Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Bring along a photogragh

Post by ocean11 » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 2:01 pm

Hi broke,
thanks for the advice.. u are making me really scare now..hehehehe.. :lol:
Can u be kind enough tell me which doc did ur mom's nose? too high? if i am not wrong they should have various sizes for u to choose.. i am not going to do very high, just abit lift up on my bridge only. so i guess should be ok? I AM SCARE!! :cry:

Broke wrote:If you are going YanHee for surgery bring a photo or pic to show the Dr how you like your nose to be done.
My mum had a nose done at yanhee too.
Not bad but I find her new nose too high to compliment for face :)

astar
Regular
Regular

Post by astar » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 5:30 pm

hey ocean11, just a tip for u because i can understand how u feel about going overseas for such an operation. if u have time, go to the guan yin temple at bugis or joo chiat to pray for an amulet and wear it with u during the operation for blessings. den yr operation will go smoothly. i had a surgery to take out 4 wisdom teeth and 4 molar teeth before for my braces and tats what i did and amongst all the patients in the ward ( they all had similar surgery) i'm the one with the most teeth extracted but with the least problem of all.. can talk right after i woke up and eat the very next day! even though i dunno u, but i really hope tat u'll come out of this happily and healthily!! so yea, no harm trying it!! :D good luck!!!

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 7:54 pm

howdy astar!! thanks so much for the suggestion.. but i think it abit too late now.. flying tomorrow already.. :(
I really really very scare.. but excited as well, it really a mixed feeling, i got very low threshold of pain!! got phobia in needle too... i really afraid i will chicken out last min!!! :shock:
Lucky i booked the hotel that is walking distance to my fav 4 faces buddha, so i will pray everyday till the day i return to SG... and hopefully will post here with a happy tone..
When are u going?? you wish to do the rhinoplasty too rite?? not to worry, I will let u know how Dr Sukit skill. :wink:

astar wrote:hey ocean11, just a tip for u because i can understand how u feel about going overseas for such an operation. if u have time, go to the guan yin temple at bugis or joo chiat to pray for an amulet and wear it with u during the operation for blessings. den yr operation will go smoothly. i had a surgery to take out 4 wisdom teeth and 4 molar teeth before for my braces and tats what i did and amongst all the patients in the ward ( they all had similar surgery) i'm the one with the most teeth extracted but with the least problem of all.. can talk right after i woke up and eat the very next day! even though i don't know u, but i really hope tat u'll come out of this happily and healthily!! so yea, no harm trying it!! :D good luck!!!

catalyst

Post by catalyst » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 8:05 pm

ocean11
maybe u can just take a before/after photo of just your nose area? like a side profile or something? u can crop away your eyes and chin?
by the way, does your in laws know u r going to BKK for this surgery? jus curious.. u'll be alone thru out these 8 days?

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 9:19 pm

Catalyst,
err... i mentioned liao..the digital camera not with me now la..
Is my mother-in-law who encourage me to go one.. actually she supposed to go with me, but last min she got something on, so yes i will be there 8 days alone.. why? wanna to join me?? hohohoho...
catalyst wrote:ocean11
maybe u can just take a before/after photo of just your nose area? like a side profile or something? u can crop away your eyes and chin?
by the way, does your in laws know u r going to BKK for this surgery? jus curious.. u'll be alone thru out these 8 days?

catalyst

Post by catalyst » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:00 pm

ocean11
oh i see! wah! so your in law is keeping u keep this secret from your hubby lah! so cute!
haa! i wish i can join u but it's really too short a notice but i m defintely doing mine before x'mas'05!
Anyway, good luck to u!

astar
Regular
Regular

Post by astar » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 1:55 am

hey ocean11! u're welcome!! cos i'd be feeling abt the same way as you r feeling rite now if i were u.. to go for an overseas operation all only in a foreign country, i'd really wish with all my heart that everything will turn out ok!! hahha.. i'm going to do it next year during my holidays so tat i will have enough recuperation time. n i will definitely appreciate i if u can tell us the details of your trip! :D anyway, bon voyage and good luck!!! :D :D :D

catalyst

Post by catalyst » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 1:01 pm

Broke

Which Dr in Yanhee did your mum's nose? And how long was it before u can see the full effect of the rhinoplasty? Cos i read that I may not be able to see the final improvement from the operation for weeks or months.

Broke

Re: Bring along a photogragh

Post by Broke » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 5:37 pm

Hi Ocean 11

Her Dr is Pitch Paiboonkasemsutthi.M.D

The shape of the nose is okay but I think is too high too suit her face.
For her, she was under aesthesia so the DR could not ask for her opinion during the operation..
Anway everyone has different standard when comes to "high", "natural" ....
Hence when you tell the doc natural, it can be quite dangerous.
As what I said his interpretation maybe different from yours.
A picture tells a thousand words and it can safe you from a lot of trouble later.

Hi catalyst
The full effect of the rhinoplasty can be seen really fast. as for my mom the swellin went alway about 3 days hence by then the results can be seen.
Eye surgery will need to take half year to look natural.

An for those who wanted to have doublre eyelids done in Bk.
I felt that the doctors were not skifull enough as I felt the crease is too deep to look natural.

ocean11 wrote:Hi broke,
thanks for the advice.. u are making me really scare now..hehehehe.. :lol:
Can u be kind enough tell me which doc did ur mom's nose? too high? if i am not wrong they should have various sizes for u to choose.. i am not going to do very high, just abit lift up on my bridge only. so i guess should be ok? I AM SCARE!! :cry:

Broke wrote:If you are going YanHee for surgery bring a photo or pic to show the Dr how you like your nose to be done.
My mum had a nose done at yanhee too.
Not bad but I find her new nose too high to compliment for face :)

catalyst

Post by catalyst » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 6:07 pm

Broke
Yah! i know that there are 2 kinds of anesthesia.. where one is right after the ops, the Dr will ask for the patient's opinion and make any necessary adjustments before stitching up

Wah! Your mum's sweeling really takes very fast to go away!!! Fastest i ever heard! Anyway, how long she stayed there?

So while waiting for ocean11 to come back from her ops, i will seek advice from Dr Colin Song, head of Plastic Surgery in SGH and then proceed to do it in Yanhee... Since i think Dr Song will be able to communicate better with me and i prefer to Q&A in person rather than emailing to yanhee's English rep...

I will probably bring a photo with me to show the BKK Dr roughly what i want...

Thanks for your reply!

Broke

Post by Broke » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 10:21 pm

Sorry forgot to add in the days she stay in BK. She stayed there for 3 days so when I see her is already Fourth day.

Anyway nose job secovery time is shorter than other procedures.

Remember to ask for antibiotics.

By the way one of my korean girlfriend told me that double eye lids surgery only cost $1.2K US dollars (around S$2000). not expensive.
So I presume the nose job also not too expensive

catalyst wrote:Broke
Yah! i know that there are 2 kinds of anesthesia.. where one is right after the ops, the Dr will ask for the patient's opinion and make any necessary adjustments before stitching up

Wah! Your mum's sweeling really takes very fast to go away!!! Fastest i ever heard! Anyway, how long she stayed there?

So while waiting for ocean11 to come back from her ops, i will seek advice from Dr Colin Song, head of Plastic Surgery in SGH and then proceed to do it in Yanhee... Since i think Dr Song will be able to communicate better with me and i prefer to Q&A in person rather than emailing to yanhee's English rep...

I will probably bring a photo with me to show the BKK Dr roughly what i want...

Thanks for your reply!

catalyst

Post by catalyst » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:14 pm

Broke
wow! your mum is only there for 3 days!!! i thought there will be a follow up on the 5th day???

Anyway, i already checked yanhee website and ocean11 already confirmed that nose job will cost USD450...

Thanks!

astar
Regular
Regular

Post by astar » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 3:43 am

hey! i just heard from my fren tat thailand is quite a scary place for a gal to go alone! issit true?? cos i dunwan to get hiv, cheated or get into anything worse there!!! i'm quite scared now! how? :shock:

catalyst

Post by catalyst » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 6:36 am

astar
i havent been to BKK alone but i have been out there shopping alone while my boyfriend attended his meetings! It was alright! The people there are very friendly and everywhere there are tourists!

If u r afraid of the HIV issue, maybe u can be like my friend, who demanded to check that all the needles are new and etc... before going into the ops room!!!

As for ocena11, she have to make this trip as her hubby isn't around till end of Oct! and it's a "now or never" decision! Haa! Let's pray for her and wish her luck!!!

Broke

You can asked the tour agency to arrange someone to pick you

Post by Broke » Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:42 pm

You can asked the tour agency to arrange someone to pick you up at the airport and fetch you to the hospital. The hospital will have a translator attached you.

astar wrote:hey! i just heard from my fren tat thailand is quite a scary place for a girl to go alone! issit true?? because i dunwan to get hiv, cheated or get into anything worse there!!! i'm quite scared now! how? :shock: