Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
rhpsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 28 Aug 2008

Postby rhpsg » Fri, 17 Oct 2008 2:37 pm

:)
Last edited by rhpsg on Sun, 19 Oct 2008 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

steering_dreams
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 15 Oct 2008

Postby steering_dreams » Sat, 18 Oct 2008 3:40 pm

ukorientalgirl wrote:
steering_dreams wrote:hello all!
it's my first time posting and it wasnt easy to read 500++ pages of replies.
i know this is PS abroad but i cant find the PS SG thread.
anyway, i would like to do a rhinoplasty in sg. any comments abt dr woffle wu regarding nose job?
im 20 this year n still schooling. am i too young for it?
thanks for sharing :)


No your definately not too young for it. Although I dont live in singapore iv heard martin huang is very good, iv seen some of his work and its quite impressive.


ohh. but martin huang is priceyyy. famous blogger xiaxue did it for a whooping SGD12,000!
have u heard abt woffles wu too? u from uk? :)))

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2008

Postby cersepn » Sat, 18 Oct 2008 9:34 pm

she didnt pay leh. it is free -_-

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby ukorientalgirl » Sat, 18 Oct 2008 9:56 pm

steering_dreams

Yes I am based in the UK. where are you from? I heard he was pricey but i thought it was in the same price range as woffles wu. I have heard of woffles wu as he gets alot of media attention. Ive heard he is also very skillful but expensive too!

x

rhpsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 28 Aug 2008

Postby rhpsg » Sun, 19 Oct 2008 12:57 am

I was actually quoted by Dr. Kao of Taiwan, he has operated on some of our forum members here. Read here on one of the pages that his rate is at a maximum of 110,000 NTD for rib graft Rhinoplasty (which would make that just under SGD 5k?). I would be doing refinements with ear cartilage. Just checking with you guys if I may have the conversion rates wrong (wouldn't want to arrive with insufficient funds!). Thank you : )

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2008

Postby cersepn » Sun, 19 Oct 2008 8:30 am

if im not wrong, to get a better quote, you can email him with several pics of your face first.

rhpsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 28 Aug 2008

Postby rhpsg » Sun, 19 Oct 2008 3:32 pm

:) Yes, I had an online consultation with the doctor, hence the quote I received. Was hoping to check with past patients of Dr Kao here if I am right on track with the currency conversion.

1 TWD = 0.0453716 SGD ?

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby ukorientalgirl » Sun, 19 Oct 2008 8:53 pm

May I ask for DR Kao's email address and website please?

x

steering_dreams
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 15 Oct 2008

Postby steering_dreams » Sun, 19 Oct 2008 9:03 pm

yeah the NTD conversion is correct.

anyway have u girls considered about what yr frens will say/gossip about u after doing ps?
im qt worried abt what my frens will think of me but i guess maybe that's their problem coz it's my personal choice to go for ps.

rhpsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 28 Aug 2008

Postby rhpsg » Sun, 19 Oct 2008 9:50 pm

ukorientalgirl wrote:May I ask for DR Kao's email address and website please?


Dear ukorientalgirl, Dr Kao's website is located at: http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/face-nose

Taken from the Taiwan Plastic Surgery thread:

Dr Kao Chuan Hsiang

"An ENT specialist reputed to be one of the best rhinoplasty surgeons in Taiwan and he is based in Taipei. He furthered his studies in US at the University of San Diego. He does autologous and artificial (silicone and goretex) implants). He is very well known in Taiwan and is frequently interviewed. He also provides mini face lifts, botox injections, restylane injections, blepharoplasty and chin augmentations."


To the left hand column, you will find direct links to patient pre and post operation photographs in various categories. You may contact Dr Kao directly at chuanhsiang @ yahoo . com . tw
Last edited by rhpsg on Sun, 19 Oct 2008 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rhpsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 28 Aug 2008

Postby rhpsg » Sun, 19 Oct 2008 9:55 pm

steering_dreams wrote:yeah the NTD conversion is correct.

anyway have u girls considered about what yr frens will say/gossip about u after doing ps?
im qt worried abt what my frens will think of me but i guess maybe that's their problem coz it's my personal choice to go for ps.


Thank you :)

You can't please everyone - a realistic expectation would be anticipating the possibility of gossip of some sort from people you are not on good terms with. If friends disapprove, they should express their concern and be honest about it - true friends would never gossip behind your back. Hope this helps

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby ukorientalgirl » Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:03 pm

Thank you for the link rhpsg and contact details, i unfortunately cant read chinese though, but i will still contact him.

x

rhpsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 28 Aug 2008

Postby rhpsg » Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:19 pm

ukorientalgirl wrote:Thank you for the link rhpsg and contact details, i unfortunately cant read chinese though, but i will still contact him.





Goodness I am terrible at Mandarin myself, can't speak or read - had to do some guess work in navigating my way around the site. Dr Kao does write some of his enteries in English and the information page is written in English especially for foreigners. Dr Kao speaks and writes in English well enough, my online consultation with him went smoothly and he understood me very well. He was also very polite, patient, thorough and sincere :) Best of luck!
Last edited by rhpsg on Tue, 21 Oct 2008 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2008

Postby ukorientalgirl » Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:29 pm

rhpsg wrote:
ukorientalgirl wrote:Thank you for the link rhpsg and contact details, i unfortunately cant read chinese though, but i will still contact him.





Goodness I am terribly at Mandarin myself, can't speak or read - had to do some guess work in navigating my way around the site. Dr Kao does write some of his enteries in English and the information page is written in English especially for foreigners. Dr Kao speaks and writes in English well enough, my online consultation with him went smoothly and he understood me very well. He was also very polite, patient, thorough and sincere :) Best of luck!


What are you planning to have done with him if you dont mind me asking. I would like my nose and chin done and buccal fat removal if he does that....

x

rhpsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 28 Aug 2008

Postby rhpsg » Mon, 20 Oct 2008 1:58 pm

ukorientalgirl wrote:
rhpsg wrote:
ukorientalgirl wrote:Thank you for the link rhpsg and contact details, i unfortunately cant read chinese though, but i will still contact him.


Goodness I am terribly at Mandarin myself, can't speak or read - had to do some guess work in navigating my way around the site. Dr Kao does write some of his enteries in English and the information page is written in English especially for foreigners. Dr Kao speaks and writes in English well enough, my online consultation with him went smoothly and he understood me very well. He was also very polite, patient, thorough and sincere :) Best of luck!


What are you planning to have done with him if you dont mind me asking. I would like my nose and chin done and buccal fat removal if he does that....


Of course not at all, I would like to have a rhinoplasty, modest improvements, nothing overtly drastic. I also mentioned a chin augmentation, but in his honest opinion I did not need it and I have since decided to forgo the idea. When the time comes, it will be my first time under the knife and I am quite nervous thinking about it! I have yet to finalise and organise an appointment though. You may like to enquire if he does buccal fat removal, a good idea would be to include a few frontal and lateral head shots along with your questions and your desires, and he will assist you as best as he can :)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests