Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
victorie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri, 16 May 2008

Postby victorie » Sun, 18 May 2008 3:54 pm

that's right vickyabc! Thanks for sharing the pictures...gave us a better understanding and is a timely encouragment. you look really gorgeous! do pm me and leave your msn contact, would like to understand on pre and post surgery treatment. thank joo (:

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Re: Dr. KIM BYUNG GUN

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 18 May 2008 8:23 pm

kwelll wrote:Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:40 pm Post subject: Dr. KIM BYUNG GUN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about Dr. Kim setting up a clinic here right in the heart of SG???

Eat ya hearts out, guys ! It might just come true sooner than you can blink ya eyes.

This man is not losing sight of his cake here

New Paper Extract 18 May


yah i posted it last year even b4 jung came to this forum. anyway still waiting for him to come and open the market for more alternatives and hopefully bring down the price for everyone benefit.

it is cheaper to do PS in korea than singapore thou korea is more expensive plc to live in
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 18 May 2008 8:25 pm

aadvark wrote:
ohlala_PS wrote:anyone knows which doc does forehead implant?

i feel that it's better to do forehead and nose at the same time with a doc who can do both well, since he can sculpture better this way.

A higher forehead really goes well with a high nose !


how many ways are there to do forehead augmentation? i enquired at yanhee, and they do silicone, are there other types?


goretex.. but not much doctor have it. must check around..
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 18 May 2008 8:29 pm

DMN wrote:
mintgirl wrote:I don't know whether to go to dr hsu or dr chuang
I was originally planning to use goretex for my rhino, but then after hearing about rib cartilage I was like ' hmmm...that sounds like the safer option'
but now???!! After emailing dr chuang, he said this about using rib cartilage
'I did a lot of total rib rhinoplasty in the past. However the side effect and complication make me unlike to do this operation. There will be possible warpping issue anytime after operation so you will always worry about your nose. Once the issue is appeared it is not fixable all the time. Besides the chest wall scar is another issue especially you would like to do breast augmentation. We charge___ including general anaesthesia for this surgery.'

ahhh!! I dunno what to do...do you guys think it's better to use rib or what? I don't want it to warp =/


Hi mintgirl and 'old' friends from the forums!

I m in Hong Kong on biz so will only 'try' my best to upload my photos when I can get decent pics taken of my nose and my scar from rib cartilage rhino. (Still an idiot in tis department........... :P)

This 21st, it will be 5 months since my op with Dr. Hsu with rib cartilage. I can tell you for sure my nose is not warping and nurses/staff of my face aesthetic doc can tell you the same. Understand tt if it hasnt warped, it will not warp from now on....

Also, many who hv not seen me for a while hv no idea why my face has 'slimmed' down and stands out better. I guess this is what I wld term 'natural' for ppl like us who sort Rhinoplasty. Just my personal opinion - the doc you named has some upward rotated nose in his site which in person wld be 'un-natural'. This is also a common sight of some forummers who went to that money-grabbing doc in Korea aided by those ultra-friendly super-service commission-taking brokers in denial. :mad:

As for the scar, it has shrunk to about 1.25 inch. I did not do much 'maintenance' nor any laser treatment on it. Still reddish tho subsided. Can be further reduced with cream according to my doc who does regular laser for me. Personally, having gone thru a Goretex transplant, this is a small price to pay for long term nose structure stability. In fact, it is not even a 'price' to pay cos I dun 'wear' my chest on my face everyday or need to wear bikinis to impress.... hahaha...

My 2 cents worth: Am not a doc who speaks about expertise - which I do not know better.....I am just a patient who knows for sure I will have NO foreign implant worries in months or years down the road.

Measure your threhold carefully and reduce your risks/regrets! Gd luck!

cheers,
DMN


rib bones from nose can still warp within 1st year, usually. if not lesser chance of warping after that. another problem is huge self absortion faced by some ppl only. every surgery and procedures has risk involved it depends on the self, luck and also the skill of the doctors

i think can check dr jung website about his stuides on rib bone rhinoplasty


Warping rib pics
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1

donated rib bone
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1

successful rib bone rhinoplasty
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1

Best rib bone to harvest
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1

Warping of costal cartilage - autologous cartilage
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1

Keloids from harvesting bone for rhino?
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1
Last edited by tanjhj on Sun, 18 May 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 18 May 2008 8:43 pm

