Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:39 am

Hi Ocean11!

Yah i did my nosejob in Taiwan, and i am in Taipei again now... wah i think i can migrate already. I came back 2 weeks ago, stayed in Singapore for 1 week and here i am again. This is in fact my 4th trip within 2 months. I went back to the clinic and removed stitches.

Actually you know what, i've been starting to think about my life after the breakup. I was remorseful and I was bitter. But now i think i have a really good life! I got a new job and i lead my life differently, from how it used to be. I don't know should i hate him or should i be grateful that i changed my life to a better one, all thanks to him. Opps, too much of my private thing here, tell you more when we meet up! wow, sure we have alot to talk when we meet. Hee.

I am currently in Taipei, will be coming back on friday. We can meet up for dinner next week yah? I don't really quite know how to use this forum, i will try PM you my HP number...

/Jovin
Last edited by jovinliu on Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:42 am

Errrr ocean11, I looked around and can't find where to PM. But i know if i have private message though. So can you PM me instead your HP number or email?

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 8:58 am

Hi Jovinliu,
PM u already!
I been to Taipei twice.. I missed the 'Lu rou fan' Yummy!!!!!!!! i only missed their foods.. oh my gosh.. drooling now..

I am really happy for u that u had finally found wat u want in life.. and i am sure ur ex guy will be remorseful and feel sorry about his decision after seeing u live a beta life! Ok ok.. let talk over the dinner.

Hope to see you soon! :D
jovinliu wrote:Errrr ocean11, I looked around and can't find where to PM. But i know if i have private message though. So can you PM me instead your HP number or email?

astar
Regular
Regular

Post by astar » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:56 am

hey! I've got a really upsetting piece of news to share. I just got a reply from yan hee and they say tat the doc doesn't recommend me to do nose surgery because my nose tip is thick and large and neither alarplasty nor rhinoplasty will help! am i doomed to be stuck wif my hateful nose FOREVER?? hai... :( :( :( :( :(

anthony05

Rhinoplasty

Post by anthony05 » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 1:57 am

Hi Ocean11,
Thanks a lot for your encouragement. You've made me feel better and better about flying to BKK and having it done there. Actually, I'm also
considering an upper eyelid procedure. My eyelids are fine, but the area
above them is a little fat and needs some work. They told me that all
of these can be done within the same day. I'll keep you posted.

Anthony
ANTHONY05

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 2:10 am

Oh oh... :( how?? wat are u going to do?? i don understand?? i tot rhinoplasty and alarplasty are helping those ppls with the problem u facing.. but why they said it not going to help???
I am so sorry to hear that astar.. hope there will be a beta technology next time that can solve ur problem..think positive..
On the another hand, it lucky that u send a photo of ur to show them 1st, else u going to waste a trip there..

astar wrote:hey! I've got a really upsetting piece of news to share. I just got a reply from yan hee and they say tat the doc doesn't recommend me to do nose surgery because my nose tip is thick and large and neither alarplasty nor rhinoplasty will help! am i doomed to be stuck wif my hateful nose FOREVER?? hai... :( :( :( :( :(

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Rhinoplasty

Post by ocean11 » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 2:12 am

My pleasure Anthony.. good luck to u on ur changes!! :D
anthony05 wrote:Hi Ocean11,
Thanks a lot for your encouragement. You've made me feel better and better about flying to BKK and having it done there. Actually, I'm also
considering an upper eyelid procedure. My eyelids are fine, but the area
above them is a little fat and needs some work. They told me that all
of these can be done within the same day. I'll keep you posted.

Anthony

anthony05

Botox for Squarish Job

Post by anthony05 » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 2:26 am

Hi Jovin,
Thanks for the info on botox. I probably don't need this done, but I was just curious. I've noticed that some Japanese women had this done to
reduce their full cheeks (as a much less intrusive alternative to facial lipo) and it seemed to work really well.

I'm happy for you and your new life (and new nose). You're right all of this might not have been possible had you not broken up with your BF, but you should thank nobody but yourself for coming out as a winner.
And it's his loss.

Have fun dining with Ocean11!

Anthony
ANTHONY05

anthony05

Astar

Post by anthony05 » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 2:31 am

Hi Astar,
I'm sorry to hear about the not-so-good news. Why don't you try to consult other plastic surgeons? I don't know how bad your nose is but I'm sure it's not as bad as some of the African American noses I've seen here in the US, and theirs can be fixed really nice. Good luck!

Anthony
ANTHONY05

buffyboi

I've done it!

Post by buffyboi » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 10:07 am

buffyboi wrote:
caliste_nolatori wrote:hey buffyboi!! okie!! i'm jus relieved that u know what u're doing and wat u're gonna be in for.. can u pls like give me a frequent update on yr research, operation and stuff?? den we can share our information!! u can email me at [email protected] :)
Hi Everyone! I've stumbled across this website... it's from Thailand... I find it very informative! Lots of opinions of the Thailand hospitals from the locals. Hope you can find what you're looking for!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/lofiversi ... 3-750.html

Cheers!! :wave:
Hi Everyone,

Just want to do a quick update that I've finally done it! It was certainly an experience! The job was very well done!! No hassle at all.... very happy with the result! Nobody at home knew about it except one or two friends..the rest of my family and friends kept saying I look different and they couldn't quite point out where! Will write more about the experience if anyone is interested in it. Cheers! :D

catalyst

Post by catalyst » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:51 pm

To: buffyboi
what surgery did u do in BKK? Please share the procedures and your personal experience!

To: ocean11, jovinliu & to all who had any form of PS
may i know if u guys are taking any painkillers after yr op? cos my classmate who did her eyelid surgery had to take painkillers and it cause her face to bloat for at least 2-3 months!!! that's the second last thing i want to have..

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: I've done it!

Post by jovinliu » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 3:03 pm

Hi!

Welcome to the New Nose Club! hee... hey just wondering, where did you go for your rhinoplasty?
Hi Everyone,

Just want to do a quick update that I've finally done it! It was certainly an experience! The job was very well done!! No hassle at all.... very happy with the result! Nobody at home knew about it except one or two friends..the rest of my family and friends kept saying I look different and they couldn't quite point out where! Will write more about the experience if anyone is interested in it. Cheers! :D

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 3:14 pm

yes, i took 4 tablets per time, 3 times a day, for a total of 5 days. Painkiller, anti-biotics and the other 2 don't know for what. Maybe your classmate is allergic to painkiller, but it all depends on your pain threshold if you can tahan not having any painkiller to ease the pain. I remembered i did wisdom tooth extraction last year, i think i will die without painkiller man! It is so painful after the surgery and you really feel that kind of "pom pom.... pom pom..." dull pain hitting your gum if you don't take painkiller. And, i usually have quite high pain threshold. But the wisdom tooth extraction is the first time in my life that i always take painkillers first, before the pain start hitting me real baddddd....

Oh! when i went to remove my stitches last saturday, the nurse told me it will take months to heal and recover from facelift. I thought i have a bit of lose skin on the side of my face and thought of facelift, but it seems scary as need to put me on GA and will swell for weeks. Buttttt, our famous Woffles Wu created a Woffles Lift, which said to be no or minimal downtime! hiak hiak... *planning something*

/Jovin

may i know if u guys are taking any painkillers after yr op? cos my classmate who did her eyelid surgery had to take painkillers and it cause her face to bloat for at least 2-3 months!!! that's the second last thing i want to have..[/quote]

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 3:58 pm

Facelift??! :o Hey hey.. Jovin u are getting addictive already! tsk tsk tsk :lol: u are only 28yrs old my dear.. i think i should go 1st!! shall we go together?? hahahaha.. i am kidding.. i will only do it maybe 40yrs old?? hope so..

I only took the painkiller/fever pills on the 1st day, other then that i was ok.. and i stop on the 2nd days, cos i got no fever and pain at all.. lucky me.. and ofcos i finished the antibiotic.

Buffybio
Ur rhinoplasty done by Dr Sukit as well?? U happy with it?? Mine done by him and happy with it, now watever hair style i changed, i look pretty!! hahahaha.. :oops: cos my nose used to be flat, so i can't perm my hair, now i permed my hair, i still look good.. so happy i did it!!

jovinliu wrote:yes, i took 4 tablets per time, 3 times a day, for a total of 5 days. Painkiller, anti-biotics and the other 2 don't know for what. Maybe your classmate is allergic to painkiller, but it all depends on your pain threshold if you can tahan not having any painkiller to ease the pain. I remembered i did wisdom tooth extraction last year, i think i will die without painkiller man! It is so painful after the surgery and you really feel that kind of "pom pom.... pom pom..." dull pain hitting your gum if you don't take painkiller. And, i usually have quite high pain threshold. But the wisdom tooth extraction is the first time in my life that i always take painkillers first, before the pain start hitting me real baddddd....

Oh! when i went to remove my stitches last saturday, the nurse told me it will take months to heal and recover from facelift. I thought i have a bit of lose skin on the side of my face and thought of facelift, but it seems scary as need to put me on GA and will swell for weeks. Buttttt, our famous Woffles Wu created a Woffles Lift, which said to be no or minimal downtime! hiak hiak... *planning something*

/Jovin

may i know if u guys are taking any painkillers after yr op? cos my classmate who did her eyelid surgery had to take painkillers and it cause her face to bloat for at least 2-3 months!!! that's the second last thing i want to have..
[/quote]

catalyst

Post by catalyst » Tue, 01 Nov 2005 4:26 pm

To: ocean11 & jovinliu

so both u girls took painkillers but don't experience any bloated face experience?