Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
kwelll
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 03 Apr 2006

Postby kwelll » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 8:01 pm

takuda wrote:
kwelll wrote:
takuda wrote:yups, warping is scary. as scary as silicon extrusion. erm, who did chin augmentation w/ dr chuang recently? lol, the one who use Medphor or something..lazy to find..lol..how much did dr chuang charge? how long did swelling last? thks. :)


Hi Takuda,

No, I did not have chin augmentation but have to kay poh again... (big giggles)... He charges 60,000NT for this procedure and he prefers Mephor as it comes in various sizes and shapes so the result can be achieved fairly easily. Chin may bruise and the worst is the numbness which can take a few months to disappear. However, the swelling is not very obvious so your friends will not notice it unless of course you tell them so. I want all silicone out of my face, now !

You could try fillers to plump up your chin if yours isnt too receding type.


Am going to Japan to sort my lips and reposition my chin to suit my nose profile. Then, am done for at least a few years, I hope!! ke ke:)


well, you're not at all kaypoh! that's what this forum is for. err, i dunt knw if mine is the receding kind, but i HAVE a chin. but strong/weak, cant judge..try to lk into mirror cant see my own side view leh..haha..but my chin is not ''squarish'' is is er..pointed? but not VERY long..like, probably a shape of a leaf?(thats the worst example ever, yes). i don't know, but i hope my chin can complement a nice nose! :???:



Hi,

A chin must compliment the nose; its no good having a big chin making the nose too small or vice versa. Most people do not realise that their profile speaks volumes - the face is divided into thirds and so it must be balanced. If you take a photo of yourself on say your mobile phone, and if the chin is almost unnoticeable from the profile, it is short and receding. If from the frontal, your nose is shouting for attention but your chin doesnt compliment it, it is unbalanced.

The chin is especially important on a man's face as it can make one musculine (strong) with less of a double chin or fatty neckless appearance!! The moral of the story is: One must have the triangle of beauty (cheeks, nose and chin) that is harmonic to look pleasant . Needless to say, its a bonus to have a pair of electrifying eyes and am proud of confess i happen to own one and just wanting to brag about it, now. Ha Ha ....:)

FlyingMice
Regular
Regular
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue, 28 Nov 2006

Postby FlyingMice » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 8:31 pm

Kwell can show a picture of your face?

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 03 Apr 2006

Postby kwelll » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 8:42 pm

FlyingMice wrote:Kwell can show a picture of your face?


I would have asked this question if I were someone other than "Kwell". Pictures do speak volumes, unfortunately, it wouldnt be much fun anymore to throw in the towel now and reveal the "unfinished aesthetics". LOL...


Being in the artistic line and possessing a strong sense of the aesthetics (both inside and outside), it has always been my goal to bring out the best in me through confidence, and I can honestly and faithfully admit that cosmetic surgery has been one of the many avenues, for me thus far... whilst constantly learning and experimenting how to create and project "beauty" in more ways than one. Be honest to yourself and seek more medical opinions, cosmetic surgery is serious but can be fulfilling if done right and in total proportion to reality.

DMN
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed, 10 May 2006

Re: Hi

Postby DMN » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 9:08 pm

kalyn: ya, kwell is right. botox shld work within 2weeks. anything beyond u need to ck yr bone structure n revert to doc. oso, my jaw muscles relaxes well n now i probably need juz one more jab before mid of nxt yr.

kwell/candall: no problem. i post my pics for exchng la- no offence made n u can discuss whatever u like.

i m worried abt the upturn nose, mainly the hump. i know abt my nostrils n i accepted dr. Jung's explanation.

dr. Jung has done Columellar Strut. my original button nose was my main concern (dun really want high bridge, hope it will subside further....) after op, i asked dr Jung n dr Zhou repeatedly. both said i shld see improvement within 2-3 mths n final length in 6 mths and even after. dr. Jung showed me one similar case juz to assure me. the patient's nose indeed lengthened futher from 8-13 mths!

now that kwell said so, i kinda of understand why dr Jung used donor's septal cartilage is cos mine was too short to begin with and he used it to project out 3-4mm according to my file. cannot use ear cartilage as too soft and he did not want to use rib cartilage on me, while goretex for tip is totally out for dr. Jung.


which is why, he said if tip projection does not drop to same level as alar from side by Dec, he'll revise for free. becos his plan wld hv failed.... that is one thing he is confident with. but he did warn me my alar cld never cover my nostrils the way i want, and, he cld not do the covering fully cos he thinks it affects the aesthetics of my whole nose. but if i insist in dec, he'll also do it for free cos that was my no. 1 wish during consultation.

kwell, actually, my nostrils' is more covered than pre-op and if tip drops 30% more from here plus cartilage coverage revision in dec, i shld be quite happy cos my original condition was tough to restructure. ....perfection may not be within my means.

cannot show front view cos i dunno how to digi off my eye.

for now, i am just perturbed with this hump thing cos it is hard...does anyone has any clue abt my question:

REPEAT:
ANYONE with similar hump-ed tip postoperative 1 mth and it did flatten n lengthen over time??? Also, seems the hump comes from some cartilage-feeling stuff right under the alar - below the bridge. When I clean they r causing blockage. What r they??? Permanent features or will drop or will downsize over time??? Does it affect the lengthening process???

i guess if no answer better i contact dr. Jung cos it is abt time i send him my photos.

thanks for yr inputs!!! :-)

btw, candall, dr jung used open method only.
cheers,
dmn

candall
Regular
Regular
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue, 07 Nov 2006

Postby candall » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:21 pm

about receding chin
take a very good side profile picture
draw a imaginary line from forhead down cutting thru the nose
and to the tip of chin
if it is not a straight line
and the chin line falls behind the straight line
AND then if u wanna nicer profile and got money to splurge
can consider chin augmentation lor
well the consolation is most people do not have a straight line

candall
Regular
Regular
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue, 07 Nov 2006

Postby candall » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:27 pm

hi DMN

do u mind share how is the fat grafting so far?
i ask 2 more doctors here and they said fat difficult to 'bond' with the skin
and it dissolve too quick
i believe u r almost 2 mths post ops now
is it still nice?
and also they warn me abt the discoloration tat can stay
u still have tat?

thanks heapz

candall
Regular
Regular
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue, 07 Nov 2006

Postby candall » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:40 pm

personally i think nose is consider short if the other portion of face is long
if the face is nt long, i think it is nicer with a shorter nose n vice versa

kwell is right about dividing face into 3 parts each has to be equal to be harmonious..
best do some research, self evaulate and get some idea
then listen out for opinions fr the PS
i would prepare some pics of what i want
someone similar face shape then at least more achievable n look like a improved me lor :lol:

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 03 Apr 2006

Re: Hi

Postby kwelll » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:42 pm

DMN wrote:kalyn: ya, kwell is right. botox shld work within 2weeks. anything beyond u need to ck yr bone structure n revert to doc. oso, my jaw muscles relaxes well n now i probably need juz one more jab before mid of nxt yr.

kwell/candall: no problem. i post my pics for exchng la- no offence made n u can discuss whatever u like.

i m worried abt the upturn nose, mainly the hump. i know abt my nostrils n i accepted dr. Jung's explanation.

dr. Jung has done Columellar Strut. my original button nose was my main concern (dun really want high bridge, hope it will subside further....) after op, i asked dr Jung n dr Zhou repeatedly. both said i shld see improvement within 2-3 mths n final length in 6 mths and even after. dr. Jung showed me one similar case juz to assure me. the patient's nose indeed lengthened futher from 8-13 mths!

now that kwell said so, i kinda of understand why dr Jung used donor's septal cartilage is cos mine was too short to begin with and he used it to project out 3-4mm according to my file. cannot use ear cartilage as too soft and he did not want to use rib cartilage on me, while goretex for tip is totally out for dr. Jung.


which is why, he said if tip projection does not drop to same level as alar from side by Dec, he'll revise for free. becos his plan wld hv failed.... that is one thing he is confident with. but he did warn me my alar cld never cover my nostrils the way i want, and, he cld not do the covering fully cos he thinks it affects the aesthetics of my whole nose. but if i insist in dec, he'll also do it for free cos that was my no. 1 wish during consultation.

kwell, actually, my nostrils' is more covered than pre-op and if tip drops 30% more from here plus cartilage coverage revision in dec, i shld be quite happy cos my original condition was tough to restructure. ....perfection may not be within my means.

cannot show front view cos i dunno how to digi off my eye.

for now, i am just perturbed with this hump thing cos it is hard...does anyone has any clue abt my question:

REPEAT:
ANYONE with similar hump-ed tip postoperative 1 mth and it did flatten n lengthen over time??? Also, seems the hump comes from some cartilage-feeling stuff right under the alar - below the bridge. When I clean they r causing blockage. What r they??? Permanent features or will drop or will downsize over time??? Does it affect the lengthening process???

i guess if no answer better i contact dr. Jung cos it is abt time i send him my photos.

thanks for yr inputs!!! :-)

btw, candall, dr jung used open method only.
cheers,
dmn


Hey ...

Glad our comments went well with you and I think good things happen to those who wait. Just for the record, I suspected Dr Jung had a difficult task to begin, and am sure he did the best he could with yours. I do appreciate the patience is a virtue as time does heal most 'wounds' (except my broken heart)- all the best to you. But yes, I agree that cosmetic surgery is to enhance and improve what we already have, not perfection, this is essential for those who contemplate on embarking on this rocky but fulfilling journey. Patience does help.

Nonetheless, if Dr Jung has given you the lovely option of a secondary op to improve the sight of nostrils, you go for it gal - its your face and only face, be firm in your decision. I, for one, hate overly exposed nostrils its bad "Mien Siang" and aesthetically compromised (IMO).

Guess, what? I did drainage today at a local doctor's, my goodness - no wonder my swelling around the tip didnt subside (or did I suspect something seriously wrong?) cos there is retained fluid in there !!! Now the experience wasnt fun, needles, punchers, fingers, pressure, blood (plus pus) all over !! (okay.. sorry guys).... I was smart enough to dip my nose in my lovely bath tub in the hope of washing the nose out !!! Wala.... INFECTION !!!! Keep all raw wounds as dry as hay guys.... or this is what you get.

Cheers

astrogirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu, 08 Jun 2006

Postby astrogirl » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:10 pm

DMN wrote:astrogirl/i's: no, i did normal brow lift NOT endoscopic brow lift. dr. Jung, cut some skin n lift the muscles, which explained my scalp's sensitiveness.

i did below all with dr. Jung
fat grafting to my forehead & grove around my mouth
traditional (localized) brow lift,
rhinoplasty,
lower bleph, and,
scar and red veins removal.

herewith my eyebags before & after op:

http://img258.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 00k6m.smil

the one in daylight is before n the night in dimmed lights are after. i am most satisfied cos the bags r mostly gone and skin can only get better! :-)

sorry, cannot show brow lift diff. it is same as botox lift just tt this is permanent. BUT traditional lift cannot do same as endoscopic brow lift - lifting lid between brows n eyes n eye corners. i know ppl in 30s who did it and it gave them fresh looks again. coupled it with good skin regime or laser, some yrs can be reversed.


