Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
babyk

Postby babyk » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:18 pm

Everything is totally normal in terms of lopsided bruising and swelling, trust me I know firsthand. Plus several days ago, the area between my eyes and higher was swollen so much that I looked like a monster and from the side view, it looked like one of those nosejobs that people added too much bridge so looked kinda straight down if you know what I mean?

My left eye is still more swollen too and I was ready to cry the other day b/c I thought the doctor really messed me up & then all the blood flowed to my face and it made my bruised nose hurt even more so I made myself calm down and took a nap lol :D

Don't worry guys, we're all going to be beautiful very soon!! [-o<

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ocean11 » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 4:18 pm

Kalyn,
my side profile so far look quite balance.. only my right side tip seem to be more swollen then left side, so sometime like machaim crooked.. but sometime not!? aiyo.. bay ki siao liao..

ya.. my tip still quite numb..
u know, open method really take hell of long time to heal.. now i don dare to take pic.. cos look like a man!! becos of the tip..

did u still contiune with the splint?? i think that one will actually helps to reduce the swelling fast..
at first i was quite hardworking, every nite b4 i sleep i will put.. but now lazy liao.. that is why the swell took so long to sudside.. but last nite i do it again.. i will try to put it on everynite til i find the tip subside!! mabe u can try that too..

u know wat.. this morning i had a nitemare!! i dream of my nose deformed!! den doc jung told me it ok, he is going to refund the money and so on.. :shock: so i argue back wat is the point and blah blah blah.. then out of sudden i heard my dog barked!! it woke me up immed..
then i realised it just a nitemare.. but still rushed to the mirror and check on my nose.. phew..my nose still intact, and mei mei. 8-[quote="kalyn"]:

kalyn wrote:
ocean11 wrote:She not korean la.. she china..

my nose ok la.. height now hmm.. can accept lor.. but heard it will go down bout 20% again, if like that, will be too low liao.. so let see how...
The only thing i cant take it now is the tip!! still very bulbous lor.. DMN said 1-2 mths.. i doubt la.. it will take more then that.. me going to be a mth liao, still look rounded to me.. mabe last time my quite sharp, so i cant accept this bulbous tip now. Wat i am afriad now was, it going to be bulbous like that :o .. cos ear cartilage not like L implant.. the tip is sharper, but ofcos as time goes by.. the tip will be too sharp and became very fake for L.

But i really don like the bulbous tip, look very manly!! :o nobody can tell me how much more will it subside after 3 mths lay here.. sigh...

mine was been charge 4500USD.

Hi Ocean, you're not the only one. My height of the nose has went down a little too. From the left side view, the height looks just nice. But from the right side view, the height looks too high. I wonder if anyone else is facing this? Does this mean that my implant is crooked or is it just that the swelling on one side is more? Thanks for any reply.

We're similar on the bulbous tip! I find that my tip before was sharper than now too, and that this tip is very round now. It has been 16 days since surgery. I guess we'll only have to wait for it to deswell cus the tip takes the longest to subside... Do your nose stil feels numb?

Hope it gets better everyday! :)

foubelle
Regular
Regular

Postby foubelle » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 7:30 pm

kalyn wrote:
foubelle wrote:hahas. i think both bublous and sharp all good as long as it's FLESHY! cos i read that some sharp noses are very bony. i dont know how to explain to you but one look and it's a ku3 ming4 lian3 but if sharp as in like that korean actress, then i think it's not ku ming at all lehs. her's is considered fleshy tip.

one question. actually donor's cartilege is not yur won cartilege right? so wouldnt your body still treat it as a foreign object?

anyway, dr quote me 12000USD for face shaping. DMN, if you still seeing dr jung, can help me ask if it's for both procedures altogether or is it for each procedure. and how long the down time? thanks hor.

so where are you staying now?

Hi foubelle, may I know what exactly are the procedures involved in face shaping? I guess it includes more that one procedure? 12000USD is really exp, guess I'll never be able to afford that :???:

Thanks and Good luck to you!

something about malar and manibular angle reduction.

foubelle
Regular
Regular

Postby foubelle » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 7:34 pm

aiyoh, ocean11, you worry too much larhs. it's def going to be mei mei after the swelling goes down. then maybe you can take a pic on the nose and let us see?

wah. very excited liaos leh. i ask dr jung, he quoted me 4000USD on the email. will he increase the price when i see him personally?

how's your autologus fat transfered forehead now DMN?

DMN
Regular
Regular

Postby DMN » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 8:00 pm

foubelle wrote:DMN: cool! youve been studying chinese metaphysics for so long! i've always been interested in metaphysics and the cosmos for as long as i can remember. since i was very very young but i find that to understand most chinese metaphysics, especially things lik fengshui and more intricate things like zhi wei dou shu, you need to read the chinese versions and oh... my chinese is so bad. :x

how much does the appartment cost?

actually, i'm quite interested in baby's first qns as well. can you still do the piggy nose thing after surgery?

foubelle: the apartment cost usd60/day. i went out to buy food to cook today. got really sick of korean food after 4 days n even simple good old banana is better now.

ya, for open nose and I shape, we shld be able to do piggy nose thingy but not yet for me till another 3-5 mths. the nose needs to re-structure. for baby's nose, i m afraid not really cos it is L shape impant.

my forehead is taking shape and stop swelling further. it looks good. docs r saying today tt from now on, i shld see my features all taking forms.

today my stitches r beginning to itch. damn scared of D-day....de-stitching day...sure very painful.

++
Kalyn n foubelle: on bone-shaving:

two areas - a. jaw b. malar (cheekbone)

2 methods a. literally shaving bone b. for cheekbone - cutting and arching the bone in.

i wrote earlier itt n FG taiwan forum there r ladies who complained of sagging skin n hving to do face lift after bone-shaving. it has to do with age and the original face structure.
some pple do not hv that much excessive bone to shave thus need not go for this procedures, otherwise, yr skin will sag!!! i discussed this with Dr. Jung n that's why instead of reducing i m upping the volume with autologous fat transplant. cos I need not do botox for jaw line as my cheekbone is the protruding part. He estimated tt I may need TWO (!!!!) face lift if i shave my cheekbone to balance the laxity.

the asesthic of one's face is about balance. pls do consider carefully as bone-shaving procedure is much more complex and has highest rate of complications. recovery takes 6 months.

if net cost is usd8000 and done by a good surgeon, i think it is reasonable. but do shop around - go to the BEST doc, pls.

good luck!

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ocean11 » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 10:30 pm

no la no la.. not worry la.. (a little la) just that having bad dream cannot control lay.. somemore this few mths kept talking about nose, so will definately dreamt of noses lor.. even sometime if i cant sleep, instead of count sheep.. i count nose!! hehehe..

don think ah jung is that kind of doc la.. he quite steady boon pi pi one.. so no worries la.. but u seriously going to do shaving of face huh?? 12,000USD wor!! sibei rich u.. :shock:

foubelle wrote:aiyoh, ocean11, you worry too much larhs. it's def going to be mei mei after the swelling goes down. then maybe you can take a pic on the nose and let us see?

wah. very excited liaos leh. i ask dr jung, he quoted me 4000USD on the email. will he increase the price when i see him personally?

how's your autologus fat transfered forehead now DMN?

foubelle
Regular
Regular

Postby foubelle » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:12 am

after what DMN said about facelifts. i'm still thinking leh. cos somewhere i read dr chuang from taiwan only 7500sing. so it's like so much cheaper larh. still deciding. i'm most probably going to look for jung for nose(you all make me so excited larhs) and the forehead. maybe a brolift cos it's nice to be able to apply more colours for eyeshadow. or else very sian leh. my eye to brow area so small, es all cannot use finish, buy new ones will get scolded lorhs.

hahas. is it me or what. i dont want a korean nose lehs. i want an angmoh nose. those likelindsay lohan or jessica alba kind of nose.

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Postby kalyn » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 2:50 am

ocean11 wrote:Kalyn,
my side profile so far look quite balance.. only my right side tip seem to be more swollen then left side, so sometime like machaim crooked.. but sometime not!? aiyo.. bay ki siao liao..

u know, open method really take hell of long time to heal.. now i don dare to take pic.. cos look like a man!! becos of the tip..

did u still contiune with the splint?? i think that one will actually helps to reduce the swelling fast..
at first i was quite hardworking, every nite b4 i sleep i will put.. but now lazy liao.. that is why the swell took so long to sudside.. but last nite i do it again.. i will try to put it on everynite til i find the tip subside!! mabe u can try that too..

u know wat.. this morning i had a nitemare!! i dream of my nose deformed!! den doc jung told me it ok, he is going to refund the money and so on.. :shock: so i argue back wat is the point and blah blah blah.. then out of sudden i heard my dog barked!! it woke me up immed..
then i realised it just a nitemare.. but still rushed to the mirror and check on my nose.. phew..my nose still intact, and mei mei.

Hahaha, you're one funny babe! Yeah, I don't dare to take pics too, cus I looked like deformed/disfigured. :x

Is the splint you're talking bout like a "plaster" on the nose? I don't wear anything like a splint. Can I know where to get that? Hmm.. Anyway, Dr.C took out the "plaster" on my nose the next day after my surgery. He said the earlier its taken out, the lesser pain it is when trying to take it out. I don't know if it makes sense but I thought it's supposed to be there for at least three to four days after the surgery to help with the swelling. Or maybe it's becus he took out too early, my nose is still so swollen now! :cry:

Aiyo girl, can see you're really stressed with your nose till you'd a nightmare. Come, I sayang you! Haha :lol: We're in the same boat so we must encourage each other more. Let's wait patiently for results!

Anyway, the swell on my face haven't really subside at all cus I didn't wear the headband. I feel like I'm to complain and I don't know who to complain to, I REALLY CAN'T SLEEP WITH THE HEADBAND. I'm already having insomnia and this only makes it worse! :cry: :cry: :cry: Okay, feel much better after I shout it out. :lol:

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Postby kalyn » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 2:59 am

DMN wrote: foubelle: the apartment cost usd60/day. i went out to buy food to cook today. got really sick of korean food after 4 days n even simple good old banana is better now.

ya, for open nose and I shape, we shld be able to do piggy nose thingy but not yet for me till another 3-5 mths. the nose needs to re-structure. for baby's nose, i m afraid not really cos it is L shape impant.

my forehead is taking shape and stop swelling further. it looks good. docs r saying today tt from now on, i shld see my features all taking forms.

today my stitches r beginning to itch. damn scared of D-day....de-stitching day...sure very painful.

++
Kalyn n foubelle: on bone-shaving:

two areas - a. jaw b. malar (cheekbone)

2 methods a. literally shaving bone b. for cheekbone - cutting and arching the bone in.

i wrote earlier itt n FG taiwan forum there r ladies who complained of sagging skin n hving to do face lift after bone-shaving. it has to do with age and the original face structure.
some pple do not hv that much excessive bone to shave thus need not go for this procedures, otherwise, yr skin will sag!!! i discussed this with Dr. Jung n that's why instead of reducing i m upping the volume with autologous fat transplant. cos I need not do botox for jaw line as my cheekbone is the protruding part. He estimated tt I may need TWO (!!!!) face lift if i shave my cheekbone to balance the laxity.

the asesthic of one's face is about balance. pls do consider carefully as bone-shaving procedure is much more complex and has highest rate of complications. recovery takes 6 months.

if net cost is usd8000 and done by a good surgeon, i think it is reasonable. but do shop around - go to the BEST doc, pls.

good luck!

Wow, that's really some new stuff I've learnt. I didn't know about the risks coming with bone shaving, thanks for informing us!

I don't think I'll be brave enough to go thru all these! :shock:

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ocean11 » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 9:41 am

if u really like those ang moh's nose.. must tell Jung!!! and rem to insist!!! but seriously, not many asian face can take caucasian's nose wor.. i think u beta discuss with Jung.

shave jaw huh? ok.. mabe after u read this story of this taiwan actress, u might want to change ur mind.. cos it really quite a major op!

there's this actress in taiwan, her name is SHi Rong.. she is famous as 'Plastic surgery queen' she had about 30 over different kinda of procedures on her face.. the last time was about 4 mths ago and it was a major one in korea.. she went to this call Grand clinic (nvr go there! althou i heard it quite renowed in korea)
SHe redone her nose and eyes (the previous one was done in taipei.. it was a failure, but i think now worst!), she shaved her jaw from long to short and if i am not wrong, she done up her cheek or chin as well.. and lip too.
Frankly.. to me it was a total mess! her nose especially!! very similar to MJ!! :o the eyes still one big one small, her mouth too wide!!
but her surgeon was right in one thing. if u have a longer face, u will look older.. she make it short, so she appear to be slighly younger, but her rest of her face pretty messed up.. anyway, she created this journal of her plastic surgery in korea. http://tw.fashion.yahoo.com/blog/WIl4Oe ... e/?mid=559 (scroll all the way down of her journal, u can read her part 1-5)
this is her before to korea photo http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3025/dsc02546vz3.jpg
and she look much better last time.. poor gal.. and i think she abit regretted too. she cried on her interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTNArOW5s9k *sigh* and there's this show all gals celebraities suppose to remove all make up see who has natural beauty (which i think it a cruel show) when Shi Rong removed her make up.. everybody slient! can u imagine how bad was that!! really pity her..
she really over done it.. so guys, pls nvr nvr over do ur surgery, i know PS can be addictive, but must know where to stop..
PS can be beautify but too much will end up terrify :shock:

foubelle wrote:after what DMN said about facelifts. i'm still thinking leh. cos somewhere i read dr chuang from taiwan only 7500sing. so it's like so much cheaper larh. still deciding. i'm most probably going to look for jung for nose(you all make me so excited larhs) and the forehead. maybe a brolift cos it's nice to be able to apply more colours for eyeshadow. or else very sian leh. my eye to brow area so small, es all cannot use finish, buy new ones will get scolded lorhs.

hahas. is it me or what. i dont want a korean nose lehs. i want an angmoh nose. those likelindsay lohan or jessica alba kind of nose.
Last edited by ocean11 on Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ocean11 » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:12 am

kalyn,
the splint was given by ah pa jung.. it something like a hard plastic thingy with pores holes and when u soak inside the hot water it became soft. and when u mould it on ur nose, it became hard and steady ur shape of the nose. it pretty useful! most importantly it helps me to sleep peacfully cos with that splint i am not afriad that i'll knock my nose while sleeping..U can take out urself if u prepare to going out and before u sleep put it back again..

and yes! i read alot of article about the recovery of nose, most of the surgeon suggested u must wear the splint at least a week to stabilize the nose shape and the splint also help to reduce swelling fast.
actually Jung was advised me to wear at least 3 weeks.. just that becos i was having running nose that is why i wore about 2 weeks i stop, now i wore back again lor..
i don think u can buy from anywhere lay gal... sorry cant help u this..
actually i can see my swelling going down alot liao, and my tip also slightly less bulbous.. just that i am a super implatient woman la.. hehehe.. cos i really long time no go cheong liao!! don want to go cheong with swelling nose.. that is why panic attacked sometime!! hahaha.. :lol:

hehe.. okok.. sayang u back!! :console:

we all jia you!!

kalyn wrote:
ocean11 wrote:Kalyn,

then i realised it just a nitemare.. but still rushed to the mirror and check on my nose.. phew..my nose still intact, and mei mei.

Hahaha, you're one funny babe! Yeah, I don't dare to take pics too, cus I looked like deformed/disfigured. :x

Is the splint you're talking bout like a "plaster" on the nose? I don't wear anything like a splint. Can I know where to get that? Hmm.. Anyway, Dr.C took out the "plaster" on my nose the next day after my surgery. He said the earlier its taken out, the lesser pain it is when trying to take it out. I don't know if it makes sense but I thought it's supposed to be there for at least three to four days after the surgery to help with the swelling. Or maybe it's becus he took out too early, my nose is still so swollen now! :cry:

Aiyo girl, can see you're really stressed with your nose till you'd a nightmare. Come, I sayang you! Haha :lol: We're in the same boat so we must encourage each other more. Let's wait patiently for results!

Anyway, the swell on my face haven't really subside at all cus I didn't wear the headband. I feel like I'm to complain and I don't know who to complain to, I REALLY CAN'T SLEEP WITH THE HEADBAND. I'm already having insomnia and this only makes it worse! :cry: :cry: :cry: Okay, feel much better after I shout it out. :lol:

babyk

Postby babyk » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:03 pm

I think my nose surgery is bad. I'm the one that got an L shaped implant. I thought I had some dried blood inside my nose, no big deal I cleared it out of the way with a q-tip. I kept feeling something on the left nostril. In my right nostril, I can feel flesh towards the inner part. Left nostril, I can see the white silicon part and no flesh!

Does anyone know if this is normal and flesh is supposed to grow over it? I'm going to have to go to a real surgeon and get my nose fixed. I hope I can do it ASAP but I heard I have to wait 6 months :shock:

BlueberryMochi

Postby BlueberryMochi » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:23 pm

Oh wow.. that PS queen, Shirong, her eyes are pretty but the area
between the nose and mouth looks weird. She resembles Dawn Yang from nose down..

BabyK,
I'm worried about u,better have your nose check right away. Sillicone contraction with L-implant do happen, I hope yours is not the case.

Hannah Lee
Regular
Regular

Postby Hannah Lee » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 2:05 pm

[quote="ocean11"]if u really like those ang moh's nose.. must tell Jung!!! and rem to insist!!! but seriously, not many asian face can take caucasian's nose wor.. i think u beta discuss with Jung.

shave jaw huh? ok.. mabe after u read this story of this taiwan actress, u might want to change ur mind.. cos it really quite a major op!

there's this actress in taiwan, her name is SHi Rong.. she is famous as 'Plastic surgery queen' she had about 30 over different kinda of procedures on her face.. the last time was about 4 mths ago and it was a major one in korea.. she went to this call Grand clinic (nvr go there! althou i heard it quite renowed in korea)
SHe redone her nose and eyes (the previous one was done in taipei.. it was a failure, but i think now worst!), she shaved her jaw from long to short and if i am not wrong, she done up her cheek or chin as well.. and lip too.
Frankly.. to me it was a total mess! her nose especially!! very similar to MJ!! :o the eyes still one big one small, her mouth too wide!!
but her surgeon was right in one thing. if u have a longer face, u will look older.. she make it short, so she appear to be slighly younger, but her rest of her face pretty messed up.. anyway, she created this journal of her plastic surgery in korea. http://tw.fashion.yahoo.com/blog/WIl4Oe ... e/?mid=559 (scroll all the way down of her journal, u can read her part 1-5)
this is her before to korea photo http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3025/dsc02546vz3.jpg
and she look much better last time.. poor gal.. and i think she abit regretted too. she cried on her interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTNArOW5s9k *sigh* and there's this show all gals celebraities suppose to remove all make up see who has natural beauty (which i think it a cruel show) when Shi Rong removed her make up.. everybody slient! can u imagine how bad was that!! really pity her..
she really over done it.. so guys, pls nvr nvr over do ur surgery, i know PS can be addictive, but must know where to stop..
PS can be beautify but too much will end up terrify :shock:

I think her jaw shaving turned out fine, its her NOSE that was a disaster. Though in the video she doesn't look so bad when she's talking.

I agree with blueberrymochi that she kinda reminds me of Dawn Yang in certain areas. Totally overdone.......

kalyn
Regular
Regular

Postby kalyn » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 2:45 pm

ocean11 wrote:kalyn,
the splint was given by ah pa jung.. it something like a hard plastic thingy with pores holes and when u soak inside the hot water it became soft. and when u mould it on ur nose, it became hard and steady ur shape of the nose. it pretty useful! most importantly it helps me to sleep peacfully cos with that splint i am not afriad that i'll knock my nose while sleeping..U can take out urself if u prepare to going out and before u sleep put it back again..

and yes! i read alot of article about the recovery of nose, most of the surgeon suggested u must wear the splint at least a week to stabilize the nose shape and the splint also help to reduce swelling fast.
actually Jung was advised me to wear at least 3 weeks.. just that becos i was having running nose that is why i wore about 2 weeks i stop, now i wore back again lor..
i don think u can buy from anywhere lay gal... sorry cant help u this..
actually i can see my swelling going down alot liao, and my tip also slightly less bulbous.. just that i am a super implatient woman la.. hehehe.. cos i really long time no go cheong liao!! don want to go cheong with swelling nose.. that is why panic attacked sometime!! hahaha.. :lol:

hehe.. okok.. sayang u back!! :console:

we all jia you!!

I see, your doctor is so nice and caring! Even gives you a splint to wear over your nose. Mine took it out after just a day. :cry: No wonder, I can feel my nose isn't stabalised, in terms of the implant. I hope it's more of less stabalised as days pass *pray* I'm really afraid to knock or hit onto it hard and then end up with a crooked nose! *touch wood!!*

If I don't wear the splint, the nose will still take its shape ya? The splint is only to reduce its swelling at a faster rate right? I don't know where can I get it so I guess I'll just leave my nose alone, pig nose pig nose loh. Anyway, great to hear your swelling has went down, pretty pretty can go attract males in clubs liao loh! :lol: I'll will be patient here, maybe one month later then go party!! =D

Anyway, on the tw actress plasticsurgery, I personally thinks she looks good already but she still isn't satisfied and did the bone shaving. But, I must say she is really one brave woman. Her tears in the video kinda touched me for a second. Can't read her blog though cus it's in mandarin characters? :-| But even a pig head after surgery like her can turn out nicely, I guess it shows recovery period is just normal! Everyone says she resemble dawn yang in some ways so I wldn't say any further.. :lol: