Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

Chaorenz

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Postby Chaorenz » Sun, 28 Jan 2018 4:09 pm

successcre8or wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Do you know what the acronym PR stands for? If not it is "Permanent Residence". You do know what residence means, correct? So how do you think you can have PR unless you are resident in the country giving your PR? :-k :roll:

Well, Australia, Canada and NewZealand give PR without even visiting.... not to mention marrying a citizen or working there. I know i should have work to maintain that status but for a start i was wondering if i can get before residing there....

well maybe you could go to Australia , Canada or NewZealand ?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 Jan 2018 5:54 pm

Generally you need to be on a residency visa of one sort or another, e.g., Work Permit, Employment Pass, Long Term Social Visit Pass (spouse of a PR or SGC) for around two years or three tax assessments before they will entertain the though of PR. Occasionally, if the spouse is working and is earning enough to proved the ability to support (in the case of you being unemployed and applying for PR under the Family Ties scheme (spouse of a citizen) it's theoretically possible but I've not hear of one for the past 7 or 8 years although I do know of one and only one.

If you have very deep pockets, you can get it under the Global Investor Program but that entails are rather large outlay of funds and the hiring of Singaporeans. More can be found out about this, here: https://www.contactsingapore.sg/gip

successcre8or

Postby successcre8or » Sun, 28 Jan 2018 11:38 pm

Thank you SMS :)

Janakikr

Postby Janakikr » Mon, 26 Feb 2018 12:17 pm

VKSP wrote:Hi,
Do you have update from ICA on your application?

Janakikr wrote:Hi
Please dont mistake that i am starting a new thread here on the same topic.
I am in Singapore since 2011 and got married here in Singapore to a PR here in 2013. From then i am applying for PR its been getting rejected. As my husband is a RC member we have also met MP Goh Chok Tong and he wrote a letter to ICA (in 2015), still rejected. So he asked us to wait and reapply later.

Details of Myself and My Family:

I am a Engineering graduate working for a Multi national Bank. Salary more than 100K per annum
My husband is here since 2008 and he has renewed his PR and his appointment for Citizenship is also booked in Next year. Since he is a Residence Committee member where we get to do a lot of volunteering activities. We have got a condo here and moved in 2016.
We have a son now who is born here in Apr, so now I applied PR along with him in May. Application is in pending state over 5 months.
Apart from this we also donate a lot to the organisations here and we have registered for Bone Marrow Donors as well.

Can you please help me whats the chance of we getting a PR and also let us know if we need to do anything else for the contribution of the society.

My application is pending for more than 9 months now. hoping if it gets approved soon.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Tue, 27 Feb 2018 11:22 am

successcre8or wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Do you know what the acronym PR stands for? If not it is "Permanent Residence". You do know what residence means, correct? So how do you think you can have PR unless you are resident in the country giving your PR? :-k :roll:

Well, Australia, Canada and NewZealand give PR without even visiting.... not to mention marrying a citizen or working there. I know i should have work to maintain that status but for a start i was wondering if i can get before residing there....

Let me tell you why countries like Australia, Canada and New Zealand give PR without you being a resident first.

1. They are big-ass/very young countries with many abysses void of human in places they are dying to populate.

2. The condition of their PR to you is that you uproot and move within 6 months upon approval (number of months may vary depending on what scheme you get your PR on and which country).

3. Different countries, different rules. Canada has stopped (or, has not been) granting foreign spouse of citizens on PR unless they physically reside there. Even if s/he gets approved, the family has 6 months to uproot and move back.

So yeah, Singapore is a bloody-small country but with heavenly lifestyle. Heavenly part might vary to some people - but hey, safety, cleanliness, low tax, consistent climate, cheap labour force to make many things cheap, etc etc etc.

Janakikr

Postby Janakikr » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 4:29 pm

Myself and my son's PR is pending for more than 10 months now. Is it worth to drop a email to ICA requesting the status ?

Regards
Janaki

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 4:40 pm

Janakikr wrote:Myself and my son's PR is pending for more than 10 months now. Is it worth to drop a email to ICA requesting the status ?

Regards
Janaki

Better to wait. Sometimes, when you try to expedite, things turn negative