Hi DMN

Thanks so much for sharing....WOW..........very brave with quite a few procedure done, huh?!?! Dr Jung sounds like a responsible Dr, update us with your progress with your tip and the rest. Thanks!
astrogirl

DMN
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed, 10 May 2006

Postby DMN » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 4:21 am

candall: did u ask me abt scar from brow lift? think u can only see very slight scar from the op

http://img514.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 20lid.smil

kalyn: for lower bleph/eyebag op resutls, i hv updated the photo cos the previous post-op pic is not clear. u can see the results. dr. Jung did remove a little fats n reposition the bal. post-op pic here shows no bags at all tho skin is still a little tender but doing fine.

http://img258.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 00k6m.smil

candall: fat graft is doing fine for forehead and temple. I like these areas better now. it is 1 mth no 2 mths post-op. not sure if more will be absorbed. i like that my brow bone is less protruding from side profile.
as for fat graft to grove around mouth, the grove is gone. but i m not excited abt it cos am nv worried abt the slight grove there.
it is strange that the swell lowered to my lower cheek beside my lower lip - causing a grove. like i hv a little baby fat kind of look. weird. am thinking of doing titan at that area to remove it!
at st james tonight, 2 ppl i met for first time cld not believe i m 37...they said i look 28/29. they probably miss my heavy lid... :shock: must be the bad lightings and the 'baby fats'. for next fill - definitely skipping the lower face.
overall, all men frens thot i lost weight. think it has to do with the added bridge and fats padded forehead which gives the face 'more dimension'. but to me n my housemate, i m still swelling n kind of chubby esp lower face. :roll:

DMN
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed, 10 May 2006

Re: Hi

Postby DMN » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 4:23 am

kwelll wrote:Guess, what? I did drainage today at a local doctor's, my goodness - no wonder my swelling around the tip didnt subside (or did I suspect something seriously wrong?) cos there is retained fluid in there !!! Now the experience wasnt fun, needles, punchers, fingers, pressure, blood (plus pus) all over !! (okay.. sorry guys).... I was smart enough to dip my nose in my lovely bath tub in the hope of washing the nose out !!! Wala.... INFECTION !!!! Keep all raw wounds as dry as hay guys.... or this is what you get.


kwell: sucks! so is yr nose better now?

kwelll
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 03 Apr 2006

Re: Hi

Postby kwelll » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 9:00 am

DMN wrote:
kwelll wrote:Guess, what? I did drainage today at a local doctor's, my goodness - no wonder my swelling around the tip didnt subside (or did I suspect something seriously wrong?) cos there is retained fluid in there !!! Now the experience wasnt fun, needles, punchers, fingers, pressure, blood (plus pus) all over !! (okay.. sorry guys).... I was smart enough to dip my nose in my lovely bath tub in the hope of washing the nose out !!! Wala.... INFECTION !!!! Keep all raw wounds as dry as hay guys.... or this is what you get.


kwell: sucks! so is yr nose better now?


Oh heaps better ... the pressure is gone and its instantly smaller with 80% of the swelling gone!! Thank goodness - couldn`t live with a swollen nose for any longer.... But, now I think I have a "Li Lihua" nose !!!! Haha ... still waiting for the tip to "settle" and write my report to Dr. Jung. Am sure he would be excited to find out what is going on, just don`t want to jump the gun too early.

btw, your bridge height is lovely- dunt think its too high.. yes
Cheers

mynose!
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu, 05 Apr 2007

Postby mynose! » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 9:01 pm

kwell: Hey how long ago did u do ur nose by dr jung for you to get an infection just by wetting ur nose!?

DMN: hey...u said u did ur nose bridge?... what did u use for your bridge..with Dr.Jung do you think he can raise the bridge with cartlige?....u said that he used donated septal cartilage but for ur tip...think he would use it on the bridge?

im going in dec..i cant wait!!!

leenaaaa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun, 12 Feb 2006

Postby leenaaaa » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:09 pm

jovinliu,

When Dr Chuang did your revision double eyelid, did he detach the previous scar from the first operation, or did he just make a new crease above the old one?

ALso are you using anything for your epicanthoplasty scar?

DMN
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed, 10 May 2006

Postby DMN » Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:19 pm

mynose: hi! better u go back to check the posts la...been repeating until i feel embarrassed. gd luck with yr op in dec. :-)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest