Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
mynose!
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu, 05 Apr 2007

Postby mynose! » Sun, 07 Oct 2007 10:52 pm

hello84~...YOUR NOSE LOOKS GREAT BTW....
SO you did your nose tip and not your bridge?....ur nose bridge definately looks higher...

does anyone know about lateral osteotomy...i heard that u could do that instead of getting implants....is it more donagerous?..cause not many people do it as opposed to implants...

User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Re: hello

Postby jovinliu » Sun, 07 Oct 2007 10:58 pm

Very nice nosejob done, hello84 :) Erm btw, if the silicon implant not giving any problem, also no need to take out one. No need to "renew COE" one, hee.



/Jovin

hello84 wrote:yup.. only using my ear cartilage.. beforee surgery i heard alot of ppl mention that just use ear cartilage is not enough to make a strong and projected nasal tip... but after surgery i don't think so.. my nose now look very strong compare to last time... i would say all is depend of the surgeon skill.. and this new nose is my real nose will last through out my life le.. no need to take out and change those plastic implant.. :)



who wrote:hello84,

You didn't use rib graft? just your ear cartilage?

Btw, your nose looks great on your face!
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Re: yo

Postby jovinliu » Sun, 07 Oct 2007 11:01 pm

There's so many plastic surgeons ard, so you may ask yourself some questions in search for the right one to approach:

1) budget
2) ok with travelling to overseas for surgery?
3) which part you do not like, and which part you want to change first?
4) what is your expectation?

There are quite a few surgeons mentioned in this forum, look through the posts and decide for yourself which surgeons you prefer.



/Jovin



~*sky*~ wrote:hi to all =)

im new to dis. wanna ask a few qns. i hate the way i look & m considering plastic surgery to change the way i look. does anyone know the name of the surgery for that? n the cost?

pls reply n thx. =)
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

takuda
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat, 30 Dec 2006

Postby takuda » Mon, 08 Oct 2007 6:21 pm

hey jovinliu, well, i don't want to drag either. i can tell you, i am now wondering which to do first. NOT whether to do or not. i have my exams! the earliest is november!!! :(
Cry when you get ripped.

keenose
Regular
Regular
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat, 14 Jul 2007

Postby keenose » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 3:12 am

jovinliu wrote:Wah takuda, it has been sooo many months already and you are still flickering with the idea what to do, whether to do, and who to go to? My eyes which i did in April already fully recovered liao leh.

It depends on your own judgement on how you like those photos you see on Dr Chuang's website. What i can say is, i absolutely love my eyes... he gave me what i want, exactly. Hee hee you very funny, it's just like in a restaurant you have not visited before, how can you ensure that the food you order taste good? (by the good, taste good means suits your taste, it may not be good to other people). You visit the restaurant by words of mouth or recommendation, but if the food doesn't suits you, who can you blame?

I can only tell you 1 thing: if there is something you decide to do, go ahead and do it. If you drag and drag and drag and procastinate, chances are you are too confused and do not have the courage anymore to do it. If the change is too drastic, the patient complain say too sharp and everybody knows it's fake and starts to say that the surgeon no good. If the change is too minimal, the patient also complain and say it's too minimal like never do before. Poor surgeons. My dear, it's like ordering your own mee pok, if you want more chilli, tell the stallowner "mee pok tah, chilli zhuay zhuay!", if you don't want chilli, tell him "mee pok tah, mai hiam" -- It's all customisable, depending how you communicate with your surgeon! If you don't tell him, you expects him to know? If you know you can't afford to fly all the way back and re-do, then please do your homework. Prepare pictures of noses that you yearn for and show him, so that he have a clear understanding of what you are expecting.



/Jovin


takuda wrote:the pics on dr chuang's website are not very appealing, in my opinion. can somebody advise me? how do i ensure that the b4 and after pics that he havent shown are great? i asked him about 100% autologous for rhino, he says its only good and recommended for secondary rhino(2nd time), i'm really afraid the change for me will be so minimal that i can't notice anything, the the tip not sharp enough etc etc. i can't afford to fly all the way back and have revision, both time and money. :( btw i'm going this year end. earliest end nov. don't know if i should postpone it later. anyone going at this time? :)



WAhhhhhhhhhhhh Jovin !!!!!

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You were gone for so long! Missed reading your posts!!!!
Where you go worrrrrr??? hahah :D

I too heard that Dr Chuang has more more pictures in his clinic if you go and visit him and if you request to see. In fact, he has already "updated" and improved his website pictures now. Much better than before...
New nose please~

princessli
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue, 28 Aug 2007

Postby princessli » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 9:58 am

n my tip is now abit too short, what should i do to extend it abit? can fillers be used? how much does the procedure usually cost?

keenose
Regular
Regular
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat, 14 Jul 2007

Postby keenose » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 2:28 pm

princessli wrote:n my tip is now abit too short, what should i do to extend it abit? can fillers be used? how much does the procedure usually cost?


Options of ear cartilege, nose cartilege can be considered too...
New nose please~

keenose
Regular
Regular
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat, 14 Jul 2007

Postby keenose » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 5:43 pm

Anybody knows if hotelmoon in Taipei is still in business? :???:
New nose please~

princessli
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue, 28 Aug 2007

Postby princessli » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 9:17 am

Thanks..i shall go consult a doctor next week.

I need to do something cos with the alarplasty, the shift in the alar has made my nose straighter but cos the flesh now is all bunched up at the same area/the alar & columella are the same height , my nose looks stubbier, plus pressing the alar closer together has pushed the tip up and made my tip a little short. So now though its slightly smaller, it looks uglier actually cos of its new shape. & as it healed, the alar which was pushed up has sagged down again !!! so the side view is ugly again :mad:

u know what i mean? like when i only do one procedure n not all the rhino procedures, its like patching up one hole that makes holes appear in other areas.

User avatar
shal0m
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu, 19 Jul 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby shal0m » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 3:03 pm

princessli wrote:Thanks..i shall go consult a doctor next week.

I need to do something cos with the alarplasty, the shift in the alar has made my nose straighter but cos the flesh now is all bunched up at the same area/the alar & columella are the same height , my nose looks stubbier, plus pressing the alar closer together has pushed the tip up and made my tip a little short. So now though its slightly smaller, it looks uglier actually cos of its new shape. & as it healed, the alar which was pushed up has sagged down again !!! so the side view is ugly again :mad:

u know what i mean? like when i only do one procedure n not all the rhino procedures, its like patching up one hole that makes holes appear in other areas.


hi princessli...i understand how u feel cos i am going thr the same thing...(read my pm to u)

and forget abt the laser thingym i tried, it only helped a little, then u end up with uneven skin tone & skin texture different from the rest of the nose.

maybe both of us should have gone to TW at first. :(
Shal0m

User avatar
shal0m
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu, 19 Jul 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby shal0m » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 3:05 pm

keenose wrote:
jovinliu wrote:Wah takuda, it has been sooo many months already and you are still flickering with the idea what to do, whether to do, and who to go to? My eyes which i did in April already fully recovered liao leh.

It depends on your own judgement on how you like those photos you see on Dr Chuang's website. What i can say is, i absolutely love my eyes... he gave me what i want, exactly. Hee hee you very funny, it's just like in a restaurant you have not visited before, how can you ensure that the food you order taste good? (by the good, taste good means suits your taste, it may not be good to other people). You visit the restaurant by words of mouth or recommendation, but if the food doesn't suits you, who can you blame?

I can only tell you 1 thing: if there is something you decide to do, go ahead and do it. If you drag and drag and drag and procastinate, chances are you are too confused and do not have the courage anymore to do it. If the change is too drastic, the patient complain say too sharp and everybody knows it's fake and starts to say that the surgeon no good. If the change is too minimal, the patient also complain and say it's too minimal like never do before. Poor surgeons. My dear, it's like ordering your own mee pok, if you want more chilli, tell the stallowner "mee pok tah, chilli zhuay zhuay!", if you don't want chilli, tell him "mee pok tah, mai hiam" -- It's all customisable, depending how you communicate with your surgeon! If you don't tell him, you expects him to know? If you know you can't afford to fly all the way back and re-do, then please do your homework. Prepare pictures of noses that you yearn for and show him, so that he have a clear understanding of what you are expecting.



/Jovin


takuda wrote:the pics on dr chuang's website are not very appealing, in my opinion. can somebody advise me? how do i ensure that the b4 and after pics that he havent shown are great? i asked him about 100% autologous for rhino, he says its only good and recommended for secondary rhino(2nd time), i'm really afraid the change for me will be so minimal that i can't notice anything, the the tip not sharp enough etc etc. i can't afford to fly all the way back and have revision, both time and money. :( btw i'm going this year end. earliest end nov. don't know if i should postpone it later. anyone going at this time? :)



WAhhhhhhhhhhhh Jovin !!!!!

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You were gone for so long! Missed reading your posts!!!!
Where you go worrrrrr??? hahah :D

I too heard that Dr Chuang has more more pictures in his clinic if you go and visit him and if you request to see. In fact, he has already "updated" and improved his website pictures now. Much better than before...


may i have the websites for dr chuang & dr hsu pls? i read the first 300pgs of this thread and now i am having headaches already..lol :???:
Shal0m

booboo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 10 Oct 2007
Location: SINGAPORE

Re: hello

Postby booboo » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 4:27 pm

Hi i m new to this forum, can i check how much does it cost for the nose job? mind to give me yr msn?


hello84 wrote:i think everyone can have a normal and real nose like mine.. just do more research and search for a good surgeon like dr hsu... using implant to do nose is not good i think.. maybe tat implant can last 5 year 10 year but one day you sure must take out becosz of wear and tear.. is plastic.. and when the time you relise your mistake is too late...:)

User avatar
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon, 02 May 2005

Postby jovinliu » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 5:13 pm

Or you want to try Deja Vu hotel? It's really quite good for that budget, i stayed comfortably in April when i went over to re-do my eyes.



/Jovin


keenose wrote:Anybody knows if hotelmoon in Taipei is still in business? :???:
Hmmm... what should I do next? Cheekbone reduction maybe?

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue, 28 Nov 2006

Postby FlyingMice » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:14 pm

Hi not sure if anyone have done open rhino with local surgeon Dr seah before? Can share with me ur experience with me through private msg please. Thanks a lot.

booboo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 10 Oct 2007
Location: SINGAPORE

I wan a new nose . . .

Postby booboo » Thu, 11 Oct 2007 9:24 am

I intend to do a nose job but still thinking which Doctor should I go? I going consulatation with Martin Huang next Tues...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests