Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

nitpas1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 13 Oct 2017

Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Postby nitpas1 » Fri, 13 Oct 2017 3:28 pm

I have applied for SPR with family multiple times to be precise 8 times. I have been in Singapore since 2009, currently, the SPR application status is "Pending" I have 13+ years of IT exp and done by Bachelor of Engineering, my wife is MBA in Finance stream, and my child was born in Singapore now is K1. Wondering what are the chances in the coming years to get a PR and future become a citizen.
Last edited by nitpas1 on Sat, 14 Oct 2017 5:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-208

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 13 Oct 2017 3:38 pm

nitpas1 wrote:I have applied for SPR with family multiple times to be precise 8 times. I have been in Singapore since 2009, currently, the SPR application status is "Pending" I have 13+ years of IT exp and done by Bachelor of Engineering, my wife is MBA in Finance stream, and my child was born in Singapore now is K1.

Wondering what are the chances in the coming years to get a PR and future become a citizen.



First focus on PR and then after 5-10 years on citizenship.

You have stayed here in SG for a fair amount of time, but seeing your nick in this site, I assume you are Indian. So, chances are between low to medium.... But if you hang on and are prepared to apply 1-2 times more in future, if needed you may get it.

nitpas1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 13 Oct 2017

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-208

Postby nitpas1 » Fri, 13 Oct 2017 3:56 pm

.
Last edited by nitpas1 on Sat, 14 Oct 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9794
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 13 Oct 2017 4:28 pm

nitpas1 wrote:I have applied for SPR with family multiple times to be precise 8 times. I have been in Singapore since 2009. Currently, my SPR application status is "Pending" I have 13+ years of IT exp and done my Bachelor of Engineering, my wife is MBA in Finance stream, and my child was born in Singapore now is K1.

Wondering what are the chances in the coming years to get a PR and future become a citizen.
Which country you are from ?

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9290
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-208

Postby x9200 » Fri, 13 Oct 2017 5:34 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
nitpas1 wrote:I have applied for SPR with family multiple times to be precise 8 times. I have been in Singapore since 2009, currently, the SPR application status is "Pending" I have 13+ years of IT exp and done by Bachelor of Engineering, my wife is MBA in Finance stream, and my child was born in Singapore now is K1.

Wondering what are the chances in the coming years to get a PR and future become a citizen.



First focus on PR and then after 5-10 years on citizenship.

You have stayed here in SG for a fair amount of time, but seeing your nick in this site, I assume you are Indian. So, chances are between low to medium.... But if you hang on and are prepared to apply 1-2 times more in future, if needed you may get it.

I am sometimes kind of dumb so hope you don't mind this question: are you being sarcastic?

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-208

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 13 Oct 2017 6:53 pm

x9200 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
nitpas1 wrote:I have applied for SPR with family multiple times to be precise 8 times. I have been in Singapore since 2009, currently, the SPR application status is "Pending" I have 13+ years of IT exp and done by Bachelor of Engineering, my wife is MBA in Finance stream, and my child was born in Singapore now is K1.

Wondering what are the chances in the coming years to get a PR and future become a citizen.



First focus on PR and then after 5-10 years on citizenship.

You have stayed here in SG for a fair amount of time, but seeing your nick in this site, I assume you are Indian. So, chances are between low to medium.... But if you hang on and are prepared to apply 1-2 times more in future, if needed you may get it.

I am sometimes kind of dumb so hope you don't mind this question: are you being sarcastic?


My mistake. I overlooked the 8 times
Last edited by singaporeflyer on Sat, 14 Oct 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
luckycricket
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed, 04 Oct 2017

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Postby luckycricket » Fri, 13 Oct 2017 8:31 pm

8 applications in 8 years? Why people don't wait for some reasonable amount of time (at least a year) before resubmitting their application ](*,) ? Rejection takes at least 3 to 4 months so you were applying after every 8 to 9 months. No wonder ICA calendar is always full :D

bcheng74
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun, 10 Apr 2016

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Postby bcheng74 » Sat, 14 Oct 2017 2:24 pm

luckycricket wrote:8 applications in 8 years? Why people don't wait for some reasonable amount of time (at least a year) before resubmitting their application ](*,) ? Rejection takes at least 3 to 4 months so you were applying after every 8 to 9 months. No wonder ICA calendar is always full :D


Great observation. I think the OP immediately re-applied once rejected every time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitpas1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 13 Oct 2017

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Postby nitpas1 » Sat, 14 Oct 2017 2:31 pm

bcheng74 wrote:
luckycricket wrote:8 applications in 8 years? Why people don't wait for some reasonable amount of time (at least a year) before resubmitting their application ](*,) ? Rejection takes at least 3 to 4 months so you were applying after every 8 to 9 months. No wonder ICA calendar is always full :D


Great observation. I think the OP immediately re-applied once rejected every time.

Thanks but how does that help this post ? 6 months is cooling period and thanks for the observation that I applied after 8 months ..

Sowhat are you trying to say ..if i applied one time i would have got it ? Or you have something better to advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9794
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 14 Oct 2017 3:02 pm

nitpas1 wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:
luckycricket wrote:8 applications in 8 years? Why people don't wait for some reasonable amount of time (at least a year) before resubmitting their application ](*,) ? Rejection takes at least 3 to 4 months so you were applying after every 8 to 9 months. No wonder ICA calendar is always full :D


Great observation. I think the OP immediately re-applied once rejected every time.

Thanks but how does that help this post ? 6 months is cooling period and thanks for the observation that I applied after 8 months ..

Sowhat are you trying to say ..if i applied one time i would have got it ? Or you have something better to advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Something better?

Like, don't apply?

You don't listen right? :)

What everybody is saying is, re apply if there is change, visible change, like pay rise, better job, or you invented the world's first Dengue defense

Or maybe, maybe, you got recognized for saving a life, by doing CPR

Or maybe, maybe, you proved yourself really useful to the society by donating your extremely rare blood every 4 months, and also donating blood from your dog too.. (if the dog had consented..)

Or you took on a non profit project that changed lives of everyday Singaporeans, and was well recognized by Ministry of whatever ..

So pardon me for asking, what changed between each application?

PS, what cooling period?

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Postby jamie9vardy » Sat, 14 Oct 2017 3:07 pm

nitpas1 wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:
luckycricket wrote:8 applications in 8 years? Why people don't wait for some reasonable amount of time (at least a year) before resubmitting their application ](*,) ? Rejection takes at least 3 to 4 months so you were applying after every 8 to 9 months. No wonder ICA calendar is always full :D


Great observation. I think the OP immediately re-applied once rejected every time.

Thanks but how does that help this post ? 6 months is cooling period and thanks for the observation that I applied after 8 months ..

Sowhat are you trying to say ..if i applied one time i would have got it ? Or you have something better to advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advice? You can stay here as long as you can renew your work pass or consider Plan B?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9794
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 14 Oct 2017 3:09 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:Advice? You can stay here as long as you can renew your work pass or consider Plan B?


No, I demand it, I insist I be given, and no second guess there

And I am an engineer, please take note

What plan B?

nitpas1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 13 Oct 2017

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Postby nitpas1 » Sat, 14 Oct 2017 3:51 pm

ecureilx wrote:
nitpas1 wrote:
bcheng74 wrote:
Great observation. I think the OP immediately re-applied once rejected every time.

Thanks but how does that help this post ? 6 months is cooling period and thanks for the observation that I applied after 8 months ..

Sowhat are you trying to say ..if i applied one time i would have got it ? Or you have something better to advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Something better?

Like, don't apply?

You don't listen right? :)

What everybody is saying is, re apply if there is change, visible change, like pay rise, better job, or you invented the world's first Dengue defense

Or maybe, maybe, you got recognized for saving a life, by doing CPR

Or maybe, maybe, you proved yourself really useful to the society by donating your extremely rare blood every 4 months, and also donating blood from your dog too.. (if the dog had consented..)

Or you took on a non profit project that changed lives of everyday Singaporeans, and was well recognized by Ministry of whatever ..

So pardon me for asking, what changed between each application?

PS, what cooling period?



Still your comments are irrelevant to this post .. you are not helping at all .

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016

Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Postby jamie9vardy » Sat, 14 Oct 2017 4:12 pm

ecureilx wrote:
jamie9vardy wrote:Advice? You can stay here as long as you can renew your work pass or consider Plan B?


No, I demand it, I insist I be given, and no second guess there

And I am an engineer, please take note

What plan B?

Errr... get an MBA from the best business school in motherland or smash 108 coconuts?

Plan B = H1-B

P/s OP deleted the original post. We could almost see it coming.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9794
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Singapore PR Approval chances in the year 2017-2018

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 14 Oct 2017 4:24 pm

nitpas1 wrote:Still your comments are irrelevant to this post .. you are not helping at all .


Irrelevant?

Really?

Oh ho.

Maybe I don't meet your high standards.

Mate, get real

Go back and read again.

What changed between each application for ICA to look at your application differently ?

Let me say this.

Your arrogant attitude proves it

Go get a bit of humble pie. And read again.

PS if you didn't want advice that may not be palatable, ask mummy.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest