Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Shiyun
Regular
Regular

Post by Shiyun » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 4:45 pm

8-)
Last edited by Shiyun on Sat, 14 Jul 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love Korea - it's a very beautiful country

babyd0ll

Post by babyd0ll » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 5:50 pm

haha. thanks lots & lots for ur tips =D

babyd0ll

Post by babyd0ll » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 6:06 pm

can recommend me some hosp/clinics that offers good epicanthoplasty and lateral canthomy?

Regular
Regular

Post by 244522 » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 8:19 pm

Anyone know what is the difference between cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery?

Regular
Regular

Post by 244522 » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 8:21 pm

karena1122 wrote:karena1122 wrote:
thanks shiyun..dr wu is too ex..i dun have the money..heard from many ppl? dr m huang cheaper? i really hope someone who has done it can help me with some queries. Thanks..

Actually Dr Martin Huang is more expensive. I consult both doctor before.

hi so did u go for ba in the end? Can pm me? Thanks!!
what is ba?
Read through the past post that i wrote.
I ended up with Dr M.H.
he's not bad among the doctor i consult.

king87

Post by king87 » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 11:32 pm

244522.. i think cosmetic and plastic surgery is a same thing, lol..

ba i guess is breast augmentation/enlargement...

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:35 am

Shiyun wrote:I had noticed many people who are rich and successful in life with lots of wealth, they don't have outstanding looks, but they have outstanding skills and wits .... 8-)

I still think we have to be smart to survive in this society, maybe enhanced looks can build our confidence; ultimately it's your skills that will enable you through survival in life.

To me, pretty looks are only on the surface, maybe for the opposite sex to enjoy, but it don't really guarantee genuine happiness in life.
i would have to disagree shiyun..because i think undergoing plastic surgery is NOT for the opposite sex, but more for OURSELVES. Don't you agree? I mean, we feel that our eyes are small, but our partners think its ok, we still go for double eyelid surgery. SO i think ultimately, plastic surgery is for ourselves since it is our face. And it does provide happiness to those who lack self-esteem their entire life.

Have to agree with the skills and wit part though, we have to be equally equipped with skills so as to survive in this society apart from looks. :)
Cry when you get ripped.

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:54 am

and also regarding the ''if dr chuang does natural or drastic changes' problem. i find it rather weird..from the very start..when people say..XXX doctor does ''natural'' nose job/eye job..BUT..isn't plastic surgery about achieving a nicer look via artificial methods? so saying that it's natural is ironic?

we say it's natural cos it suits the face, we say it's unnatural cos doesn't fit the face. seriously speaking, seeing dawnyang, if you were not told of her plastic surgeries, would you think she look awful and scary? for me, no. i jus thought it was another close to perfect girl. and i think she looks ok, cos she did more than one part of her face to complement the rest, so her chin won't be too weak for her caucasian nose. she did forehead, reduction in jawline, and so many more. but she looks ok to me. so in my opinion there isn't a NATURAL plastic surgery, there are only those that are well done, or not so well done. also, a drastic change may/may not be a good thing, all it depends on is if the final result suits ur face.

so i hope ppl going to dr chuang can not worry, cos i was worried that he was ''not up to standard'' or does mild enhancement like dr sukit. :D
Cry when you get ripped.

shoe_girl

Post by shoe_girl » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 1:09 pm

katiyalooca,

Are you applying for a job at U of T? I go to school there haha its a pretty good school although my first yr wasnt as fun as i hoped.

Dr Chuang's clinic is called Wishclinic, here's the website: www.wishclinic.com.tw
Like i said i think he's really skilled based on the feedback i read on this forum, especially from Who, i really trust her opinion :) I have no idea how he is in comparison to Dr Kim, but he did study under him so he learned from the best right..hehe. There is always a risk involved regardless of who you go to-i saw an episode of girls out loud on youtube where this girl went to the most famous PS doctor in Singapore for nose job and the results dont look very good. For a few different criterias i decided on Dr Chuang-word of mouth, price, language...

Take Care and hope to see u at UT one day :)

PS i havent heard of thewinekone! but i will check it out right now..lol
Last edited by shoe_girl on Sun, 10 Jun 2007 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ocean11
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ocean11 » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 1:31 pm

I think wat they meant is, they afriad after go thru the surgery pain and suffering.. in the end not much of the diff from the original.

err.. i bet the diff for the dawn.. yes, no doubts she is pretty now, close to perfect? no.. it weird that she only looks good in her blog photos, but when she is a cover gal for magazine and taiwan TV program, she look really normal.. i also don know why.. :???:
seriously.. i can tell/suspect she undergone lotsa PS even if their is no rumous speclulation. esp her nose.. but ofcos it a sucessful surgery, and i don go against her so don get me wrong, cos me too also did my nose!! hehehe..
i admire her the courage for undergone so many surgery, i wish i have that courage too, cos i really need to fix alot of things on my face!! hahaha.. but i don admire her for not admitting she nvr gone any surgery, and ofcos it her freedom, i just stated wat i tho... so don attack me if u are her fan hor!! :P
takuda wrote:and also regarding the ''if dr chuang does natural or drastic changes' problem. i find it rather weird..from the very start..when people say..XXX doctor does ''natural'' nose job/eye job..BUT..isn't plastic surgery about achieving a nicer look via artificial methods? so saying that it's natural is ironic?

we say it's natural cos it suits the face, we say it's unnatural cos doesn't fit the face. seriously speaking, seeing dawnyang, if you were not told of her plastic surgeries, would you think she look awful and scary? for me, no. i jus thought it was another close to perfect girl. and i think she looks ok, cos she did more than one part of her face to complement the rest, so her chin won't be too weak for her caucasian nose. she did forehead, reduction in jawline, and so many more. but she looks ok to me. so in my opinion there isn't a NATURAL plastic surgery, there are only those that are well done, or not so well done. also, a drastic change may/may not be a good thing, all it depends on is if the final result suits ur face.

so i hope ppl going to dr chuang can not worry, cos i was worried that he was ''not up to standard'' or does mild enhancement like dr sukit. :D

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 3:21 pm

ocean11 wrote:I think wat they meant is, they afriad after go thru the surgery pain and suffering.. in the end not much of the diff from the original.

err.. i bet the diff for the dawn.. yes, no doubts she is pretty now, close to perfect? no.. it weird that she only looks good in her blog photos, but when she is a cover gal for magazine and taiwan TV program, she look really normal.. i also don know why.. :???:
seriously.. i can tell/suspect she undergone lotsa PS even if their is no rumous speclulation. esp her nose.. but ofcos it a sucessful surgery, and i don go against her so don get me wrong, cos me too also did my nose!! hehehe..
i admire her the courage for undergone so many surgery, i wish i have that courage too, cos i really need to fix alot of things on my face!! hahaha.. but i don admire her for not admitting she nvr gone any surgery, and ofcos it her freedom, i just stated wat i tho... so don attack me if u are her fan hor!! :P
takuda wrote:and also regarding the ''if dr chuang does natural or drastic changes' problem. i find it rather weird..from the very start..when people say..XXX doctor does ''natural'' nose job/eye job..BUT..isn't plastic surgery about achieving a nicer look via artificial methods? so saying that it's natural is ironic?

nah, definitely not a fan of hers, and i certainly agree with u that she looked horrible on maxim's cover. i meant ''close to perfect'' cause i believe very few asians are born naturally like that, so if she's 100% natural, you can call it perfect. and, she did her nose, eyes, forehead/brow, chin, jaws etc to achieve the caucasian look.

yups, and you said u can tell if there were no rumours..thats great..that jus means the surgeries were not well done cause it looks too artificial on her. i agree, though, at first look, i could tell that she did her eyes. (and i seriously think she got a silicon L implant, cause its just weird.) :?
Cry when you get ripped.

karena1122

Post by karena1122 » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 4:32 pm

hey ba means breast augmentation. ya..so i want ask u if u have done it? cuz i really really wan to do it, but quite scare..so wanna ask an experinenced person..thanks..

harajukugirl
Regular
Regular

Post by harajukugirl » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 5:01 pm

who wrote:harajuka girl,

People can't predict how dramatic their results will be. Some people's face suit a high bridge. others don't... results are more dependent on other factors other than the doctor.

some people when they get double eyelid, it makes their eyes MUCH bigger... for others, there is little difference in size. And, they can be done by the same doc...

good luck, btw!
thanks who! :)

just hope that my PS with dr chuang will be able to get the results that i wish for :)

foubelle
Regular
Regular

Post by foubelle » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 5:07 pm

appletree wrote:Hi foubelle,

Ur mum might have her point in the phrase, but i've read in a women's magazine, theres a page on plastic surgery reviews, there's this article from experts saying that even if u change ur outlook features by doing plastic surgery, it wont really change the face reading fate though....??

foubelle wrote:that's why he's call pap jung i guess. really fatherly yeah?

hahas. ocean11, you're so funny. i'm still deciding between korea and taiwan. havent decided yet because they seem to be about the same with korea having better skills but taiwan has a more reasonable price(yet still good) so i dont know. :???:
i like to have a better face shape mah. maybe cos my mum told me that nv ren lian xing hao, ming ye hui hen hao(rough translation: woman with a good face shape will have a good life) then i want a good life.

i read somewhere that though it might not really be as good as if you'r born with it, it helps to a certain extend. no harm trying. beside will look better also(:

foubelle
Regular
Regular

Post by foubelle » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 5:26 pm

katiyalooca wrote:Hey shoegirl!!

Wow, you live in Toronto eh, i'm applying to U of T so who knows, I may get lucky and be asked for an interview over there, hehe..

Hmm...sounds like many ppl on this board is going to Dr. Chuang or Dr. Jung instead of kim.

Money and his attitude aside, do you think their skills are superior to kim??

Oh, and what's Dr. Chuang's website anyway?

p.s. shoegirl, have you heard of thewinekone from youtube, isn't he from toronto :lol:
dr chuang i dare not say but for nose, dr jung is definitely at least equal to dr kim if not much better. there's very bad reviews(not on attitude but on results) in front on dr kim. on forumer leena went to him and have a crook nose and he refuse to be responsible for it and kept denying of an actualy problem.