Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 3:56 am

cherry92 wrote:hey any 1 can reply me?
issit possible to just get rid of the extra 'fats' on
my nose without using any implants?
yes, u r referring to tip refinement and alarplasty, no rhinoplasty involved
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

jetseng

Post by jetseng » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 9:45 am

I know that Dr. Shahrin, an aesthetics doctor in JB Malaysia, does the procedure that you want. In fact, he also does liposuction...which may help your problem of fats only going to your tummy :wink:

I have had Smartlipo done with him, and he is very good. Cost wise, it is much cheaper than Singapore doctor. As for credentials, I believe that he is trained overseas and has also trained many doctors in Malaysia, as well as, Singapore. (This is what i heard at least...). In fact, I've seen him in a few articles in Women's Weekly giving advice on "non-invasisve" plastic surgeries.

Unfortunately, I don't know what is the costs for fillers. You may like to check out his website at www.laserliposuction-jb.com

theface

going on jan

Post by theface » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 3:10 am

hi everyone ,
anybody will like to follow me on jan 19 to 30 to taiwan , plan to backpacking in taipei and stay in backpacking hostel there too. after which will visit kaoshung for Dr Hsu ... So it is like visit taiwan cum surgery ....any follower will be welcome!

anyway , anyone have done surgery in taiwan and like to share their tips ?

I will update you guys in regarding to my trip in taiwan ..
Change my face, change my life.

dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular

Post by dimensionspectrum » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 1:06 pm

Hi there!
My friend has finished with Dr Hsu!
She's full of praises for him! Saying he's EXCELLENT n honest!
He removed her goretex implant n used her ear cartilage to do her bridge!
She says now her nose looks like a caucasian n those models from Jap magazines! But yet it looks natural! :wink:

theface, im sure it's going to be a great experience for you too!
Come give us your praise report when u r back ya?
All the best too!

Armani25

Bangkok Trip jan30 2008

Post by Armani25 » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 3:07 pm

Hi, i am checking out if there is any1 who had done or heard a PS called Dr Louis at Dr Louis Plastic Surgery Centre in Bangkok www.2plastic.com I was recommanded by my air steward cousin, many of her colleques went there too and they say good comments on him. I be correcting one side of my eyes which has no double eyelid surgery, He recommand me to do 1 side only, but i heard that its better to do both side. Can anyone comments on this??
Btwn if there is anyone who will be on the same trip with me and my cousin, lets organize n meet .... . Thanx

Armani25

bangkok trip Jan31 2008

Post by Armani25 » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 3:09 pm

Hi I forgot to type my email -[email protected]

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 5:07 pm

hi dimensionspectrum", how long ago did ur friend do her op? =>

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 7:56 pm

dimensionspectrum wrote:Hi there!
My friend has finished with Dr Hsu!
She's full of praises for him! Saying he's EXCELLENT n honest!
He removed her goretex implant n used her ear cartilage to do her bridge!
She says now her nose looks like a caucasian n those models from Jap magazines! But yet it looks natural! :wink:

theface, im sure it's going to be a great experience for you too!
Come give us your praise report when u r back ya?
All the best too!
wah, like the model on dr toruimi's site? then i might wanna revise also
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular

Post by dimensionspectrum » Tue, 01 Jan 2008 10:32 pm

princessli wrote:hi dimensionspectrum", how long ago did ur friend do her op? =>
She did the week b4 last week!
I duno of she'll pass me her pics (i doubt so), but she's very satisfied!
She'll gimmi more details soon!
I duno if u all rem? I post b4, this is her 3rd rhinoplasty...2nd revision.
1st 2 times done in Korea..all bad jobs done..(shan't name the doctors' names)..so this time decided to go taiwan aft researching!

Hi aadvark, i duno if it's like the gal in dr toriumi's webby, i'll update u as soon as she updates me! Btw, has your swelling went down? Was it tolerable? Bcos i will do bone shaving later part of the year..so want to prepare for the worse..haha..

Now im so tempted to do my nose 1st..LOL

glacial

Post by glacial » Wed, 02 Jan 2008 11:35 am

hi does any of u know abt breast lipo (breast specifically)? i'm considering abt doing lipo in bangkok.

I couldn't find any thread on that! :???:

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 1:16 pm

Hi all!

Happy 2008!

I just did my Rhinoplasty (incl. alar) with Dr. Hsu last Fri using rib cartilage, nothing else. He removed my goretex implant done last Jun.

Why did I go to Dr. Hsu for revision and not Dr. Jung (despite no complication, no further charges for revison with Dr. Jung and no issue with the doc - I genuinely like Jung)? Well, I decided I do not want to live with foreign implant at all. I am in my late 30s. I may have courage to go for revisions now but may not have threhold for furture possible cmplications due to foreign implant.

Also, my tip is crooked inherently, and the donor's cartilage used for my tip projection is not long enuf (mind you I have a short nose so not easy for 1st rhinoplasty).

Lastly, I want to do a ONE-OFF major re-structuring of my nose to fulfill what I want in Mian xiang. If minor revision is required later - fine.

On examination and after op, this is what I found out this trip:
1. the (2pieces of goretex) together hv shrunk from more than 3mm to 2-3mm. You may see attached photo - blood stain on them so my tissues have grown on it and Dr. Hsu did a good job for removal cos I am healing fine. :-)

2. swelling or rather de-swelling is much much much faster for 100% autologuous material! 6th day, yes still swell but the swell is about 3 times lesser than goretex implant leh!!!
(suck! why did I not go to Dr. Hsu?........... Anyway, my own fault, Jung was my own choice despite Dr. Hsu being my second....)

I appreciate the way Dr. Hsu communicate with his patients. He is patient and honest with his view. Thoughtful in that he would think about reducing risk and pain for his patients. (He gave me very detailed info on Kaohsiung to make my stay here better.)

It (of cos) helps that I can speak good Mandarin and his can understand perfect English especially on email. There is no -> "hmmm....maybe he understand, maybe he does not kind, let's repeat what I said......ok, does he understand when I repeat?" kind of experience I had with Dr. Jung.

For those interested in learning about rib cartilage as material:
1. It is not that painful (vs. the pain I imagined). Now, 6th day, I can get up on my own with minor discomfort.

2. During the 2 days which I was hospitalised, it was in daze for me cos Dr. Hsu did give me good dose of painkiller which really appreciate cos my threshold to pain is very very low. He got a 24hr caretaker for me, which really help heaps when I need to bathe, wash my hair, and eat.

3. The cut is under my right breast to conceal the scar. I think the stitches was nicely done. Will let you know how my scar heals.

4. Something to note: my right arm was numb for 3-4 days. During op, it was lift at odd position. My op was slightly above 4hrs under GA. So after such long time, the nerves become numb. Was worried initially but Dr. Hsu did a good job to assure me and now completely back to normal. :-)

5. about 6cm was cut from my rib. Abt 4cm used for my bridge and for projection. (hmm...I forogt the details must ask again tonight.) Abt 1-2mm for covering my nostrils. (he did internal stitches to lift my drooping.hanging alar. Again, I like his thoughts cos if he cut from exterior it wld create new scar on my alar. Hopefully, it helps cos Dr. Jung did same but it hang again!)

Others:
I hv abt 2cm of cartilage 'stored' under my hairline at my right lower brain area. This is becos cartilage is live tissue and survive best in my own body. It can be used later if & when I want to cover more of my nostrils.

Yeah, I heard about the lady who came 3 weeks ago. It was funny cos when me and the caretaker went to wash my hair in salon we dropped by a Shao Rou Fan stall and the lady boss there said, "ya! 2 ladies were here 2-3 weeks ago. One of them also, went to Dr. Hsu Ying-Che!"

Then, I heard from Dr. Hsu the other lady is also going to have her op this week - good luck to her!!! :-)

cheers,
dmn

P.s. i edit to chng hr of op to over 4hr instead of 6hrs.
Last edited by DMN on Fri, 04 Jan 2008 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

babyk

Post by babyk » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 2:35 pm

So did Dr. Jung mess up on doing your tip? How did your bridge look with the Goretex?

DMN
Regular
Regular

Post by DMN » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 3:29 pm

babyk wrote:So did Dr. Jung mess up on doing your tip? How did your bridge look with the Goretex?
babyk: huh? i said above my tip was crooked inherently. yes, it was still crooked after op wth dr. Jung. but I did mentioned many times in this thread tt a revision was discussed for dec 07.

my bridge looked like a cyclinder (to me) - i did ask for a wider not pointy bridge vs the narrow/ponty bridge in fashion now. i did not have a big issue with it. but dr. Hsu did suggest I go for a narrower bridge which I agreed to downsized provided it is not 'pointed' and 'bony'.

la vie en rose

Post by la vie en rose » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:23 pm

Hi this is “La Vie en Rose”
I like my new nose!

la vie en rose

Post by la vie en rose » Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:38 pm

How swollen was your nose after the surgery? How are your nose now…?
Swollen nose: silicone VS goretex VS ear cartilage

Right after the surgery: the most swollen face that I had, was with silicone, I couldn’t open my eyes (they were in one line) for 2 days. The skin around my eyes and nose were green, but my nose and face look quite natural 2 weeks after.

With goretex less swollen right after the surgery, very few green skin around eyes and nose, but the swollen period was the longest, I waited 5 weeks to see my real/final nose shape.

I don’t know if there is something to do with the open/closed surgery (the first 2 were closed),or because I took vitamins 3 weeks before the surgery or maybe I had a surgery 6 months ago and my skin is now quite “flexible”
I like my new nose!