Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
tinkerbell88
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri, 20 May 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby tinkerbell88 » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 3:17 pm

Dear npp,
Paid $800 for jaw Botox and $500 for the forehead. Yes I like the effects of the Botox and how it slims down the jawline and contours my face. My face is more oval. Yes it took about 3 weeks to see my jaw gradually sharpen and my face ovalling. Love it. Think the dr said got to review in 3 months and as we all know Botox must be repeated every 6 months. I think the charges are proportional to the amount of Botox required so that may explain why it can be expensive at times.
tinkerbell88

perfectionist88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 29 Jul 2011
Location: SG

Postby perfectionist88 » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 8:57 pm

have anyone done double eyelid surgery or rhinoplasty with Dr Tan Ying Chien from Sloane Clinic or Dr Wong Saw Yeen from Gleneagles? I've called to check, pricing are very similar, am just not sure if they are good, anyone?

Have put Woffles and Martin out of the picture as they are a tad too ex for me... Woffles quoted me $15,900 for Gore-Tex implant with ear cartilage grafts and $4,600 for double eyelid surgery. Martin charges between $8,000 - $10,000 for rhinoplasty under local anaesthesia and $2,000 - $5,000 for double eyelid surgery. I'm really not ready to pay such amounts!

or are there anywhere else in Singapore that you guys would recommend? can't wait to get a nose job!

Non-Perfect Perfectionist
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 22 Jul 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby Non-Perfect Perfectionist » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 9:26 pm

tinkerbell88 wrote:Dear npp,
Paid $800 for jaw Botox and $500 for the forehead. Yes I like the effects of the Botox and how it slims down the jawline and contours my face. My face is more oval. Yes it took about 3 weeks to see my jaw gradually sharpen and my face ovalling. Love it. Think the dr said got to review in 3 months and as we all know Botox must be repeated every 6 months. I think the charges are proportional to the amount of Botox required so that may explain why it can be expensive at times.



yea.. I wish the pricing for Botox could be made more affordable to think that the Effective Duration's (ED) so super short! :roll: :? :(

Now am still on the hunt for a facelifting/slimming procedure of much longer ED with shortest Downtime (DT), natural result @ affordable prices. :roll:

aiden07
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 29 May 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby aiden07 » Sat, 06 Aug 2011 12:42 am

hi guys, i jus did a filler job @ mei li xin zheng shuo. initial effects were awesome but it went down.

im planning to do it e surgical way but may i knw when would be a safer time for me to do it? i heard it's dangerous to do it with e filler still intact?

advice pls.

im a male, 26

tinkerbell88
Regular
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri, 20 May 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby tinkerbell88 » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 1:13 am

Dear Aiden 07,
what filler did you have done? Where is this Mei LI Xin Zheng Shuo? Fillers as far as I know are supposed to last for 6-9 months, that's what my doc said about my laugh line fillers. She used Restylane for me and it's still there 4 months later, and looks natural. I love it. What did you have? How long did yours last and where was it injected? You should probably ask for some professional advice from a doc who performs fillers regularly and see what he/she says about surgery. What surgery were you thinking of having? Cheek implants?
tinkerbell88

spykcu
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue, 21 Jun 2011

Postby spykcu » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 10:38 pm

Passing By_1 wrote:Hi I am pretty new here... I would like to know anyone have good doc to recommend for nose job as I've done my very first ones in 2005 in Gleneagles by one of the famous doc... It turned out to be ok...and then a year later, I went back to reduce my nose by removing some flesh at the side of my nose, hence, my nostrils became smaller and I could not put my finger into it... The worst case was less than 6 months, there was side-effect whereby the implant shifted and caused a dent on my nose tip...
Thus, i went for my 3rd surgery just to "protect" my implant by removing a catrige from my right ear to act as a cushion on the nose tip... Nevertheless, the surgery failed. It did not help at all... hence, I've no choice but to go thru' my 4th surgery to remove my implant and my catrige... I was very upset and angry as I've spent on alot of money just to went thru' a failed surgery especially I've to scarifice my ear catrige for nothing and now even my right ear also became slightly smaller whereby I could even dig my ear with my finger as compared to last time... most importantly, I've ended with a dented nose ...
As a result, I've to go for my 5th and 6th surgery to stitch back on d dented nose after 1 year as it need to let the nose heal since it has been operated for many times.... And, the scar is still obvious on my nose tip...it has made me very sad since then... Now, it has been almost 5 years now... I've no choice but to decide to go for another surgery to make my scar less obvious and most importantly, I want to have a better breathing as my nostrils are so small that even my last finger as cannot insert in...as I've to use cotton bud to clean my nostrils... It has been so much torture and I am looking for a new hope to help me re-build my confidence as i could not accept the failure after so many years of the failed surgery... I really need help is there any good doc good in nose revision....Thank you...



sad story. have you considered korea or taiwan?
ftopic50308.html
ftopic74205.html

spykcu
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue, 21 Jun 2011

Postby spykcu » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 10:43 pm

perfectionist88 wrote:have anyone done double eyelid surgery or rhinoplasty with Dr Tan Ying Chien from Sloane Clinic or Dr Wong Saw Yeen from Gleneagles? I've called to check, pricing are very similar, am just not sure if they are good, anyone?

Have put Woffles and Martin out of the picture as they are a tad too ex for me... Woffles quoted me $15,900 for Gore-Tex implant with ear cartilage grafts and $4,600 for double eyelid surgery. Martin charges between $8,000 - $10,000 for rhinoplasty under local anaesthesia and $2,000 - $5,000 for double eyelid surgery. I'm really not ready to pay such amounts!

or are there anywhere else in Singapore that you guys would recommend? can't wait to get a nose job!


I regret not doing abroad

ValerieY
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon, 30 May 2011

Postby ValerieY » Fri, 12 Aug 2011 3:44 am

Hello Perfectionist..

I'm in the recovery period of Double Eyelid Creation Surgery with Dr SY Wong @ Gleneagles.

He was very patient throughout consultation. What I liked was when I told him I wanted to do Epi as well, he stated at me for a moment, and told me not to go for it. His reason was that if I were to further enlarge the corner, it will make my eyes too weird looking. And he doesn't want to charge extra money by doing something which he doesn't feel comfortable with.

That was what made me decide on going on with the op with him. Being a doctor, ESP an asethetic one, their priorities is still to give the best possible outcome to the patient, with the patients' interest.. Not money / profit driven.

I'm glad he wasn't afraid to discourage me from doing epi.
Won't want my eyes to end up looking bad when my sgl + dbl eyelids have just been (nicely I hope) corrected.

Will try to post the pictures up soon!



perfectionist88 wrote:have anyone done double eyelid surgery or rhinoplasty with Dr Tan Ying Chien from Sloane Clinic or Dr Wong Saw Yeen from Gleneagles? I've called to check, pricing are very similar, am just not sure if they are good, anyone?

Have put Woffles and Martin out of the picture as they are a tad too ex for me... Woffles quoted me $15,900 for Gore-Tex implant with ear cartilage grafts and $4,600 for double eyelid surgery. Martin charges between $8,000 - $10,000 for rhinoplasty under local anaesthesia and $2,000 - $5,000 for double eyelid surgery. I'm really not ready to pay such amounts!

or are there anywhere else in Singapore that you guys would recommend? can't wait to get a nose job!

pantschick
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 19 Apr 2011

Postby pantschick » Fri, 12 Aug 2011 2:36 pm

i am wanting to get some botox injections in my nose and chin.

If anyone have been happy with thier doc, can you PM me the details?

Looking to get it done in singapore.

DBQueen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 11 Dec 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby DBQueen » Sun, 14 Aug 2011 12:44 am

I know Woffles Wu but he is just TOO xpansive for his name/brand though prof skills and experiences.

Anytime I'll recommended the top plastic surgeon in Seoul, Korea- Dr Park from Wonjin. My gf has just have her almost painless rhinoplasty with her own ear cartilege by Dr Park 2 weeks ago and has recovered since. She paid S$10k all in, with homemade soup, FREE mobile to use, accomodation, follow up checks and all medicine thrown in.

This is what i call professional and safe treatment!

PM me if you wish to know more on PS/ CS in Seoul, Korea and also see her photos before and after!

aiden07
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 29 May 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby aiden07 » Sun, 14 Aug 2011 5:19 pm

oh that's a clinic in taipei. costs me around 21k tw dollars.
initial effects wasnt bad. but it goes down fast.
and i've no idea what was injected into me... i didn't know what to expect and did not do any research on it. it was more of an impromtu decision.

next step i would want to get a permanent surgery to fix my nose but i heard it's unwise to do so when there's still fillers in my nose ya?

i wonder what sld i do next...

tinkerbell88 wrote:Dear Aiden 07,
what filler did you have done? Where is this Mei LI Xin Zheng Shuo? Fillers as far as I know are supposed to last for 6-9 months, that's what my doc said about my laugh line fillers. She used Restylane for me and it's still there 4 months later, and looks natural. I love it. What did you have? How long did yours last and where was it injected? You should probably ask for some professional advice from a doc who performs fillers regularly and see what he/she says about surgery. What surgery were you thinking of having? Cheek implants?

123libuse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 14 Aug 2011
Location: luton england

Re: Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Postby 123libuse » Sun, 14 Aug 2011 10:23 pm

I would certainly reccommend going to Europe. Less sunny climates (lower infection risks) and from my own experience the best by far are in Prague.



elena wrote::D
Hi everbody, I am new to this forum, but its rather usefull so far.
I am planning to have a tummy tuck and lipo toward the end of the year and was researching the options. Should I go back to Europe to have it done, or do it in Singapore. I went to see Dr Woffles and all looks well, though expensive and he was a bit arrogant. Dont want to do it in Bangkok as I hear to many bad stories from there. Last week I was watching Fasttrack on BBC world and they featured a company in Penang called Beautiful Holidays, it looked great and the quote I got from them is intresting. Has anybody been there or have friends who have been there?? Would love to know about your experience! :P Thanks

hey,Chloe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat, 23 Jul 2011

Postby hey,Chloe » Tue, 16 Aug 2011 9:18 am

No advertisements or solicitations allowed. Please use the classifieds for that.

-Moderator

magical
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed, 07 Jul 2010

Postby magical » Mon, 22 Aug 2011 2:50 am

Hey everyone!

I've decided to go to VIP Korea Plastic surgery clinic for Rhinoplasty using silicone and ear cartilage and maybe V-line Jaw Reduction, Lateral Canthoplasty Surgeries at one go!

Might be going next year cos need to save up some money first hehe!
If anyone interested to go, you can join me =) :D
Next: Rhinoplasty + Tip-Plasty
Done: Blepharoplasty + Epicanthoplasty Surgery @Dr Chirayut 7 June 2011

bao2
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 19 Apr 2010

Postby bao2 » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 12:58 pm

magical wrote:Hey everyone!

I've decided to go to VIP Korea Plastic surgery clinic for Rhinoplasty using silicone and ear cartilage and maybe V-line Jaw Reduction, Lateral Canthoplasty Surgeries at one go!

Might be going next year cos need to save up some money first hehe!
If anyone interested to go, you can join me =) :D


hihi may i noe hw much u did for the past surgery ?? gt pic to show ? i tot of doin nose n eyes in korea . gt double eyelid already bt tot of making it nicer


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest