Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
kwelll
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 03 Apr 2006

Postby kwelll » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 10:35 am

keenose wrote:
mbk wrote:[Hey MBK,

Can malars help you get cheekbones? I thought malars were to shave it down or something...

How about fat injection or fillers?


Malar implants are to enhance cheekbones, shaving the malars is well, shaving..

Fat injection might give your cheeks fullness. I want really angular sculpted cheeks..duno if anyone in singapore is good at this kind of surgery



OOOh I see.. would it be considered a MAJOR operation too? Like bone shaving?

You want the like.. 'lucy liu' Look?[/quote]

Hi,

For those who might be interested in enhancing your cheekbone or create cheeks fullness, be forewarned now. It is good if it is of the right amount because I find that it tends to broaden one's face from the frontal view ... more chubby especially if you already have a round face. One must be careful here.

For fats grafts, you will most certainly require at least 2 sets of injections as most people experience fat resorption. In my case, more than 50% of what was injected literally "melted away".
Last edited by kwelll on Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

mbk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri, 15 Sep 2006

Postby mbk » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 10:41 am

Kwell, I agree with your general analysis. BTW, did you have any asymmetry with fat injections?

I really want sharp angles as my face is very round (but I am going for a genioplasty).

User avatar
foubelle
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu, 07 Jun 2007

Postby foubelle » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 10:55 am

so i guess dr jung isnt all that different from dr kim either. is he a doctor where you'll have to insist on doing things your way and say that you dont care even if it looks a bit fake so long as you have the nose?

cos i know for a fact that dr park from oz clinic is like that. he will do things very very conservative-ly for you and you'll have to say you dont care if it looks a bit fake. then it will be slithly better.

kwell: i dont understand what you say. so you mean dr jung nv give you the height he promised that he'll give you? are you going back for revision?

mbk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri, 15 Sep 2006

Postby mbk » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 10:56 am

how do you post a pic on here?

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 03 Apr 2006

Postby kwelll » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:13 am

foubelle wrote:so i guess dr jung isnt all that different from dr kim either. is he a doctor where you'll have to insist on doing things your way and say that you dont care even if it looks a bit fake so long as you have the nose?

cos i know for a fact that dr park from oz clinic is like that. he will do things very very conservative-ly for you and you'll have to say you dont care if it looks a bit fake. then it will be slithly better.

kwell: i dont understand what you say. so you mean dr jung nv give you the height he promised that he'll give you? are you going back for revision?



No, I like Dr Jung alot naturally so because if you have met him yourself you would feel the same. Am sure he is very competent, however, the difference is EXECUTION and DELIVERY. Anything can be on paper but when it does not translate to reality when you see on a mirror, then you had better wake up and smell the coffee. There is really no time for second thoughts or what if... should I etc ... unless you want to settle for something you did NOT bargain for. I don`t think its a case of incompetence, rather execution.

The height is there but the anterior projection of the entire nose is changed and less apparent.
Last edited by kwelll on Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 03 Apr 2006

Postby kwelll » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:21 am

mbk wrote:Kwell, I agree with your general analysis. BTW, did you have any asymmetry with fat injections?

I really want sharp angles as my face is very round (but I am going for a genioplasty).


You might benefit from cheekone enhancement (just enough to elevate your middle third) but you dont know to add further fullness to it, do you??? Fats do move during the first couple of hours, so it might be uneven.

Also, chin implant of a suitable size and shape to lengthen your face. Then, I suggest you lose some weight (1-2kg) and am sure you will see a visible improvement especially on photos - although these can be deceiving and possibly unkind. Oppsz... some of us look much better in person....??

keenose
Regular
Regular
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat, 14 Jul 2007

Postby keenose » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 2:33 pm

mbk wrote:From what I have read bone shaving takes longer to recover from compared to malar implants.

I like these kindda cheeks

http://www.models.com/model_culture/50t ... &lnumber=1

http://www.models.com/model_culture/50t ... &lnumber=1


Oh I see! Yup! looks nice!

Would the risks and procedures be similar to a malar reduction? If thats so, then yeah.. I guess the recovery time would be like malar reduction, long...
New nose please~

keenose
Regular
Regular
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat, 14 Jul 2007

Postby keenose » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 2:34 pm

kwelll wrote:
keenose wrote:
foubelle wrote:[img]
Hmm so I told myself that I wouldnt have a FIXED idea of what I want.. because if I fix myself on wanting something, then if I dont get the results I want.. that would mean disappointment.

Hmm Keenose,

Thanks for your thoughts BUT ... whilst you want to avoid disappointment (like everyone else), wouldn`t it be more risky to NOT know exactly what you want corrected or enchanced before you go under the knife even with the most skillful surgeon? The basis of a consultation and post op follow-up is to assess whether both of you have achieved what you set out to do with a clear direction (or am I wrong?)


Ohhh I mean yeah.. need to know what we want corrected, and have an idea of how we want it to be. Will try to convey to the PS, and see if he can acheive what we want or similar...

Thats what I mean.

I dont mean like.. go to the PS and let him do whatever... that would be risky! Unless, I really really trust him. hehe :D
New nose please~

keenose
Regular
Regular
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat, 14 Jul 2007

Postby keenose » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 2:39 pm

kwelll wrote:
foubelle wrote:so i guess dr jung isnt all that different from dr kim either. is he a doctor where you'll have to insist on doing things your way and say that you dont care even if it looks a bit fake so long as you have the nose?

cos i know for a fact that dr park from oz clinic is like that. he will do things very very conservative-ly for you and you'll have to say you dont care if it looks a bit fake. then it will be slithly better.

kwell: i dont understand what you say. so you mean dr jung nv give you the height he promised that he'll give you? are you going back for revision?



No, I like Dr Jung alot naturally so because if you have met him yourself you would feel the same. Am sure he is very competent, however, the difference is EXECUTION and DELIVERY. Anything can be on paper but when it does not translate to reality when you see on a mirror, then you had better wake up and smell the coffee. There is really no time for second thoughts or what if... should I etc ... unless you want to settle for something you did NOT bargain for. I don`t think its a case of incompetence, rather execution.

The height is there but the anterior projection of the entire nose is changed and less apparent.



Oh so you mean, that although you have conveyed to him what you wanted, he didnt deliver like he promised?
Did he say he would be able to do it?
New nose please~

shermaine
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 18 Dec 2006

Postby shermaine » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 2:40 pm

hi there! havnet been posting for a while, have been silent reading though!

hadnt wanted to post but i thought i should out of fairness to dr. jung and his patients alike.
as some of you may rem, i had my rhinoplasty with dr. jung about 5 mths ago (8th aug being 5 exactly!). first, i have NO connections with dr. jung etc, and NOT korean.
i am singaporean chinese, and i dont think its true dr. jung only reserves high and straight noses for korean actresses/modelsetc, coz one of the first thing he asked me was if i want my nose to be like the actresses etc, thin, sharp tall coz he wanted a song hye kyo nose for me.

i am pretty strange i guess,....coz i absolutely didnt want it. i wanted low and not too sharp, natural, and he gave me exactly that!
granted, first few mths were worse than hell, coz i desweel EXTREMELY slowly...but now approaching 5 mths, i can see y his patients have so much praise for him,! and it can ony get better! not only that, i have had modelling/ commercial contracts thrown in my way, and though it may be psychological, i feel that the nose does play a part!

so while its true that dr. jung can be conservative, and give similar type noses to his patients, if u look at his patients portfolio in his office (i looked at quite a lot), they come in many different shapes/sizes! i have seen his patients IRL as well, and yes, while 1/10 of his patients may be upset (tts a very gd. ratio for almost any surgeon)the rest have such beautiful noses that whenever i get upset abt mine, i try to think of them!
anyway, i m returning mid next mth for PROB. more alarplasty, coz the first time i told him to be conservative with mine.

hope this post helps any1 considering rhinoplasty, be it with dr. jung or someone else!
take care!
Last edited by shermaine on Sun, 29 Jul 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keenose
Regular
Regular
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat, 14 Jul 2007

Postby keenose » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 2:41 pm

kwelll wrote:
mbk wrote:Kwell, I agree with your general analysis. BTW, did you have any asymmetry with fat injections?

I really want sharp angles as my face is very round (but I am going for a genioplasty).


You might benefit from cheekone enhancement (just enough to elevate your middle third) but you dont know to add further fullness to it, do you??? Fats do move during the first couple of hours, so it might be uneven.

Also, chin implant of a suitable size and shape to lengthen your face. Then, I suggest you lose some weight (1-2kg) and am sure you will see a visible improvement especially on photos - although these can be deceiving and possibly unkind. Oppsz... some of us look much better in person....??



Aiks.. this could apply to me too! haha

But the doctor suggested that I do malar reduction and jaw shaving to correct my problem.

I guess I'll lose some weight and see if he still suggests the same. :)
New nose please~

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 03 Apr 2006

Postby kwelll » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 2:56 pm

shermaine wrote:hi there! havnet been posting for a while, have been silent reading though!

hadnt wanted to post but i thought i should out of fairness to dr. jung and his patients alike.
as some of you may rem, i had my rhinoplasty with dr. jung about 5 mths ago (8th aug being 5 exactly!). first, i have NO connections with dr. jung etc, and NOT korean.
i am singaporean chinese, and i dont think its true dr. jung only reserves high and straight noses for korean actresses/modelsetc, coz one of the first thing he asked me if i want my nose to be like the actresses etc, thin, sharp tall coz he wanted a song hye kyo nose for me.

i am pretty strange i guess,....coz i absolutely didnt want it. i wanted low and not too sharp, natural, and he gave me exactly that!
granted, first few mths were worse than hell, coz i desweel EXTREMELY slowly...but now approaching 5 mths, i can see y his patients have so much praise for him,! and it can ony get better! not only that, i have had modelling/ commercial contracts thrown in my way, and though it may be psychological, i feel that the nose does play a part!

so while its true that dr. jung can be conservative, and give similar type noses to his patients, if u look at his patients portfolio in his office (i looked a quite a lot), they come in many different shapes/sizes! i have seen his real life patients as well, and yes, while 1/10 of his patients may be upset (tts a very gd. ratio for almost any surgeon)the rest have such beautiful noses that whenever i get upset abt mine, i try to think of them!
anyway, i m returning mid next mth for PROB. more alarplasty, coz the first time i told him to be conservative with mine.

hope this post helps any1 considering rhinoplasty, be it with dr. jung or someone else!
take care!


Hi,

Yes, I do agree with you that Dr Jung does not restrict a certain type of nose size or shape to a certain class of people - I do find it odd if this was indeed the case.

Well, am not sure how you got the 1/10 ratio but while I was there (10days), I have spoken with 3-4 patients and all happened to be revision cases, and the one girl I wrote about was her 3rd time. It is also documented (on his website) that Dr Jung has had a few cases where he had to refund the op fees completely because it was not properly executed i.e. (uneven bridge) Hence, I cannot put a figure to what is being discussd its not fair or right, but I can only speak for myself here.

I have presented him with photos of the type of nose I would like and he knew exactly what I wanted to correct. He agreed and told me it is not impossible - now if you had asked for a strong straight bridge (with illustrations) and yet it turned out otherwise (photos are self explainatory) with uneven bridge contour, what does one do ? I look at myself daily and try to smile oh boy ... I could not smile the way i used to because the nose restricts a full smile (if you know what i mean) I look tight. For a start, am waiting patiently for the one month mark, and I will write to Dr Jung with a report plus photos so he can see the result of his work. I have nothing against him just that what was communicated did not materialise. I seriously doubt the bridge has anything to do with swelling because 85% of it has subsided (I do feel and take photos to check).

I just feel sorry for the trauma inside my nose thats all. Its not even the money spent, effort and time ... but the basic expectation was never there to begin with. I saved my nasal tip skin but lost the rest by the same token.

shermaine
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 18 Dec 2006

Postby shermaine » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 3:01 pm

hi kwell!

sorry to hear abt ur swelling..trust me...i couldnt smile for a full 3MTHS. or so...and tts only coz i thinki ruptured a suture..otherwise, i think the tightness in smiling may last up ot 6 mths.

hmm...perhaps i was just fortunate to have met satisfied patients.
but on the whole, i must stress that 1 month is WAY too early to tell anything at all, esp if u go my deswelling rates! lol
trust me, i was so ready to kill myself then no matter how good others said i looked!
hope this helps!

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 03 Apr 2006

Postby kwelll » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 3:11 pm

shermaine wrote:hi kwell!

sorry to hear abt ur swelling..trust me...i couldnt smile for a full 3MTHS. or so...and tts only coz i thinki ruptured a suture..otherwise, i think the tightness in smiling may last up ot 6 mths.

hmm...perhaps i was just fortunate to have met satisfied patients.
but on the whole, i must stress that 1 month is WAY too early to tell anything at all, esp if u go my deswelling rates! lol
trust me, i was so ready to kill myself then no matter how good others said i looked!
hope this helps!


Hi,

Glad your nose turned out fine. Congratz all the waiting paid off. Let me clarify that I am in no way suggesting that satisfied patients are few, in fact, I would expect the vast majority to be in this group (God forbids). However, we must never forget the minority group which may have some lessons to be learned from. I try to listen and see for myself and I love doing this. haha:)

As for the swelling, I would imagine 1 month to be quite soon most of my swelling is gone especially from the top to middle portion and even today I could feel the tip (no longer numb which is a good sign) so I assume its really on its way. Dr Jung thinks the cartilage will "grow" and I really doubt there is much room for growth - we are maybe talking about 20-30% TOP side?? The bridge (gortex) will never grow or change shape - what you see and feel is what you get. So, whilst I try to be optimistic, I am very realistic partly because of my experiences in nasal surgeries and so on.

I would let Dr Jung tell me what he sees is wrong and if he is honest, he would be able to detect immediately and that on its own is self explainatory. What I cannot accept is "Please wait for 6 month because this and that" when the nose is there for you to SEE & FEEL. I suffer no fools fortunately and its not uncommon to hear or read about some doctors being evasive by pushing the patients away playing the waiting game. BEWARE guys.

shermaine
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon, 18 Dec 2006

Postby shermaine » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 3:20 pm

thks. kwell for teaching me something new as well=)
yes, i do agree there is alwaz that minority whom surgeries dont turn out quite as well as expected...

i'm really sorry for wat you had and are still going thru..
erm..if its any help, i m returning to dr. jung in mid aug as mentioned, and should you need me to ask anything, pls feel free to lemme noe k?
take care!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests