Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
User avatar
blessedrekyo
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue, 19 Oct 2010
Location: Central, Singapore

Design Veronique #1653 for sales (new)

Postby blessedrekyo » Wed, 24 Nov 2010 9:12 pm

I've bought one pc of size M (beige) and one pc of size L (black and beige each) of Design Veronique #1653 compression garment, Stage 2, to let go. Becos size too small and wanted to let go at S$170 Veronique (new) each, or S$300 for two pcs. Anyone interested pls PM and let me know. :)

DBQueen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 11 Dec 2010
Location: Singapore

Re: Breast enhancement

Postby DBQueen » Sat, 11 Dec 2010 1:04 am

Can anyone share on their experiences of breast enhancement and the cost involved?

I am considering macrolene or saline implants done either in Singapore or Korea!

Austin00
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 08 Dec 2010

Postby Austin00 » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 5:35 pm

Hi

I have heard about the Singapore breast enlargement. but I had mine form Mexico. I would say you that there can be more revised complexities while surgeries then choose for the reliable and better one.

Pal
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1133
Joined: Wed, 23 Jul 2003
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby Pal » Tue, 11 Jan 2011 4:19 pm

*Bump*
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Dating | Forum | Property
Image

Bibi1984
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 24 Jan 2011

Postby Bibi1984 » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 4:56 pm

This has been such an informative thread!
I'm sorry if some posts did say this... But how many of the posters here getting surgery on your nose are Caucasian? Some of the exp posts made me assume they are Asian ( eyelid revisions and such) but I am so worried about how well some places would work with a Caucasian nose.

I am moving to Korea for 4 years this spring and am very interested in getting a minor tweak or two on my nose. My tip is a bit fat /shapeless and a bit low, so I was really interested in having this taken care of while I am living there. I am a white ( 27/ F ) and my husband is Korean.. So I at least have someone to help me with the language barrier. Just worried about some docs lack of exp with non Asian noses... Kinda like how some docs in areas of the USA have little exp or un-natural results with Asian noses sometimes..

If anyone could share some exp, info, warnings, photos of your surgery... Or point me to a doc in Korea that I can trust with my Italian/Irish nose~ I would be sooooo grateful!!

regretful28
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 24 Jan 2011

Nose revision

Postby regretful28 » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 8:00 pm

Hi, I had a nose surgery with ear cartilage implant for bridge and tip. I hated it so much that I am in total depression now. Will someone tell me if it is possible to take out the ear cartilage fully from the nose, and if my nose will return to my old nose if I take it out as I do not wish to replace with anything else. Or my nose shape will change or it will be very complicated to take out the ear cartilage fully after it is bond with the skin?? I don't seem to find any information on the internet that someone with full ear cartilage nose job removing it.

Lee Ann
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 26 Jan 2011

Postby Lee Ann » Wed, 26 Jan 2011 11:59 am

charms101 wrote:
purin81 wrote:
goodearth100 wrote:SKN doesn't perform cosmetic surgery. They only provide procedures that are non-invasive.


Yup, agree. Only non invasive procedures n treatments


SKN has terrible service. In the first place, the doctor uses terrible china nurses that cant speak english and practically force packages down your throat. Real low class!

Worse still the nurse actually called my house and revealed all details about the procedures to my parents.


Yes, I agree. I went to SKN for hair removal & they practically tried to shove all & sundry packages down my throat. Very unprofessional. The nurses behaved like those in one of the cheap neighbourhood beauty salons. No doubt that they have a target to meet.

Lee Ann
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 26 Jan 2011

Re: Nose revision

Postby Lee Ann » Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:08 pm

regretful28 wrote:Hi, I had a nose surgery with ear cartilage implant for bridge and tip. I hated it so much that I am in total depression now. Will someone tell me if it is possible to take out the ear cartilage fully from the nose, and if my nose will return to my old nose if I take it out as I do not wish to replace with anything else. Or my nose shape will change or it will be very complicated to take out the ear cartilage fully after it is bond with the skin?? I don't seem to find any information on the internet that someone with full ear cartilage nose job removing it.


Hi there, where did you get yours done? I just had a nose surgery as well. Mine went very well (attributable to the experience of my surgeon plus no doubt, the hefty price tag).

I think it best to bring pictures of what you want your nose / eyes / face to look like after surgery, that way, it gives the surgeon an idea of your expectations; plus it also allows them to manage your expectations & be realistic with you about what can & cannot be achieved.

Be careful about revision surgery - there's only so many times you can revise it (check out that article on the makeup artist who revised his nose like 6 times or so & it collapsed on the 7th revision).

regretful28
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 24 Jan 2011

Postby regretful28 » Wed, 26 Jan 2011 4:14 pm

I am glad that you are happy with your new nose, may I know which surgeon you went to? Did you augment your nose with only ear cartilage as well? I did not ask for a very nice nose, all I want was to raise my bridge a little, as my original bridge was not too bad, and pull down my slightly upturned nose. I don't want a actress nose, so I did not bring any photo, I just want a more defined nose. But the result now is, my bridge looks very weird, espcially from side view, and there is a hump on my bridge, while probably due to uneven swelling, but the worst and most important is my nose tip, which is my ultimate intention to go under the knife. My nose tip is much more upturned than before and my nostrils are bigger and hence more exposed when view from the front and worst still, I seem to lost my nose tip, not only it is undefined but tip is no longer there, I don't know if you understand what I am trying to say. I take the surgery too lightly and did not do enough research, because now only I found out that to correct an upturn nose is to use septal cartilage instead of ear cartilage. So I definetely need a revision since my surgeon did not even fulfil the most basic thing that I asked for. please let me know who is your surgeon. Thanks.

Lee Ann
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 26 Jan 2011

Postby Lee Ann » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:51 am

regretful28 wrote:I am glad that you are happy with your new nose, may I know which surgeon you went to? Did you augment your nose with only ear cartilage as well? I did not ask for a very nice nose, all I want was to raise my bridge a little, as my original bridge was not too bad, and pull down my slightly upturned nose. I don't want a actress nose, so I did not bring any photo, I just want a more defined nose. But the result now is, my bridge looks very weird, espcially from side view, and there is a hump on my bridge, while probably due to uneven swelling, but the worst and most important is my nose tip, which is my ultimate intention to go under the knife. My nose tip is much more upturned than before and my nostrils are bigger and hence more exposed when view from the front and worst still, I seem to lost my nose tip, not only it is undefined but tip is no longer there, I don't know if you understand what I am trying to say. I take the surgery too lightly and did not do enough research, because now only I found out that to correct an upturn nose is to use septal cartilage instead of ear cartilage. So I definetely need a revision since my surgeon did not even fulfil the most basic thing that I asked for. please let me know who is your surgeon. Thanks.


Oh dear me.. No, i did not augment anything, my nose was already huge as it was :D I merely reduced the tip, turned it downward slightly (seems to be the same issue you have).

I went to Woffles Wu. I did not show him a picture either, what we did was hold a mirror & sketch lines on my face about what my perceived problems were. I guess the surgeon's input is as important as your own, cuz sometimes, alot of what we want may not look great in combination with the rest of our features.

Side bar - I had considered Korean surgeons as well. But I wasn't comfortable with the mass market makeover that they proposed. It seemed to me (at least with the 2 Korean surgeons I consulted) that the answer to most plastic surgery requests were L-silicon implants & epi. Do read the either post by plastic girl - its a pretty detailed & accurate assessment of the Korean PS market. I'm not saying that Korean PS is bad; its jus not for me.

regretful28
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 24 Jan 2011

Postby regretful28 » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:32 pm

Hi Lee Ann, may I know how your surgeon manage to bring down your tip, with septal cartilage?

Lee Ann
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 26 Jan 2011

Postby Lee Ann » Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:10 am

regretful28 wrote:Hi Lee Ann, may I know how your surgeon manage to bring down your tip, with septal cartilage?


Yea, it was a very slight downward adjustment, so I didnt need any grafting. He could jus use what excess cartilage I had from the tip of my nose. Actually, i hadn't even thot of adjusting the tip downwards; but post surgery, I guess it does make some sense :)

Now i'm considering other enhancements too :D

regretful28
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 24 Jan 2011

Postby regretful28 » Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:07 pm

Thanks for the infor. I guess the right surgeon is really important. I wished I had gone to him instead. Now that I used my ear cartilage and I got a pig nose in return. *SOB* My original nose was much nicer in any angle than this pig nose.

daniel111
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 28 Jan 2011

Postby daniel111 » Fri, 28 Jan 2011 6:03 pm

Hi people . I am 18 and i am a guy with feminine features : / . Its really hard in this society as ppl tend to look at me as a homo but i am not .

My jawline is not refined and my nose bridge is not sharp . I would be happy if someone can recommend me jawline implant surgeries and rhinoplasty abroad that is affordable . * saving up now * Hopefully some of you guys can help me out

wannabeplasticteen
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun, 16 May 2010

Postby wannabeplasticteen » Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:21 pm

Hi daniel.

I know this is going to sound quite hypocritical of me because I am a teen myself considering getting surgery done, but I think you should think twice about getting surgery before committing to it.

The feminine look is quite the in look these days, think along the lines of kpop stars! Being a pretty boy is not a bad thing, and yes, there are A LOT of girls out there who'd go crazy for that look.

I believe getting PS done is quite a drastic and pivotal decision (no matter how invasive or not), moreover you are contemplating doing it abroad. And I think the main reason for getting something like that done should be because we want to do it for our OWN selves. Not for other people nor some hot girl who you think will look your way after getting this done.

Being teased or labelled is part and parcel of being a teen... Hell, its part and parcel of Life! The most important thing is that we do not let the negative get to us and drive us to do things like... well... this. I believe if we remain composed, it shows that we are better than that.

I'm not here to judge because I do not know who you are or how long you have been tormented by being labelled. But maybe through reading this, putting things in a different light, might help you consider the pros and cons of getting PS.

If you still intend to go ahead with surgery, I wish you all the best. Just bear in mind that a beautiful personality and a good heart shines brighter than any slim pointy nose ever can.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests