Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Tks

Post by kwelll » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 9:13 am

kalyn wrote:
kwelll wrote:
FlyingMice wrote:Kwell, can show a picture of your lip?

Go to http://www.faceparty.com/kwelll
Nice pair of eyes. Boy you looked like some Korean actor. :D
Hi,

Thanks for your kind words, now have a look at my "sexy" lips (same link) now you know why I need some sort of reduction, eh? Too much attention on the lips liao ... kinda tired of explaining if I have lip gloss or colour on etc? What brand ah?? Silly !!

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Lips

Post by kwelll » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 9:26 am

[

Lip reduction. Okay I can say the difference is there. My upper lips are slightly thinner. As for lower lips.. I can't really feel the difference but my guess is yes, it ought to be slightly thinner too (duh). FYI, my sis did her lip reduction with Dr. Wong at Gleneagles on the same day I did mine with Dr. Chuang in Taiwan. From her results, I feel that Dr. Wong is better :???:

Thanks for the info, Well ... I call this fate. I was supposed to have some small things done with Dr Wong who is my mum's primary old time surgeon (he is a pioneer in SG) and when i saw him earlier this month for some adviCe, he looked at my lips and said " Oh boy... if only you were a girl... the boys would die to have your lips eaten alive!" LOL.
So I might end up having it done by him since its closer, cheaper, and because its going to be quite unbearable the first few days (and I know it thats why I delayed for over 10 years now), I rather stay in my comfortable home and not worry about food etc..... Its about time, Kwell .....:)

As for your nose, I can truely sympathize with you because I wouldnt crave mine either.... its too "natural" for me and I am not used to the "softer" nose appearance. Gortex is alot softer than silicone hence, I look "weaker" and less musculine with a more refined nose. The bridge has to go so do the nostrils !!! I wish there aint any tissues to heal so I can go for revision in a heartbeat but I do feel sorry for the trauma inside the nose!!

As for Botox, be forewarned that if you do not see visible result with 2 sets of Botox after 4 weeks, DO NOT waste your money! It most probably wont work and never did for you. TRUST - any honest and ethical doc would tell you so.

If lipo does not help, then try chin augmentation - it will give the illusion that your face is longer and that takes away the chubby cheek look. Oh... I dread it myself when i look at my old photos - YUCKS. BUT .... I am 28 years now but look 20!!! Bouncers still ask for my ID everywhere I go ..... take it as a compliment, Kwell!!!! LOL

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Re: Lips

Post by kalyn » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:59 am

kwelll wrote:

Thanks for the info, Well ... I call this fate. I was supposed to have some small things done with Dr Wong who is my mum's primary old time surgeon (he is a pioneer in SG) and when i saw him earlier this month for some adviCe, he looked at my lips and said " Oh boy... if only you were a girl... the boys would die to have your lips eaten alive!" LOL.
So I might end up having it done by him since its closer, cheaper, and because its going to be quite unbearable the first few days (and I know it thats why I delayed for over 10 years now), I rather stay in my comfortable home and not worry about food etc..... Its about time, Kwell .....:)

As for your nose, I can truely sympathize with you because I wouldnt crave mine either.... its too "natural" for me and I am not used to the "softer" nose appearance. Gortex is alot softer than silicone hence, I look "weaker" and less musculine with a more refined nose. The bridge has to go so do the nostrils !!! I wish there aint any tissues to heal so I can go for revision in a heartbeat but I do feel sorry for the trauma inside the nose!!

As for Botox, be forewarned that if you do not see visible result with 2 sets of Botox after 4 weeks, DO NOT waste your money! It most probably wont work and never did for you. TRUST - any honest and ethical doc would tell you so.

If lipo does not help, then try chin augmentation - it will give the illusion that your face is longer and that takes away the chubby cheek look. Oh... I dread it myself when i look at my old photos - YUCKS. BUT .... I am 28 years now but look 20!!! Bouncers still ask for my ID everywhere I go ..... take it as a compliment, Kwell!!!! LOL
Great. You can safely proceed with Dr. Wong IMO. I might go for a consultation with Dr. Wong one day in regards to my lips too. Would like to ask him if I can further have it reduced. Lol. Dr. Chuang is tooo conservative, much too conservative. However, I understand why he would not remove too much lip tissue for my case. Over-reduction on my upper lip would expose the entire set of my upper teeth when I talk (if you get what I mean). So there are limitations to it. I'll work on the issue of my down-turned lips then see if further reduction is possible. For you, I would say go for it and good luck! :wink:

May I know where did you had your nose done? If I'm not mistaken , you had a revision? Were they performed by the same doctor? How long did you wait to have the next revision? I guess patience is what we need, it's true! If I were to have a revision, I'd go to Korea this time. You were saying you used to have a thin sharp nose with silicone? I'd silicone + septal cartilage for tip. However, my tip is so round and my nose isn't thin at all. I pray it is the swelling. Gosh :???:

I'm going for the second jab of Botox with Alaxis tomorrow, a clinic downtown. I'm so gonna bombard the doctor and make him tell me if Botox will be working for me. :lol: Hope it's not the fats on my face that has to be removed in order to get a slimmer contour. Cuz why? I already had e required fats removed by Dr. Chuang? How many times do I actually have to go thru that! I'm now really upset that Dr. Chuang removed so little fats. He always thought that my face doesnt require a lipo at all and he kept advising me to not do that. Never did I expect that he finally agreed, went ahead and remove so little fats. :? Yes, I do consider chin augumentation. But I thought it's just to give you a more defined chin? How does it takes away the chubby cheeks look? I do not have a chubby cheeks to begin with. My face is something like Dawn Yang's before surgery shape. I want to get something like her after surgery shape. But face lipo does not achieve that. Now, can anyone tell me what can I do? :???:

Haha.. I do look young too. I'm 21 but always get checked and double checked whenever I enter clubs. But without makeup, my eyebags can kill! :lol:

candall
Regular
Regular

Post by candall » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 1:40 pm

hi Kalyn

i think Dawn's nose is nt skinny
only certain pictures
i like her nose real nice

maybe the tip n alar can have a teeny bit more flesh to look natural
in certain angle
skinny nose is micheal jackson n some TCS extra :P
very faky
d u bring Dawn pic to Dr Chuang?

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 3:55 pm

candall wrote:hi Kalyn

i think Dawn's nose is nt skinny
only certain pictures
i like her nose real nice

maybe the tip n alar can have a teeny bit more flesh to look natural
in certain angle
skinny nose is micheal jackson n some TCS extra :P
very faky
d u bring Dawn pic to Dr Chuang?
What I like about Dawn's new nose is her bridge - its well blended from the point between her eyes and middle bridge and doesnt have the implant edgy look. Yes, I do agree her nose is not all than sharp and thin , you will notice she takes photos with her head down (most times) and that is just knowing how to present your best on a camera. Dawn has her chin augmented (obvious) so it does elongate the entire face hence changing the face shape. When you chin is strong, your face is less round from a distance.

Oh No, Mike Jackson is NO comparison at all - he does not have a nose, he has a deformed face. Who ever wants a nose like his is out of their minds. (his tip is so fragile)

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kwelll » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 4:02 pm

kalyn wrote:
kwelll wrote:

Great. You can safely proceed with Dr. Wong IMO. I might go for a consultation with Dr. Wong one day in regards to my lips too. Would like to ask him if I can further have it reduced. Lol. Dr. Chuang is tooo conservative, much too conservative. However, I understand why he would not remove too much lip tissue for my case. Over-reduction on my upper lip would expose the entire set of my upper teeth when I talk (if you get what I mean). So there are limitations to it. I'll work on the issue of my down-turned lips then see if further reduction is possible. For you, I would say go for it and good luck! :wink:

May I know where did you had your nose done? If I'm not mistaken , you had a revision? Were they performed by the same doctor? How long did you wait to have the next revision? I guess patience is what we need, it's true! If I were to have a revision, I'd go to Korea this time. You were saying you used to have a thin sharp nose with silicone? I'd silicone + septal cartilage for tip. However, my tip is so round and my nose isn't thin at all. I pray it is the swelling. Gosh :???:

I'm going for the second jab of Botox with Alaxis tomorrow, a clinic downtown. I'm so gonna bombard the doctor and make him tell me if Botox will be working for me. :lol: Hope it's not the fats on my face that has to be removed in order to get a slimmer contour. Cuz why? I already had e required fats removed by Dr. Chuang? How many times do I actually have to go thru that! I'm now really upset that Dr. Chuang removed so little fats. He always thought that my face doesnt require a lipo at all and he kept advising me to not do that. Never did I expect that he finally agreed, went ahead and remove so little fats. :? Yes, I do consider chin augumentation. But I thought it's just to give you a more defined chin? How does it takes away the chubby cheeks look? I do not have a chubby cheeks to begin with. My face is something like Dawn Yang's before surgery shape. I want to get something like her after surgery shape. But face lipo does not achieve that. Now, can anyone tell me what can I do? :???:

Haha.. I do look young too. I'm 21 but always get checked and double checked whenever I enter clubs. But without makeup, my eyebags can kill! :lol:
Good, I did not go to Dr Chuang at all as I found him conservative, too. However, depending on individual's goal and expectation, he should be fairly good at his craft. Many surgeons who lack experience or simply do not want to risk anything would adopt a conservative approach to cosmetic surgery. For me, If i want something enhanced say my chin, it had jolly well be a significant enhancement that I requested for, or else, its a big NO-NO , no matter what s/he tells me. As a patient, I feel the right to get 85% of what I expect and if the doctor is confident enough to go ahead with the procedure, s/he should honour that. FYI, revisions in cosmetic surgery is NOT uncommon - so don`t be afraid to check it out with the doctor and trash it out on the table. Do not settle for anything less than satisfactory and YOU know it best.

PS: Dr Jung did my revision mainly for the tip projection and lengthening, but my lovely straight high bridge is gone and now I have to worry about my round tip !!! His patients noses all have round tips !!

keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 4:42 pm

foubelle wrote:thanks keenose. but what i was asking was what are the different pros and cons of using the different materials. and which one was the safest?(i define safest to be able to last for a long time(hopefully a lifetime) without shifting or changing shape.)
I dont think there is enough cartilege to change the whole nose.. depends on what you are doing? If just tip enhancement, that should be ok.. but bridge.... ??

I'm not too sure.. but I was thinking that probably the cartilege cant give you the shape and support as compared to using implants?
New nose please~

keenose
Regular
Regular

Post by keenose » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 4:53 pm

Mia882 wrote:
keenose wrote:
Mia882 wrote:Hi,
Just checking if anyone in this forum had done eyelash implant? Anyone can advice on the process.. Very interested, but have no idea of the effect.. :roll:
Hi Mia,

"who" has done eyelash implant before.

She says that there isnt pain during the process (if I remember correctly)

Your implanted eyelashes will grow on its own.. in length. So you need to trim it.. if not you will look wierd.

And you need to curl it everyday!

And I heard its not easy to curl it. try curling your hair with your eyelash curler to get a feel.

Ya, but oso I understand the doctor will take a skin graft from the back of our hair, but just wondering if that hurts too... Like when washing my hair? And the size of the skin the doc take? By the way, do we need to remove the stitching for the eyelash implant? Sorry, I being too nagging but jus need check all my enquiries before do it.. :oops:

No, those will not hurt since. You only hurt when he jabs you with the anesthetics. and maybe you will hurt a little when the anesthetics wear off.

eyes will be bruised for 2 days and within a week.. should look normal.

No I dont remember reading her post about removing stitching for the eyelashes.

When she comes here, you can ask her for some first hand info!.. :)
    New nose please~

keenose
    Regular
    Regular

Post by keenose » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 4:56 pm

kwelll wrote:
    kalyn wrote:
    kwelll wrote:

Good, I did not go to Dr Chuang at all as I found him conservative, too. However, depending on individual's goal and expectation, he should be fairly good at his craft. Many surgeons who lack experience or simply do not want to risk anything would adopt a conservative approach to cosmetic surgery. For me, If i want something enhanced say my chin, it had jolly well be a significant enhancement that I requested for, or else, its a big NO-NO , no matter what s/he tells me. As a patient, I feel the right to get 85% of what I expect and if the doctor is confident enough to go ahead with the procedure, s/he should honour that. FYI, revisions in cosmetic surgery is NOT uncommon - so don`t be afraid to check it out with the doctor and trash it out on the table. Do not settle for anything less than satisfactory and YOU know it best.

PS: Dr Jung did my revision mainly for the tip projection and lengthening, but my lovely straight high bridge is gone and now I have to worry about my round tip !!! His patients noses all have round tips !!
    Wow seems like alot of people are saying Dr Chuang is very conservative! In that case, we got to exaggarate what we want... so that when he's done, probably that will be the result we want? LOL
    New nose please~

keenose
    Regular
    Regular

Post by keenose » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 4:57 pm

kalyn wrote:
    keenose wrote:
    Kalyn and Lapomme.... how are your noses doing?
    Hi girl, you can refer to the above post. :)
    Thanks! keep us posted yeah? Maybe when it deswells and all.. it would look different ?
    New nose please~

keenose
    Regular
    Regular

Post by keenose » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 5:01 pm

kalyn wrote:
    kwelll wrote:

I think Dawn did chin implants.. and was wondering if she have possibly done bone shaving!! Because her face has slimmed down so much!

And her before pictures, didnt look very much like angular (muscle) look..

well I'm just guessing.
    New nose please~

kwelll
    Chatter
    Chatter

Post by kwelll » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 5:40 pm

keenose wrote:
    kalyn wrote:
    kwelll wrote:

I think Dawn did chin implants.. and was wondering if she have possibly done bone shaving!! Because her face has slimmed down so much!

And her before pictures, didnt look very much like angular (muscle) look..

well I'm just guessing.
    Hey, she might have done the whole works if you get my drift - I think she got the blessing from her parents etc. Mind you, she was only a school girl when she had the make over. I only like her eyes to be honest.

keenose
    Regular
    Regular

Post by keenose » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 5:45 pm

?? sure she did it during school days?? I saw her school pics..

I thought she might have done it when she's working or something.

yeah i like her eyes too
    New nose please~

kwelll
    Chatter
    Chatter

Post by kwelll » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 5:55 pm

keenose wrote:?? sure she did it during school days?? I saw her school pics..

yeah i like her eyes too
    Well, I could be wrong but hey, who really cares? I mean her eyes are all fake lashes and tons of mascara & eye liner .... which pair of eyes wont look good?? LoL... YET ..... she dares to say "Oh no.... they are all mine" PUKE !

keenose
    Regular
    Regular

Post by keenose » Fri, 27 Jul 2007 5:59 pm

kwelll wrote:
    keenose wrote:?? sure she did it during school days?? I saw her school pics..

yeah i like her eyes too
    Well, I could be wrong but hey, who really cares? I mean her eyes are all fake lashes and tons of mascara & eye liner .... which pair of eyes wont look good?? LoL... YET ..... she dares to say "Oh no.... they are all mine" PUKE !
    LOL... well... I wouldnt dare say it if I was her.. especially when she looks so different.

Then again.. I wont know how to handle it if someone asks me! hahaha
    How would you reply if someone asked you ah?? share leh.

Her photos might be photoshoped.. so maybe she looks different in person?

I think her nose/ lips area looks wierd.
    New nose please~