Singapore Expats

PR to Singapore Citizenship Stamp Duty

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
choojnr

PR to Singapore Citizenship Stamp Duty

Post by choojnr » Tue, 10 Oct 2017 10:54 pm

Hi, I'm a PR in SG looking to apply for citizenship.

"Via Registration:
A Permanent Resident for at least two years who is employed or married to a Singaporean citizen can register for citizenship."

In this situation, if i do get citizenship, would i be eligible for exemption from stamp duty?

Currently In the midst of planning to purchase a condo in the next 3 years and I see some new projects in Sengkang/Punggol area that I'm interested in. Are these good? Parc Botannia, The Luxurie, Quartz? Last 2 sounds more luxurious tho, first one sounds like a botanic park.
Currently Looking at: Parc Botannia

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: PR to Singapore Citizenship Stamp Duty

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 10 Oct 2017 11:41 pm

choojnr wrote:Hi, I'm a PR in SG looking to apply for citizenship.

"Via Registration:
A Permanent Resident for at least two years who is employed or married to a Singaporean citizen can register for citizenship."

In this situation, if i do get citizenship, would i be eligible for exemption from stamp duty?

Currently In the midst of planning to purchase a condo in the next 3 years and I see some new projects in Sengkang/Punggol area that I'm interested in. Are these good? Parc Botannia, The Luxurie, Quartz? Last 2 sounds more luxurious tho, first one sounds like a botanic park.
So you are getting SC to avoid stamp duty?