Both Top Rhinoplasty Specialist

http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1

Dr Jung and Dr Toriumi


Correction of bulbous nose

http://www.nose.co.kr/english/recent/re ... LangType=1
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed, 27 Sep 2006

Postby tanjhj » Sun, 18 May 2008 9:22 pm

anyway make sure u can enough backup $ before go PS oversea in case need revision. need to fly there again and stay there too.
Golden Rules of PS:

1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need

2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face

3)Work on your confidence 1st

User avatar
appletree
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri, 02 Mar 2007

Postby appletree » Mon, 19 May 2008 3:59 am

tanjhj wrote:
DMN wrote:
mintgirl wrote:I don't know whether to go to dr hsu or dr chuang
I was originally planning to use goretex for my rhino, but then after hearing about rib cartilage I was like ' hmmm...that sounds like the safer option'
but now???!! After emailing dr chuang, he said this about using rib cartilage
'I did a lot of total rib rhinoplasty in the past. However the side effect and complication make me unlike to do this operation. There will be possible warpping issue anytime after operation so you will always worry about your nose. Once the issue is appeared it is not fixable all the time. Besides the chest wall scar is another issue especially you would like to do breast augmentation. We charge___ including general anaesthesia for this surgery.'

ahhh!! I dunno what to do...do you guys think it's better to use rib or what? I don't want it to warp =/


Hi mintgirl and 'old' friends from the forums!

I m in Hong Kong on biz so will only 'try' my best to upload my photos when I can get decent pics taken of my nose and my scar from rib cartilage rhino. (Still an idiot in tis department........... :P)

This 21st, it will be 5 months since my op with Dr. Hsu with rib cartilage. I can tell you for sure my nose is not warping and nurses/staff of my face aesthetic doc can tell you the same. Understand tt if it hasnt warped, it will not warp from now on....

Also, many who hv not seen me for a while hv no idea why my face has 'slimmed' down and stands out better. I guess this is what I wld term 'natural' for ppl like us who sort Rhinoplasty. Just my personal opinion - the doc you named has some upward rotated nose in his site which in person wld be 'un-natural'. This is also a common sight of some forummers who went to that money-grabbing doc in Korea aided by those ultra-friendly super-service commission-taking brokers in denial. :mad:

As for the scar, it has shrunk to about 1.25 inch. I did not do much 'maintenance' nor any laser treatment on it. Still reddish tho subsided. Can be further reduced with cream according to my doc who does regular laser for me. Personally, having gone thru a Goretex transplant, this is a small price to pay for long term nose structure stability. In fact, it is not even a 'price' to pay cos I dun 'wear' my chest on my face everyday or need to wear bikinis to impress.... hahaha...

My 2 cents worth: Am not a doc who speaks about expertise - which I do not know better.....I am just a patient who knows for sure I will have NO foreign implant worries in months or years down the road.

Measure your threhold carefully and reduce your risks/regrets! Gd luck!

cheers,
DMN


rib bones from nose can still warp within 1st year, usually. if not lesser chance of warping after that. another problem is huge self absortion faced by some ppl only. every surgery and procedures has risk involved it depends on the self, luck and also the skill of the doctors

i think can check dr jung website about his stuides on rib bone rhinoplasty


Warping rib pics
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1

donated rib bone
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1

successful rib bone rhinoplasty
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1

Best rib bone to harvest
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1

Warping of costal cartilage - autologous cartilage
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1

Keloids from harvesting bone for rhino?
http://www.nose.co.kr/english/know/read ... LangType=1


Hi tanjhj,

thanks for sharing the info..
about rib warping ..it might be possible, but for rib to dissolve will not be huge. Cartiledge.. might have the problem only i guess..

User avatar
appletree
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri, 02 Mar 2007

Postby appletree » Mon, 19 May 2008 4:06 am

As for the warping issue and cartiledge issue, i've extracted out part of Dr Hsu's reply. Hope it helps. :)

" Many people afriad of rib warping...However, even silicone implant or Goretex maybe slanted or deviated. So...what do you think?
the warping rate is about 10%, and can be corrected with a minor revision surggery
all the cartilage can last for your life. it will not be disappear all. usually cartilage will be smaller for 10-15% in 1-2 years. then stable for your life"

mintgirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon, 05 May 2008

Postby mintgirl » Mon, 19 May 2008 4:39 am

woah....I don't know what to do. Even dr hsu's like it will warp and there might be need for a revision
I don't want to spend more money and go through more pain if I were to get nose surgery

sigh....

am in a dilemna

do you guys think rib cartilage is the way to go and that we should just take the chance or what ?/

Shiyun777
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat, 17 May 2008
Contact:

Postby Shiyun777 » Mon, 19 May 2008 9:41 am

I was too tempted to enhance the nose, yet after reading all the concerns for revisions naturally occuring in rhinoplasty, I get put off. I did research further in the physiological aspect of the human body which helps me understand why the nose would react in a certain way after surgery.

The reason for warping , slanting, after nose surgery could be since our body is smart enough to know what's natural and what belongs to their family, so all foreign objects detected is likely to cause extrusion, in the action of rejection from the body and fibrosis as the body natural defense system to attempt to trap the foreign 'particle' from spreading to the rest of the body.

When fibrosis occur, this will contribute in another 1-2mm of height for the nose, however, it's not enough just to focus on the cosmetic aspect of an anatomy, the physiological aspect will govern the vital comort and good functions for the anatomy and prevent complications in the long run.

Seems what's best is not to touch the nose unnecessary. :o It seems revisions is ineveitable in the long term.
Beauty is a matter of the providence will

User avatar
appletree
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri, 02 Mar 2007

Postby appletree » Tue, 20 May 2008 1:30 am

mintgirl wrote:woah....I don't know what to do. Even dr hsu's like it will warp and there might be need for a revision
I don't want to spend more money and go through more pain if I were to get nose surgery

sigh....

am in a dilemna

do you guys think rib cartilage is the way to go and that we should just take the chance or what ?/


I would still go for rib cartilage even though there might be possible chance of warping. Even implants also will have chances of warping too, thats what happens to my implant now..gosh

pink_fuchsia
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu, 20 Mar 2008
Location: singapore

Postby pink_fuchsia » Tue, 20 May 2008 12:15 pm

vickyabc wrote:Btw can anyone tell me what's the diif between sillicon and Goretex? which r better?

Heard that goretex is much natural to touch but its difficult for future revision *touchwood* as it binds with ur flesh???

Many thanks! :wink:


Hi vickyabc.

i tried to PM u but always ended up in the outbox... couldn't manage to send out. i have done a nose job wif dr chuang 10 days ago... pls email me @ kohcheryl@hotmail.com

thanks ya.

User avatar
aska
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon, 12 May 2008

Postby aska » Wed, 21 May 2008 6:11 pm

vickyabc wrote:
aska wrote:
vickyabc wrote:Btw can anyone tell me what's the diif between sillicon and Goretex? which r better?

Heard that goretex is much natural to touch but its difficult for future revision *touchwood* as it binds with ur flesh???

Many thanks! :wink:

how about rhinoplasty and implant..... or filler which is the best?



i had filler done b4. not much effect. and there is a risk of having bumps if not done properly.

Hi? I'm planning to have Filler which Dr said his one is not harmful. and obserb by d body,,,
I'm afraid that if i had nose job once i had to go again,and again...
Looks like ppl always do.
Do i wasting $ or i should try once?
Thank's buddy
Better be Fly head than Tiger tail (mongol's theory)

Shiyun777
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat, 17 May 2008
Contact:

Postby Shiyun777 » Thu, 22 May 2008 12:31 pm

anyone knows if any tour agency for japan tour also incorporates cosmetic & plastic surgery as a fun & memorable package ?

I'd like to know where are the places in Japan highly recommended to do nose. I know the sensitivities of the nose and wouldn't want to end up like whacko Jackson. Why is why I am investing the best for just nose.

I don't know how to speak japanese. And I heard that those clinics which yield really good results are not those rumored to be famous type, the really good ones are sort what hidden from public view and more by the word of mouth, and even if they do have a website, it's usally in japanese and no translation for English. They are more of the traditional types.

Certainly I shunned all those NATO specialties. (Talk Only No Significant Action) Ain't wanna spell big disaster from empty promises, under delivery , over expectation and DOOMED REGRET.

Is there anyone with real japanese background that can help me here? I have some websites seeking for translation. I can show it to you only if are a real japanese expert.

Because I want to keep this clinic secret as being a woman, many don't reveal to you who their plastic surgeon is for fear they know themselves.

Any real japanese here who wish to help me, million thanks and let's meet over a meal and it's my treat to show a token of appreciation for the translation help! :)
Beauty is a matter of the providence will

lalalalala
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2008

Postby lalalalala » Thu, 22 May 2008 9:53 pm

thanks!
Last edited by lalalalala on Sat, 24 May 2008 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests