Singapore Expats

Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 14 Oct 2017 4:26 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
jamie9vardy wrote: Advice? You can stay here as long as you can renew your work pass or consider Plan B?
No, I demand it, I insist I be given, and no second guess there ImageImage

And I am an engineer, please take note Image

What plan B?
Errr... get an MBA from the best business school in motherland or smash 108 coconuts?

Plan B = H1-B Image

P/s OP deleted the original post. We could almost see it coming.
Mods gonna put it back

Chickens like OP are examples why people have working relationship issues with some folks

His initial post is quoted anyway

luckycricket

Post by luckycricket » Sat, 14 Oct 2017 7:53 pm

bcheng74 wrote:
luckycricket wrote:8 applications in 8 years? Why people don't wait for some reasonable amount of time (at least a year) before resubmitting their application ](*,) ? Rejection takes at least 3 to 4 months so you were applying after every 8 to 9 months. No wonder ICA calendar is always full :D
Great observation. I think the OP immediately re-applied once rejected every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OP's application pattern clearly shows his seriousness (not talking about desperation) about his application and about the whole system. It is a perfect example of how people start abusing the system ... Got the rejection then go and get a new appointment to have another picnic :-" at ICA because the application submission is FREE :cool:

Janakikr

Post by Janakikr » Mon, 30 Oct 2017 4:27 pm

Hi
Please dont mistake that i am starting a new thread here on the same topic.
I am in Singapore since 2011 and got married here in Singapore to a PR here in 2013. From then i am applying for PR its been getting rejected. As my husband is a RC member we have also met MP Goh Chok Tong and he wrote a letter to ICA (in 2015), still rejected. So he asked us to wait and reapply later.

Details of Myself and My Family:

I am a Engineering graduate working for a Multi national Bank. Salary more than 100K per annum
My husband is here since 2008 and he has renewed his PR and his appointment for Citizenship is also booked in Next year. Since he is a Residence Committee member where we get to do a lot of volunteering activities. We have got a condo here and moved in 2016.
We have a son now who is born here in Apr, so now I applied PR along with him in May. Application is in pending state over 5 months.
Apart from this we also donate a lot to the organisations here and we have registered for Bone Marrow Donors as well.

Can you please help me whats the chance of we getting a PR and also let us know if we need to do anything else for the contribution of the society.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 30 Oct 2017 4:54 pm

Janakikr wrote:Hi
I am in Singapore since 2011 and got married here in Singapore to a PR here in 2013. From then i am applying for PR its been getting rejected. As my husband is a RC member we have also met MP Goh Chok Tong and he wrote a letter to ICA (in 2015), still rejected. So he asked us to wait and reapply later.

I am a Engineering graduate working for a Multi national Bank. Salary more than 100K per annum
My husband is here since 2008 and he has renewed his PR and his appointment for Citizenship is also booked in Next year. Since he is a Residence Committee member where we get to do a lot of volunteering activities. We have got a condo here and moved in 2016.
We have a son now who is born here in Apr, so now I applied PR along with him in May. Application is in pending state over 5 months.
Apart from this we also donate a lot to the organisations here and we have registered for Bone Marrow Donors as well.

Can you please help me whats the chance of we getting a PR and also let us know if we need to do anything else for the contribution of the society.
You said a lot of things without the important detail.

Whats your race again ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 30 Oct 2017 5:28 pm

Janaki KR sounds like Subcontinental to me.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 30 Oct 2017 8:24 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Janaki KR sounds like Subcontinental to me.
She seemed to have missed blood donation..

Janakikr

Post by Janakikr » Mon, 30 Oct 2017 9:46 pm

Oh my apologies, I am an Indian...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 30 Oct 2017 10:15 pm

Janakikr wrote:
Oh my apologies, I am an Indian...
Then you gotta pray.

Good luck

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 02 Nov 2017 6:00 am

Ok help this absent old timer here, is SG government still on same policy from last time about certain ethnicity on yes-list and no-list?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Nov 2017 8:25 am

For the most part, yes.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vxxx

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-208

Post by vxxx » Sat, 16 Dec 2017 1:37 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
nitpas1 wrote:I have applied for SPR with family multiple times to be precise 8 times. I have been in Singapore since 2009, currently, the SPR application status is "Pending" I have 13+ years of IT exp and done by Bachelor of Engineering, my wife is MBA in Finance stream, and my child was born in Singapore now is K1.

Wondering what are the chances in the coming years to get a PR and future become a citizen.

First focus on PR and then after 5-10 years on citizenship.

You have stayed here in SG for a fair amount of time, but seeing your nick in this site, I assume you are Indian. So, chances are between low to medium.... But if you hang on and are prepared to apply 1-2 times more in future, if needed you may get it.
8 times is already too much and how much more years are you going to try. You would retire trying

VKSP

Post by VKSP » Thu, 25 Jan 2018 3:49 pm

Hi,
Do you have update from ICA on your application?

Janakikr wrote:Hi

successcre8or

Post by successcre8or » Sun, 28 Jan 2018 2:26 am

Sorry to bother everyone by my quick question.....
Is staying in Spore is mandatory for PR? I'm married to a singaporean since 2015 and we are living abroad, I'm having an LTVP (just renewed it) but wondering if I can get PR one day without having to work in SG. ??

regarding the important info, I'm from the Race : "Others" :mrgreen:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 Jan 2018 2:45 pm

Do you know what the acronym PR stands for? If not it is "Permanent Residence". You do know what residence means, correct? So how do you think you can have PR unless you are resident in the country giving your PR? :-k :roll:

successcre8or

Post by successcre8or » Sun, 28 Jan 2018 2:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Do you know what the acronym PR stands for? If not it is "Permanent Residence". You do know what residence means, correct? So how do you think you can have PR unless you are resident in the country giving your PR? :-k :roll:
Well, Australia, Canada and NewZealand give PR without even visiting.... not to mention marrying a citizen or working there. I know i should have work to maintain that status but for a start i was wondering if i can get before residing there....