Singapore Expats

Singapore Work Pemit / Visa Scam, Interesting...!

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
subashgk007
Regular
Regular

Singapore Work Pemit / Visa Scam, Interesting...!

Post by subashgk007 » Thu, 28 Sep 2017 8:02 am

Please note : This scam is not originated from Singapore, there is no option to make any complaints here. Just posting this to keep everyone sensitized towards such fraudulent activities. 

I have been reached out by one of my friend in India, who has asked me to see if there is any option to verify legitimacy of a work permit received for his brother( a hotel management degree holder, but no work experience) who got "Singapore work Visa" for contract role in the name of a star hotel.

While it is clear that MOM issues all types of work visas, was bit curious up on seeing below work permit issued by Singapore Consulate of Mumbai.

Mentioned domain icapass.com is opening up on a redirect towards official website of ICA https://www.ica.gov.sg. Up on checking found this domain was registered on 25-09-2017. :D

I have reached out to Mumbai consulate to see if they could help out.

Got call back with in 15 mins after sending this email, who has confirmed this is a fake document. Funniest part is, they photo shopped a visit visa to work permit with validity of 2 years. ](*,) ](*,)

In this case, 60 such candidates are affected and each one of them paid between 2k sgd to 4k sgd. Poor chaps trying for an entry to this prosperous country are being targeted. Candidates were offered with salary of 1500 sgd, free food, accommodation and one way flight ticket to Singapore.

We had already filed a police complained in the state of Kerala (where am hailing from) and investigation has been initiated. I was told agent was caught red handed yesterday when he reached out to candidates to hand over one side air ticket to Singapore.

(Excuse my ignorance) Wondering what would have happened if the airlines failed to confirm if it is a valid one and allowed them to board flight to Singapore. How ICA in Changi would have responded once they see 60 men with fake visa ?
source:https://www.lawguage.com/topic/singapor ... nteresting
Last edited by subashgk007 on Mon, 12 Mar 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Re: Singapore Work Pemit / Visa Scam, Interesting...!

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 28 Sep 2017 8:42 am

Very interesting post. Thank you.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Singapore Work Pemit / Visa Scam, Interesting...!

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 28 Sep 2017 9:24 am

subashgk007 wrote:Please note : This scam is not originated from Singapore, there is no option to make any complaints here. Just posting this to keep everyone sensitized towards such fraudulent activities. ..
Sad to say, nothing new.

Where there is demand, the supply steps in !!! :(

https://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/over ... 73022.html

Also google for "Indian national cheating his own countrymen in Singapore job scam racket faces the music after 11-year investigation"