Singapore Expats Forum

Financial translator seeking employment

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

angelateevin

Financial translator seeking employment

Postby angelateevin » Thu, 29 Apr 2004 7:18 pm

I'm a British citizen currently living in Germany and hoping to move to Singapore in the second half of this year to join my boyfriend, who has just been offered a job there.

I have a first class honours degree in French and German (minor in Politics and Spanish) from Glasgow University, Scotland, where I graduated top of my year in 2002. I have five years' experience in office administration/customer services, a year's experience teaching English to German secondary school pupils, and, most recently, two years' experience as a financial translator in Frankfurt (I am currently head of the English translation department). I would be really grateful for any pointers as to which companies might be interested in my skills.

Thanks

Angela

dragonboat

Teaching?

Postby dragonboat » Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:24 am

Kindly visit the ministry of education website: www.moe.gov.sg They may have opening for foreign language tutor.

Intesol

Interest in TESOL Training

Postby Intesol » Fri, 30 Apr 2004 7:28 am

Would you have an interest in teaching TESOL courses in Singapore or any other part of Asia eg China?
We may have positions coming up soon.
Please give us your contact details eg email add if you do
We will be in touch with you if you are interested

angelateevin

Postby angelateevin » Fri, 30 Apr 2004 3:24 pm

Teaching English as a foreign language would definitely be something I would be interested in. I worked as an English teacher in Germany for a year and it was something I really enjoyed. My e-mail address is: angelateevin@yahoo.de. I look forward to hearing from you.

Intesol

Tesol for Asia

Postby Intesol » Sat, 01 May 2004 10:41 am

Dear angelateevin
We will be in contact with you shortly over the next weeks
By the way do you have a TESOL or equivalent qualification?

angelateevin

Postby angelateevin » Tue, 11 May 2004 7:55 pm

I don't have a TESOL qualification, although teaching English as a foreign language formed part of my University degree, and I have practical experience in the field.

INTESOL

Postby INTESOL » Tue, 11 May 2004 8:52 pm

So are you prepared to do a TESOL course?
And what are the possibilities to be stationed for stints in places like Japan, China etc?