Singapore Expats Forum

Malaysia on arrival visa

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

emergency234

Malaysia on arrival visa

Postby emergency234 » Sat, 30 Sep 2017 9:58 pm

My wife, 2 year old child and I are SPRs with Indian passports.We were planning on driving to KL next month and hence approached one of the designated Malaysian visa offices in Singapore to help with the required visas.We were told that the Malaysian high commission is currently rejecting infant passports with an ' old ' photo in them!

The only option we were given was 'to try ' driving in via the Tuas link and applying for a 7 day visa on arrival for the toddler - an internet search revealed this http://www.vfsglobal.com/malaysia/india/Visa_on_Arrival_(VOA).html.

But this means that we would need to carry USD 1000 as ' show money ' the devil knows why :mad: - and we're not even sure that its a viable option - what if we are turned away at the border ?

Anyone have any ideas ? TIA

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Malaysia on arrival visa

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 01 Oct 2017 10:46 am

emergency234 wrote:My wife, 2 year old child and I are SPRs with Indian passports.We were planning on driving to KL next month and hence approached one of the designated Malaysian visa offices in Singapore to help with the required visas.We were told that the Malaysian high commission is currently rejecting infant passports with an ' old ' photo in them!

The only option we were given was 'to try ' driving in via the Tuas link and applying for a 7 day visa on arrival for the toddler - an internet search revealed this http://www.vfsglobal.com/malaysia/india/Visa_on_Arrival_(VOA).html.

But this means that we would need to carry USD 1000 as ' show money ' the devil knows why :mad: - and we're not even sure that its a viable option - what if we are turned away at the border ?

Who said so?

Did you try Mustafa?

emergency234

Postby emergency234 » Sun, 01 Oct 2017 10:54 pm

ecureilx wrote:
emergency234 wrote:My wife, 2 year old child and I are SPRs with Indian passports.We were planning on driving to KL next month and hence approached one of the designated Malaysian visa offices in Singapore to help with the required visas.We were told that the Malaysian high commission is currently rejecting infant passports with an ' old ' photo in them!

Who said so?

Did you try Mustafa?

Mustafa is where I was told this..they have a printout and everything!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 01 Oct 2017 11:17 pm

emergency234 wrote:Mustafa is where I was told this..they have a printout and everything!

Wd40
Director
Director

Postby Wd40 » Wed, 04 Oct 2017 12:14 am

Ditch Malaysia. Ever since they started discriminating between Indians coming from India Vs Indians living in Singapore, for visa free travel, I have ditched them. I would rather go to Indonesia or Hong Kong or other places.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

emergency234

Postby emergency234 » Wed, 04 Oct 2017 10:56 pm

Wd40 wrote:Ditch Malaysia. Ever since they started discriminating between Indians coming from India Vs Indians living in Singapore, for visa free travel, I have ditched them. I would rather go to Indonesia or Hong Kong or other places.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

but its a silly reason not to travel to a country.. :(