I have been lurking around this forum for the last 2-3 years now, ever since my boyfriend (now fiance) and I started having discussions about our future.
Nationality: Chinese Singaporean Citizen (by Birth)
Profession: Engineer in a Startup, worked for 4 years
Education: NTU Bachelor's of Engineering
Profession: Research Associate in NUS, 4+ years in SG on EP
Previously worked in Bangalore for a year
Education: NTU Master's in Computer Engg, NIT Bachelor's EEE (in India)
Lived in Singapore since: 2012
After doing some research, I have become pretty worried of the blockers we would face in trying to build a family here in SG (especially in terms of housing and visa issues). For some reason, we have not registered out marriage yet though we have been ready since 6 months ago. We intend to ROM in a few month's time. A few questions regarding PR application:
PTS or Family Ties?
If via Family Ties:
- - Would it be difficult to apply LTVP for his parents in India to come here, since I am the sponsor?
- If our financial standing becomes worse (say I made a career change to work in the social sector for a 3k/month job) during the time the application is processed, would it hurt his application?
- How long after ROM is ideal for him to apply?
- - Would having an SC spouse benefit his application?
- - Would processing times differ for each?