Singapore Expats

Why the job offers being put on hold by many consultancies after LOC has been approved? Please share ur knowing.

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Sripc

Why the job offers being put on hold by many consultancies after LOC has been approved? Please share ur knowing.

Post by Sripc » Tue, 03 Oct 2017 4:42 pm

Hi

I'm a foreigner, holding dependent pass living in singapore for past 8 years. I was on career break for past 1.5years and I have started looking out jobs from this year July onwards. Unlike earlier many companies do not prefer to apply EP due to recent changes. i got 2 job offers initial one signed on July and that was withdrawn by employer after 2 weeks from LOC approval and got the reason as job filled by another consultant. Second one i signed almost a month earlier and loc has been approved last week but they also doesnt get back to me on the joining date. Earlier once EP has been approved the day or next day we can join. But with LOC its more flexible for the employers to decide joining date. So does that mean we are getting blocked by the firm to be available at any time in their resource pool? Do the companies have any grace period to place the employee into their payroll after Loc has been issued.? Because with the earlier consultancy i was held by them for almost 2 months and finally they did no show. All my hopes have been dropped and also i didnt try for any other jobs because of their penality terms if no show from my end. Any inputs will greatly help to understand current situation and process. Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Why the job offers being put on hold by many consultancies after LOC has been approved? Please share ur knowing.

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Oct 2017 6:07 pm

This is the major problem with the LoC. It is tied to the Sponsor (spouse holding the EP) and it is canceled with the expiry of the Sponsor's EP and renewed on the renewal of the EP. However, this also make the LoC holder dependent on the Sponsor and the employer of the LoC has a lot of uncertainty as to how long they may have that employee.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sripc

Re: Why the job offersYep being put on hold by many consultancies after LOC has been approved? Please share ur knowing.

Post by Sripc » Tue, 03 Oct 2017 6:32 pm

Yep i agree with that LOC comes along with spouse validity.. However my DP is valid for next 2 years and this job offer is also for 3-6 months contract only.. So still didnt get any clue. Even the interviews were scheduled over weekends and posted as urgent fulfillment.