer to rest well and all the hassle after surgery.

So i chose BK again this time round. I will update if they manage to buy me again this time when i arrived BK during the weekend =)

asiapot

Post by asiapot » Mon, 30 Jul 2018 12:22 am

ashperf36 wrote:Wow, thanks for the review! Can you please tell me how much the whole thing cost? I’m planning to visit South Korea next month from Dec. 4th-Dec.17th. Do you think this is enough for consultation, recovery and treatment (if they give any)?
Have you done your ps in Korea already? I'm interested in facial fat grafting.