Singapore Expats

Ltvp and sponsor employment changes

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Lighting

Ltvp and sponsor employment changes

Post by Lighting » Sat, 30 Sep 2017 9:02 pm

Hello guys,

I am a Singaporean and my wife is currently holding a 1 year ltvp. I have a full time sales job and my wife is not working.

I have been thinking about changing my job in the near future but I worry this could affected my wife future renewal of ltvp or applying for Pr.

I am thinking of quitting my current job and become a full time Uber or grab driver, so I wonder will this be all right?

I will contribute 20% of my earned income to cpf every month, and pay tax. Or other things I should do?

Please advises and let me know if there is anything else I should know about this. Also, am I required to update ICA on my employment status if changed?

I am very worry about my wife unable to renew her ltvp or pr once I change my job because i am also worry that maybe ICA may think changing new job could caused me unstable income or something like that.

Thank you very much.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ltvp and sponsor employment changes

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 01 Oct 2017 12:14 am

Lighting wrote:Hello guys,

I am a Singaporean and my wife is currently holding a 1 year ltvp. I have a full time sales job and my wife is not working.

I have been thinking about changing my job in the near future but I worry this could affected my wife future renewal of ltvp or applying for Pr.

I am thinking of quitting my current job and become a full time Uber or grab driver, so I wonder will this be all right?

I will contribute 20% of my earned income to cpf every month, and pay tax. Or other things I should do?

Please advises and let me know if there is anything else I should know about this. Also, am I required to update ICA on my employment status if changed?

I am very worry about my wife unable to renew her ltvp or pr once I change my job because i am also worry that maybe ICA may think changing new job could caused me unstable income or something like that.

Thank you very much.
Don't worry much, your Pink IC is respected

Orange1010

Re: Ltvp and sponsor employment changes

Post by Orange1010 » Thu, 05 Oct 2017 8:06 am

ecureilx wrote:
Lighting wrote:Hello guys,

Thank you very much.
Don't worry much, your Pink IC is respected

Do you have any kids in Singapore ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk