Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 2:56 pm

Wah..the nurse when removing my stitches left a stitch in my nose she didnt remove, now i have to remove it in Sg, don't want to go all the way over for that. Dono if i should go to polyclinic or which clinic provides such services.

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 6:42 pm

Just got back from the polyclinic they said that the stitches are inside so they aren't confident of removing it. $#^%$%I called them and asked them if they removed stitches INSIDE the nose and they said yes, now tell me cannot. Waste my time! They spoke as if not many medical institutes will be able to remove it. Forget it, will just go back to remove it...

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular

Post by FlyingMice » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:31 pm

princessli wrote:Just got back from the polyclinic they said that the stitches are inside so they aren't confident of removing it. $#^%$%I called them and asked them if they removed stitches INSIDE the nose and they said yes, now tell me cannot. Waste my time! They spoke as if not many medical institutes will be able to remove it. Forget it, will just go back to remove it...
Y dont u go to a local plastic surgeon to get it remove?

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:39 pm

It seems they always leave some stitches in the nose... The black ones almost always fall out on their own in time.

Be careful... it may also be a dissolvable stitch used to change the shape of your nose tip... it's clear or clear yellow in color and dissolves in a couple of months... DO NOT remove this.

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:04 pm

who wrote:It seems they always leave some stitches in the nose... The black ones almost always fall out on their own in time.

Be careful... it may also be a dissolvable stitch used to change the shape of your nose tip... it's clear or clear yellow in color and dissolves in a couple of months... DO NOT remove this.
I see. They are black. Do they fall out in their own time? for one nostril, i saw both long ends of the thread and i tugged on it and i saw my flesh being pinched i was like EeKS! the polyclinic doc took the small light thing u use to look into ears , obviously saw the one i saw, but said the other nose has thread too. I don trust him though & i hope there isnt any in the other nostril cos its too deep in! How is the nurse gona remove it?! Hopefully what i saw deep in is what will fall out in its own time. Thanks alot for sharing.
But anyway i will be going back to the doc.

who
Regular
Regular

Post by who » Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:18 pm

I see...
then, it's not going to fall out on it's own based on your description.

Here is the stitch essentially... it's a loop with a knot that is located above the flesh.
The doctor/nurse will cut the knot or close to the knot, and then it quickly pulls out.

I think sometimes, the nurses will cut it but not pull it out and they will fall out on their own. Also, many stitches are located so closely to the top of your skin that your body naturally pushes out the stitch during healing... In your case, you will need to get the knot cut...

babyk

Post by babyk » Fri, 21 Sep 2007 1:14 am

Sounds like you need to see your doctor to get those stitches taken out. I had to get my forgotten stitch taken out too because the doctor missed it, I guess it's pretty common. :roll:

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Fri, 21 Sep 2007 1:52 am

yups who i get what you are saying, i hope the one deep in the other nostril is what has been cut and that the polyclinic doctor just couldnt see clearly . the one i can see the long ends and the knot i seriously doubt it has been cut=> Mine was removed by a distracted grouchy nurse :x
anyways ill be going back to see the doc, he shd know better if he stitched anything deep inside.

tobeauty2007

Decide to go to South Korea for PS in Jan 2008

Post by tobeauty2007 » Mon, 24 Sep 2007 9:49 am

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and I decide to go to South Korea for a nose job and a face contouring and maybe a lipo on inner and outer thigh. I have consulted with BK, but I am still looking for more choices. I have a few clinic in my mind they include BK, Grand, Cinderalla, I have heard of Jelim (But I can't read Korean, so I can't read their website) etc. I heard of Dr. Jung who specializes in nose, but I can't find his web site. Does Dr. Jung only do nose, does he do face contouring too? Please give me some suggestions on PS.

I am a Chinese, so I am kind of scare to go to Korea alone, since I can't read and speak Korean and I never been to Korea before. I want to know if anyone would like to go to Korea with me for PS in Jan.

Beauty

Regular
Regular

Post by 244522 » Tue, 25 Sep 2007 1:10 am

Hi

I have some interesting psychological issues to ask you all. Give me some feedbacks ya.

I am curious about how do you guys deal with opening yourself up to friends about plastic surgery? Do you open yourself up to all people? And do you all hide yourself during the recovery stage?

And if you dont admit, there are bound to have some who will know you did plastic surgery, and how do you deal with these issues.

I guess this is an essential stage for those who did plastic surgery. It really requires quite a lot of courage to do so (I mean open yourself up = more criticism and somehow putting your image down). :) However, for those who criticizes plastic surgery people wouldnt understand or look at this point, they tend to focus more on other negative attributes, which is quite humorous when you think about it from another angle. :lol:

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

My reply

Post by kwelll » Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:51 pm

244522 wrote:Hi

I have some interesting psychological issues to ask you all. Give me some feedbacks ya.

I am curious about how do you guys deal with opening yourself up to friends about plastic surgery? Do you open yourself up to all people? And do you all hide yourself during the recovery stage?

And if you dont admit, there are bound to have some who will know you did plastic surgery, and how do you deal with these issues.

I guess this is an essential stage for those who did plastic surgery. It really requires quite a lot of courage to do so (I mean open yourself up = more criticism and somehow putting your image down). :) However, for those who criticizes plastic surgery people wouldnt understand or look at this point, they tend to focus more on other negative attributes, which is quite humorous when you think about it from another angle. :lol:
Hi,

This is one post i have to reply. First of all, from my perspective, I undergo PS for MYSELF, and no one else. It is solely to please myself both internally and externally - so it goes without saying that I have no time for people to tell me how to live my life when I know right from the onset that PS is to enhance my confidence and innate security.

If one waits to be attacked by bystanders (who is most times clueless about PS), then you`re on the wrong side of the track to begin with. One should see it as something that is available to improve on one's TOTAL living, not simply physical attributes, which many tends to buy.

My point is simple: IF one has the courage to undergo PS, the s/he rightfully should be comfortable with the after effects and deal with it naturally in the way deemed most fit for that particular individual. You do not live for others and never will be, so beware of falling with your face down or simply getting caught in your own web!

The difference here is : CONFIDENCE. If one does not have it, the rest don`t matter however many surgeries you have. It like saying one can be arrogant but still very loving. LOL

Again, just my 2 cents worth.

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular

Post by FlyingMice » Tue, 25 Sep 2007 2:56 pm

I'm going over to taiwan kaohsiung for rhino with Dr Hsu in Nov. have difficulties getting a ticket that travel straight to kaohsiung. Anyone know if i want to take the bullet train from taipet to kaohsiung, must i book the ticket beforehand? Or the train operate 24/7?

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Hello84

Post by kwelll » Tue, 25 Sep 2007 3:44 pm

FlyingMice wrote:I'm going over to taiwan kaohsiung for rhino with Dr Hsu in Nov. have difficulties getting a ticket that travel straight to kaohsiung. Anyone know if i want to take the bullet train from taipet to kaohsiung, must i book the ticket beforehand? Or the train operate 24/7?
Hello84,

Where are you? Perhaps, you`ll like to help the above?

Kwell

foubelle
Regular
Regular

Post by foubelle » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:04 am

tobeauty: dr jung's website is nose.co.kr there is an english version so you should be able to read it. i cant find grand's and cinderella's webpage, do you mind sharing them here?

theface

Post by theface » Wed, 26 Sep 2007 6:53 pm

FlyingMice wrote:I'm going over to taiwan kaohsiung for rhino with Dr Hsu in Nov. have difficulties getting a ticket that travel straight to kaohsiung. Anyone know if i want to take the bullet train from taipet to kaohsiung, must i book the ticket beforehand? Or the train operate 24/7?
I've been kaohsiung b4, I took silkair and that time is promotion period cost abt SIN $400-$500....
u can also go taipei and take bullet train quite new, but a bit exp take that.u can also take coach bus as cheaper route from there.it'll take whole day.
I dun think you need to book ticket b4 hand..

i'm thinkin of going for an consultation next year jan
Change my face, change my life.