Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
princessli
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue, 28 Aug 2007

Postby princessli » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 6:19 pm

haha...ya alot of chinese have lovely noses, jus observing the people around me im amazed to find so many people with nice noses..and i wonder why i had to be the one with the rare ugly nose. and when i went to the more remote parts of china, i see people with high sharp noses and i dont think they have done it before because if they were to fix anything they shouldv fixed their teeth & wrinkles first =x lol

CACollegeDude
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 20 Oct 2007

Postby CACollegeDude » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 6:38 pm

babyk wrote:About the Vietnamese part, it says on the page that she is Vietnamese. I remember reading it before too.



BabyK, are we talking about the same person? if we are talking about the asian girl on toriumi's website it says

"
This patient underwent previous surgery in the orient and had erosion of a silastic implant through the skin of the nasal tip. This left a depressed scar over the nasal tip and tremendous scar tissue. The patient underwent a secondary rhinoplasty with placement of a costal cartilage rib graft to her bridge and tip. She also had a costal cartilage strut to support her tip. The photographs represent a one year postoperative result."


all he says about the patient is that shes Asian and that she had "surgery in the orient" where did you get Vietnamese from? unless we are talking about a different person then i apologize :P, but if we are talking about the same person it doesnt say shes vietnamese.




Now don't get me wrong, I know what you are saying about white noses & most aren't perfect but also, how do you know if the Asian noses are natural? Just because the media says it looks natural? Or because you think it's natural looking?



Because Song Hye Kyo's nose looked like that since she was a child (i have pix of her when she was a kid) and the men's noses i posted i also have seen their childhood pictures as well.

i know the noses i saw in northern china were natural as well because they were "imperfect" like they had bumps on the bridge and the tip wasnt perfectly angled, but they did have a similar shape to these so called "white" noses you speak of. meaning they were high bridge and narrow.

Lots of Asian have great looking noses but we won't know for sure if it's all natural or not because there are lots of times people have surgery & it only tweaks it a bit or had a really good job done.


the same can be said for white people. lots of white people have beautiful face but we cant doubt if its real or not. stop doubting your race babyk!


Also, if anyone is to be born with the kinda high sharp nose that we like sometimes, it's more likely it's a white person.


and??? whats your point? lol

black people usually are born with bigger lips than white people does that mean white people are trying to look black when they go and get lip injections?


white people arent trying to get lips as big as black people
and us asians arent trying to get noses as projected as white people

the typical white nose is not aestherically pleasing.
YES it is typically sharper and more projected than asian nose, but at the same time it is OVERLY projected/ too long/ too droopy/ too bulky/ gnarled/ twisted boney/ etc. etc.

you can argue that none of the pics i posted look liek a "typical asian nose" well on the same hand none of the pictures i posted look like a typical white nose either. BEAUTY ISNT TYPICAL!


ALSO...

where are you getting reference of what a white nose looks like?

the white models in the magazines you read?
the white celebrities?
the white beauties being forced down our throats each and every day?

do you realize that whiteness represented in media isnt at all representative of white population at whole?

you dont think that has an effect on your way of thinking?







Like if I go out with my friend & I see a girl with a really high pointy nose, I'm not going to say that she looks like those rare Asians with that high nose, I'm honestly going to say that she has a more American style nose.


thats because youve been programmed by a eurocentric society into thinking that way.

when a white girl goes tanning every single day to eliminate her naturally pale WHITE skin she doesn tthink "oh hey my skin tone is going to resemble ethnic women" when she gets lip injections to pump up her naturally thin european lips she isnt thinking "oh gee my lips are going to look like a black persons because black people usually have bigger lips than white people" because eurocentric society works in favor of white people.


change ur way of thinking pls!! stop being a product of eurocentric society

PRO ASIAN!!!!!
:):):):)

takuda
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat, 30 Dec 2006

Postby takuda » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 7:15 pm

dimensionspectrum wrote:Hi all, im new here but i have been trying to read the 540 pages of posts...of course i didnt finish all..

Ya i too read somewhere that that girl is a Vietnamese girl..and u need to 6 months before can consult with him. Perhaps u can check it out?

Im thinking of going to Dr Hsu..i too, read that he has worked with Dr Toriumi for a year or so...forgot which page.

And looking at his website and the jobs that he has done, i feel safe. And i have to admit with him that inserting something from your own body is always safer than silicone n goretex in the long run..That's just my personal view.

Anyone interested to go to Dr Hsu too? He quoted me NTD60,000 for rasing nose bridge,refining tip and alar with 1 night of hospital stay.



true but that method is preferred only if it's secondary rhino ie more than one time. correct me if i'm wrong... :)
Cry when you get ripped.

CACollegeDude
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 20 Oct 2007

Postby CACollegeDude » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 7:31 pm

shoe_girl wrote:Kwell,

My doc told me to do this, as cartilage absorption speeds up the recovery and also im concerned about my tip being downturned. I agree with you that it sounds suspicious to absorb support for my implant. I dont know why my doc is relying on cartilage absorption to determine my tip angle, i mean shouldnt he shape it during surgery? Also he told me some people absorb 80% of ear cartilage, which sounds very weird.

I hope its not implant im feeling, as this is the very low part of my tip.. it shouldnt move down that much rite? My bridge is still too high, lol. I am scared bt the sharp parts protruding, i dont know how but my tip skin got so soft and thin over last 2 days. I gotta stop pushing it so much!



ear cartilage does have a high absorption rate.

many skilled doctors will usually over graft a patient to make up for absorption that takes place. this is something toriumi does as well.

however if u feel that your tip angle is too low, its most likely going to remain low or get even lower even after graft absorption. unless you have an infection and your nose starts retracting, your tip will get lower with time due to law of gravity .

i have expeirence in this regard my doctor told me the same thing that my tip would lift after absorption and it was a bunch of B.S. i TOO asked the same question "why didnt you fix the tip angle during operation instead of trying to rely on graft absorption!?" i was very angry.


who was ur doctor?

CACollegeDude
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 20 Oct 2007

Postby CACollegeDude » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 7:33 pm

takuda wrote:
dimensionspectrum wrote:Hi all, im new here but i have been trying to read the 540 pages of posts...of course i didnt finish all..

Ya i too read somewhere that that girl is a Vietnamese girl..and u need to 6 months before can consult with him. Perhaps u can check it out?

Im thinking of going to Dr Hsu..i too, read that he has worked with Dr Toriumi for a year or so...forgot which page.

And looking at his website and the jobs that he has done, i feel safe. And i have to admit with him that inserting something from your own body is always safer than silicone n goretex in the long run..That's just my personal view.

Anyone interested to go to Dr Hsu too? He quoted me NTD60,000 for rasing nose bridge,refining tip and alar with 1 night of hospital stay.



true but that method is preferred only if it's secondary rhino ie more than one time. correct me if i'm wrong... :)



that is incorrect. rib and self cartilage will always be safer and better than artificial implants in the long run.

however, the more surgeries someone has the more the likelihood that adverse affects of artificial implants will take place.

dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue, 23 Oct 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby dimensionspectrum » Wed, 24 Oct 2007 7:55 pm

Hi Takuda,

I thought so too, but Dr Hsu didnt mention anything when i emailed him my pics of my ugly nose. Ha...
But 2nd rhino, OUCH! I really want to get it right the 1st time!
I better pray really hard!

Hi Kwell,
Thanks for your advice, i'll contact hello84 and check with him!

Btw, im so new here, im wondering how do i do the XXX wrote: and then box it up wad the other party replied?

For eg:
takuda wrote:
dimensionspectrum wrote:
Hi all, im new here but i have been trying to read the 540 pages of posts...of course i didnt finish all..

Ya i too read somewhere that that girl is a Vietnamese girl..and u need to 6 months before can consult with him. Perhaps u can check it out...

SORRY n pardon me!

princessli
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue, 28 Aug 2007

Postby princessli » Wed, 05 Dec 2007 4:47 pm

Im reposting this because of the data loss, I wan bigger eyes, i already have pretty deep double eyelids, should i do a double eyelid procedure again to make it larger or what should i do? Which doctor should i go for epi?(dont wish to go to korea) am worried about scarring. how much is the procedure usually? Thanks!

dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue, 23 Oct 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby dimensionspectrum » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 9:57 am

princessli wrote:Im reposting this because of the data loss, I wan bigger eyes, i already have pretty deep double eyelids, should i do a double eyelid procedure again to make it larger or what should i do? Which doctor should i go for epi?(dont wish to go to korea) am worried about scarring. how much is the procedure usually? Thanks!


Hi princessli...
I cant pm you...bcso of data loss i think, they say i havent reached the required number of posts....faint :???:

As to your question, ya, Dr HSu quoted me NTD$60,000..i think it;s very reasonable! But you have to send your pics to him to evaluate and let him quote accordingly. Diff ppl diff procedures and diff price.

Hey, im also interested to know more abt the things you mentioned above!
I also have high double eyelids already n pretty big eyes (with eyeliner n eyelashes..keke)...quite keen to know more abt making them even bigger like Dawn Yang's! HAhaha Her eyes nice right? :P

Anyone got recommendations? Like epi or blah...Does that help?
Thanks in advance! Bcos Dr Chuang suggest i do Epi...i read in previous posts somewhere that someone did. Where did you do and how long for the stitches and scars to go away?
I also read fr a website that most surgeons would leave skin that epi is done, alone, bcos it's very delicate and blotched jobs do happen....
hmmm...how true is that?

princessli
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue, 28 Aug 2007

Postby princessli » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 10:53 am

ahhaha... yupyup.
Ya i too read that epi is a tricky procedure, thats y i was asking for recommendations besides korea.
Last edited by princessli on Thu, 06 Dec 2007 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

princessli
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue, 28 Aug 2007

Postby princessli » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 10:56 am

Quite ker xi... the detailed posts people made of their trips are gone. :(

want2change
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 06 Dec 2007

Hello84!

Postby want2change » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 1:04 pm

Hello84, how is your nose doing? Would you mind PMing me. I have another question for you.

Thank you,
Want2change

usernameblah
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed, 11 Apr 2007

Postby usernameblah » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 2:41 pm

:D
Last edited by usernameblah on Sun, 01 Feb 2009 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

hello84
Regular
Regular
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue, 12 Dec 2006
Location: hougang

helo

Postby hello84 » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 8:08 pm

hai everytime heard de same question... anyway is already 3 mth. is already recover long ago le.. pls don't always reply the same question..:) is very natural no body noe i had nose job.. is very very natrual.. but overall my nose is not those superstar nose... it's improve.. but i think my bridge still can improve more.. but no matter wat dr hsu is a good doctor.. useing ear cartilage to do your nose is not easy...

princessli
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue, 28 Aug 2007

Postby princessli » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 8:15 pm

lol ppl asking how r u maah =D

dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue, 23 Oct 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby dimensionspectrum » Fri, 07 Dec 2007 1:01 am

princessli wrote:Quite ker xi... the detailed posts people made of their trips are gone. :(


Ya...so just have to wait for a kind soul to post and tell us all over again..hahaa...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest